50 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Ebbe thought enough of the players he had to put them on ridiculous contracts, though. His spell at the club is part of the reason we brought in a spiralling alcoholic to rescue the situation... another terrific decision by Stupid Decisions™ FC.  

We're skint because we let this guy, and the 3 guys before him... two of whom weren't even real managers, and the other was a mediocre manager at best  (another great bunch of decisions)... spend all our money. And now we need YOU, barely functioning alcoholic with a major gambling addiction... we need YOU to build a team of first division journeymen to compete in the top league and save us from bankruptcy... because when your club is on the verge of extinction you want to put it in the safe hands of an unreliable drunk. 

Anyway... it sounds a lot worse when you say it out loud. 

Ebe, though, I feel he was at least as much at fault as the spoons who hired him and gave him free reign with dwindling resources. And then he fucked off with a, "Sorry. That's me. Still, eh?" 

I can fully understand a team plucking an overachieving European with a solid pedigree and a footballing philosophy and chucking him into the boiling cauldron of dross that is Scottish fitba (history repeats) but I have to agree that it would have been something to have been a fly on the wall when after an awkward silence in the boardroom someone pipes up and says….” Heh min Ian, that boy Pele you were drinking with on Friday….fits he up teh? Worth a look?”.

33 minutes ago, Russell said:

Aye, his best comparison is probably a deid manager from 25 years ago because he came from a country that's a bitty close to Sweden.

Yes, probably. 

He's a foreign manager who did well in Scandinavia, is an unkown quantity (since none of us (likely) follow Scandinavian football) but he has no experience of Scottish football, and he comes in to revitalise a struggling Aberdeen that's underperforming. 

Since then we've had Paterson, Calderwood, McGhee, Brown, McInnes, Glass, Goodwin, and Robson... none of whom are better corrolaries. All but one Scots, all familiar with Scottish football, all of whom we had a reasonable idea of their abilities, and the one non-Scot was also familiar with Scottish football, but we already knew he was mediocre when we got him. 

So... yeah... I'm using one to relate to the other because the situation with them is the most similar. 

Genuinely an odd post to Strawman. 

9 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I despise the term ‘todders’. We’re not an English, rugby playing, public school.

PIttodrie.

It’s only one more syllable to say and 2 more letters to type. 

Aye should be an instant ban from here for use of the word and really in an ideal world the perpetrator should be hunted down and booted to death.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye should be an instant ban from here for use of the word and really in an ideal world the perpetrator should be hunted down and booted to death.

Feels a bit extreme, min 😂

I was thinking more along the lines of, don’t do it again 

It was Charlie Dickens that wrote a Tale of Two Cities and he could of been writing about today's match.

First half not too bad at all and it was full of hope. Conversely the second half was an eyewateringly poor performance that reminded me that a revolution is necessary. 

Another big letdown for me today was the Red Shed. Particularly the so-called Ultras. I suggest they spend the summer learning what being a real Ultra entails. At the moment it's as if they're only playing at it. Time for them to step up and actually become the part they are only playing at present.

All in all a rather disappointing afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Been our best player since January and most improved of the season. Can't wait to see him in good team.

Tbh, I was just poking fun at you.

Being our best player since January admittedly shows how terrible we've been.

Far from the worst player, of course.

1 hour ago, madjockmcferson said:

pittodrie cant be developed. there isnt the space and we need that for the extra income from private events etc.... it has to be a new stadium. todders is simply not fit for purpose. but i agree, we wont have a new stadium for at least another decade 

I can't hold my tongue any longer. I've been keeping an eye on the drivel you spout in the boozer and you're an absolute cock.

Were you exiled from Aberdeen for performing persistent acts of grand prickery or are you perhaps not one of the chosen people? I sincerely hope it's the latter because if you were to be a natural born Aberdonian it would make me sad. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

It was Charlie Dickens that wrote a Tale of Two Cities and he could of been writing about today's match.

First half not too bad at all and it was full of hope. Conversely the second half was an eyewateringly poor performance that reminded me that a revolution is necessary. 

Another big letdown for me today was the Red Shed. Particularly the so-called Ultras. I suggest they spend the summer learning what being a real Ultra entails. At the moment it's as if they're only playing at it. Time for them to step up and actually become the part they are only playing at present.

All in all a rather disappointing afternoon. 

He also said ‘it was the best of times, it was the worst of times’

he was 50% correct on that one. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Ebbe thought enough of the players he had to put them on ridiculous contracts, though. His spell at the club is part of the reason we brought in a spiralling alcoholic to rescue the situation... another terrific decision by Stupid Decisions™ FC.  

We're skint because we let this guy, and the 3 guys before him... two of whom weren't even real managers, and the other was a mediocre manager at best  (another great bunch of decisions)... spend all our money. And now we need YOU, barely functioning alcoholic with a major gambling addiction... we need YOU to build a team of first division journeymen to compete in the top league and save us from bankruptcy... because when your club is on the verge of extinction you want to put it in the safe hands of an unreliable drunk. 

Anyway... it sounds a lot worse when you say it out loud. 

Ebe, though, I feel he was at least as much at fault as the spoons who hired him and gave him free reign with dwindling resources. And then he fucked off with a, "Sorry. That's me. Still, eh?" 

If we didn't spend money on the contracts we'd have sunk without trace. Those were the days Dundee were paying Ravinelli, Motherwell were paying out stupid money for a pile of ex huns and Dunfermline started to pay more than us. Milne was one of the first to say enough to the madness so it's not as if Skovdahl could do much about the wage bill as it was the going rate at the time. Ebbe's problem was in asking the players to pass the fucking ball when they were incapable of doing it twice in a row.

3 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I can't hold my tongue any longer. I've been keeping an eye on the drivel you spout in the boozer and you're an absolute cock.

Were you exiled from Aberdeen for performing persistent acts of grand prickery or are you perhaps not one of the chosen people? I sincerely hope it's the latter because if you were to be a natural born Aberdonian it would make me sad. 

You need to get off the fence DR, min. Start saying how you really feel. 😂

Yet again Shinnie jumping when absolutely no need to to get sent off, he did it against St Johnstone and County last season when we needed our best players and again today plus is out of the semi for a total needless booking against Killie, a total liability and he is supposed to be the captain. Hopefully Thelin comes in and chases him away from the club. 

2 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I'm not your teacher.

There's one lad in the Shed that knows. Make him the group leader and things might get better but as things stand I don't see that there's any hope. 

You seem to be both aware of the requirements and keen they are implemented.

Perhaps you should offer some Ultra training? Alternatively you could leave the kids to do what they want.