Aberdeen 3 - 3 Celtic (5 - 6)

11 hours ago, BrisDon said:

One barometer of the McInnes era is that if we had pushed Celtic more then the younger loons would probably hate Celtic as much as us (slightly older) fans hate the Huns. Maybe they do? I know I fucking hate them as much. Would love it if we beat them and their shit eating grin of a manager. 

Yep, I hate them more to be honest

A 12 year old club doesn't even appear on my register

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

Handed 10k back to Celtic. Press will love that we have only sold 9k.

The press are mongos though, just like everything else they’ll give no thought whatsoever to the why in their rush to disparage the dons (or any other non OF team) and bum up the OF.

A noisy 9k will be better than heaps of day outers going anyway. 

how pathetic was the atmosphere at the league cup final when we had 40k “fans” compared to the atmosphere at Tynecastle for the semi when we had about 12k or something. 

fuck you I refuse to accept that was over 10 years ago 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why?

Lost revenue

Bigger loss of revenue not making the final.

Celtic's "world famous atmosphere" is enhanced by receiving an extra 9000 tickets. That's likely the reason they'd win the semi. 

Come on. Thought you'd a business head on you.

Dons take a small hit in revenue but get more long term by not giving up the tickets. 

1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

Bigger loss of revenue not making the final.

Celtic's "world famous atmosphere" is enhanced by receiving an extra 9000 tickets. That's likely the reason they'd win the semi. 

Come on. Thought you'd a business head on you.

Dons take a small hit in revenue but get more long term by not giving up the tickets. 

A business head you say?

We pay the SFA £400k for unpaid tickets in a gamble to enhance our very thin chances of winning a semi final. 

Aye, ok.

LOL 

8 hours ago, Millertime said:

Why?

Lost revenue

I don’t really care about revenue. Just thinking how I’ll feel if they score and 40,000 of them are celebrating. Horrible. Thought there was rules on segregation which meant some stands couldn’t be shared?

9 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

A noisy 9k will be better than heaps of day outers going anyway. 

how pathetic was the atmosphere at the league cup final when we had 40k “fans” compared to the atmosphere at Tynecastle for the semi when we had about 12k or something. 

fuck you I refuse to accept that was over 10 years ago 

Disagree about the atmosphere at the 14 league cup final being pathetic - thought the fans tried their best to get behind the team and make noise, which wasn't easy given it was a dreadful match with no goals.

It'll be easy for the Weegie media to say we only sold 9k, but christ the SFA putting the game at 12:30 for one team who has fans who have to travel 150-160 miles at least (more if coming from North of Aberdeen) is an absolute joke. Most fans want to have a bit of a day out coupled with the football - especially when in the last 20 years the football is likely the worst bit of the day! No idea why it couldn't just have been at 2pm or 3pm.

1 minute ago, DoonTheLine said:

It'll be easy for the Weegie media to say we only sold 9k, but christ the SFA putting the game at 12:30 for one team who has fans who have to travel 150-160 miles at least (more if coming from North of Aberdeen) is an absolute joke. Most fans want to have a bit of a day out coupled with the football - especially when in the last 20 years the football is likely the worst bit of the day! No idea why it couldn't just have been at 2pm or 3pm.

Have the day out after full time. Will only be about 2.15pm. Plenty time to have fun.

26 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

Because it's on on TV and there's a blackout for live football on TV on a Saturday between 2:45 and 5:15. It's shit, but that's why.

5 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I think they changed that, but if not I'll just have a pint and a bacon roll. And then move on to The Crystal Palace for the same again. 

Sure when I was there the rolls weren’t enforced. Which was unfortunate as I wanted one.

• Haha 1