A really bad game. It’s difficult to find anything positive to say. I think Leven needs to change it last 5 league games to at least try and score some goals. Not fussed what we try next week. 

really like to support youth but Ryan Duncan was absolutely shite. 

we need to sign some new players. Specifically fullbacks and wingers, even a centre mid. Ideally with pace but some kind of football ability would even be appreciated.

dire, again.

5 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

The arrogance of some people is quite incredible. Dundee have had a good season and they’ve boosted their finances with a top six finish that could see them kick on a bit next season. Of course it means a lot to to them to be in the top 6.

They've boosted their finances by spending fuck all on their pitch, while other clubs have had to invest heavily in their playing surfaces. 

The money they saved by leaving Dens Park as a tattie field enabled them to spend on their playing staff....to the point that it was enough to enable them to scrape a top 6 place. 

They're fucking cheats, and they're complete tinpot arrogant cunts. 

Fuck them. 

On an afternoon of lows, Shinnie outdid himself at the end. Completely unnecessary. Hopefully only required as a backup next season. Give the captaincy to someone else...who probably isn't at the club now (not Stewart).

1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

On an afternoon of lows, Shinnie outdid himself at the end. Completely unnecessary. Hopefully only required as a backup next season. Give the captaincy to someone else...who probably isn't at the club now (not Stewart).

Shinnie is nowhere near the quality we need going forward, not in midfield anyway. Maybe backup left back.

Between them, Clarkson and Shinnie are hoovering £14k a week from the club, and both on long contracts. And yet the lad Lyall Cameron bossed the pair of them today, probably on £2k a week. It’s crazy the financial mess Cormack has got us into.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Bamber said:

Duk Summed up game and probably season in some ways

first half unplayable - almost got a player booked every time he has the ball

2nd half went from unplayable to unplaying 

I am surprised he lasted 1 half, dragging that Kardashian esq arse behind him 

2 hours ago, Bamber said:

Duk Summed up game and probably season in some ways

first half unplayable - almost got a player booked every time he has the ball

2nd half went from unplayable to unplaying 

He still had his moments in the second half, couple of decent runs, a shot and header which were as close as we got to scoring. 

This season is just going to fizzle out - I think we're pretty much safe of relegation and whether we finish 7th, 8th or 9th probably doesn't make a massive difference (obviously higher the better). The youngsters who are closest to being ready for 1st team football are all out on loan - it would've been great to have seen Bavidge in the starting line up for the last 3 or 4 games - but in their absence I'm not really sure there's anything to get excited about. The backup players on the bench have already shown that they offer very little, so don't see much point in giving them lots of game time. If anything, get Polvara and Sokler on the park a bit more as they're likely to still be here next season whereas a good few of the others won't be.

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Shinnie is nowhere near the quality we need going forward, not in midfield anyway. Maybe backup left back.

Between them, Clarkson and Shinnie are hoovering £14k a week from the club, and both on long contracts. And yet the lad Lyall Cameron bossed the pair of them today, probably on £2k a week. It’s crazy the financial mess Cormack has got us into.

Completely agree. 
The midfield is slow, small, physically weak, uncreative & bossed most weeks. 

Needs gutted

Barron will be gone, Shinnie shouldn’t be a first pick & Clarkson has been a massive let down. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Completely agree. 
The midfield is slow, small, physically weak, uncreative & bossed most weeks. 

Needs gutted

Barron will be gone, Shinnie shouldn’t be a first pick & Clarkson has been a massive let down. 

Agree with most of that.  Clarkson does keep showing the flashes he is capable of - couple of long passes setting Miovski free spring to mind.  They’re notable simply because no other midfielder we have can do that.  A better side, he’d be more confident and things like that first half chance will happen for him.

BUT

hes light and so a huge part in us disappearing second half.  But then that’s where you expect Shinnie and Barron to step up.  That’s why they’re playing.

(just on Shinnie I think he’s unlucky with the second booking, the boy does lose control.  But he just doesn’t learn.  And Walsh needs no encouragement).

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Agree with most of that.  Clarkson does keep showing the flashes he is capable of - couple of long passes setting Miovski free spring to mind.  They’re notable simply because no other midfielder we have can do that.  A better side, he’d be more confident and things like that first half chance will happen for him.

BUT

hes light and so a huge part in us disappearing second half.  But then that’s where you expect Shinnie and Barron to step up.  That’s why they’re playing.

(just on Shinnie I think he’s unlucky with the second booking, the boy does lose control.  But he just doesn’t learn.  And Walsh needs no encouragement).

On Shinnie, I’m not commenting on his second booking; I’m talking specifically on his performance yesterday (running thru glue) and just generally his performance since he returned to the club and how much cash he is taking out of the club versus that return.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

On Shinnie, I’m not commenting on his second booking; I’m talking specifically on his performance yesterday (running thru glue) and just generally his performance since he returned to the club and how much cash he is taking out of the club versus that return.

Maybe his illness is catching up with him. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

BUT

I am anything but a Walsh fan but Shinnie’s second booking was totally correct. If he put as much effort into the footballing side of his game to the efforts he makes to run about arguing with refs he might merit his place. As it is we will require a new captain for the next two games and Shinnie should be relieve of the captaincy for good. Sadly do not think Leven will have the guts to do it and he will be back to leading the team out for the last four games of the season.

I've been a big Barron apologist because he's a technically good player. But on yesterday's showing I don't think he has the footballing brain to compliment it.

Looks good on the ball but end product is an absolute lottery.

We had them on the ropes in the first half but couldn't capitalise because there's no real "system" for getting goals. Movement feels sporadic, the passing isn't incisive, opportunities come more through good fortune than good football.

Roll on next season and hopefully a manager with a style and a system that he can implement (over time, will take some patience I'm sure)

• Upvote 1

Second half Dundee just wanted it more. Game was running away from us and we were too slow to make changes. We have too many players who can go anonymous . But we seemed to be hanging on at the end, giving away ridiculous free kicks.

And then tin lid on a shite day I nearly miss my bus as VAR takes 3 minutes to decide Dundee goal should not stand. Most blatant offside and hand ball from their striker ever. How did that take 3 minutes. ( also does does Roos let ball go in from a shot from that angle? ). Mind you tin lid would have been VAR saying Goal stands......

On 4/14/2024 at 5:00 AM, sooth_stander said:

They did as did that Tiffany boy 

On 4/13/2024 at 9:50 PM, RUL said:

A really bad game. It’s difficult to find anything positive to say. I think Leven needs to change it last 5 league games to at least try and score some goals. Not fussed what we try next week. 

really like to support youth but Ryan Duncan was absolutely shite. 

we need to sign some new players. Specifically fullbacks and wingers, even a centre mid. Ideally with pace but some kind of football ability would even be appreciated.

dire, again.

I have a great deal of sympathy for players who are rarely getting any game time particularly young players. Players like Duncan are going weeks with no competitive football. This is again a massive failing of the club who expect people to play monthly via AberDNA so that money can be invested in the playing side of the club yet we are one of only a few Premiership teams who do not run a reserve team. Another example of Cormack’s cost cutting that is having a massive impact on the development of our team and players.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, G man said:

I have a great deal of sympathy for players who are rarely getting any game time particularly young players. Players like Duncan are going weeks with no competitive football. This is again a massive failing of the club who expect people to play monthly via AberDNA so that money can be invested in the playing side of the club yet we are one of only a few Premiership teams who do not run a reserve team. Another example of Cormack’s cost cutting that is having a massive impact on the development of our team and players.

As Warnock rightly pointed out. We’re looking for guys to come off the bench and make an impact but it’s very difficult when they’re getting virtually zero game time without a reserve league. 

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

As Warnock rightly pointed out. We’re looking for guys to come off the bench and make an impact but it’s very difficult when they’re getting virtually zero game time without a reserve league. 

There is a reserve league, the muppets that run our club choose not to enter

16 hours ago, G man said:

You overlook the main reason why he is getting no competitive football for weeks. I can exclusively reveal that the reason for this is down to the fact that he is fucking shite. He should be playing for a Maud or the like. 

• Thanks 1