Whom Should JT Retain?

16 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Roos on the evening news saying he’s hoping to get an extension to his current deal

Realising he's not inundated with offers, second kid due imminently so suddenly he's wanting to stay

At least one of Duk and Miovski will be sold.

Keep; Duk/Miovski, Rubezic, McKenzie (bench), Devlin (bench), Milne (bench), Clarkson, Shinnie, McGrath, Sokler, Polvara, MacDonald, Bavidge (another loan maybe), McGarry (just)

Definitely leaving anyway: Roos, Gartenmann, Barron, Hayes, Phillips, Hoilett, Ngwenya, Stewart

Need to be moved on: Doohan, Jensen, Ryan Duncan, Jayden Richardson, Shayden Morris, Besuijen

The struggle will be to move Morris, Richardson and Besuijen off our books.

We don't need to offload everyone all at once.

Some of the current lot would ideally drop down as cover if/when better replacements arrive.  I'd rather have 5 or 6 who are really good this summer than 12-14 punts. 

Losing 12-14 and bringing in  the same number every summer is a risky business as we've found to our cost the last few years. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Some of the current lot would ideally drop down as cover if/when better replacements arrive.  I'd rather have 5 or 6 who are really good this summer than 12-14 punts. 

Losing 12-14 and bringing in  the same number every summer is a risky business as we've found to our cost the last few years. 

Due to leavers and those definitely not good enough, we are still going to need around 8 in this summer.

28 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

At least one of Duk and Miovski will be sold.

Keep; Duk/Miovski, Rubezic, McKenzie (bench), Devlin (bench), Milne (bench), Clarkson, Shinnie, McGrath, Sokler, Polvara, MacDonald, Bavidge (another loan maybe), McGarry (just)

Definitely leaving anyway: Roos, Gartenmann, Barron, Hayes, Phillips, Hoilett, Ngwenya, Stewart

Need to be moved on: Doohan, Jensen, Ryan Duncan, Jayden Richardson, Shayden Morris, Besuijen

The struggle will be to move Morris, Richardson and Besuijen off our books.

There's no point in selling Duk.

He'll be worth more to us next season than any fee we're likely to receive.

I don't think Miovski will be off either. Perhaps hoping gainst hope, but we could still make some big coinage on him next January. Maybe we could get him to sign an extension with the understanding he can move on if some cunt come up with x amount of spondooliks. Such scenarios have happened before. He does talk highly of us so possibly open to such a manouvere.

As for the need to be moved on batch, I'd keep Besuijen and Jensen. Mybe Doohan as well.

Vinny does have some footballing ability, whether he'd be able to work as hard as would be required under a Thelin side is of course debatable.

Jensen as a CB back-up.

The others, Duncan, Morris and Richardson are categorically not even football players.

The definition would have to be a touch expansive for them to be so.

Particularly that Duncan fanny. A complete fucking abortion, as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
To coin a MT oft used angle, I actually hate the fucker.
In a Mackie or Langfield manner.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The amount of folk wanting to keep Mackenzie Jesus wept. Presumably because he is contracted to 2025 and nobody would be stupid enough to buy him. 

McKenzie would be better up the park in the left wing position. Play Devlin in midfield .Roos, Gartenmann, Jensen and Ruby can get to fuk. These players are fukin awful. So whole new defence needed.

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

I don't think Miovski will be off either. Perhaps hoping gainst hope, but we could still make some big coinage on him next January. Maybe we could get him to sign an extension with the understanding he can move on if some cunt come up with x amount of spondooliks. Such scenarios have happened before. He does talk highly of us so possibly open to such a manouvere.

As for the need to be moved on batch, I'd keep Besuijen and Jensen. Mybe Doohan as well.

Vinny does have some footballing ability, whether he'd be able to work as hard as would be required under a Thelin side is of course debatable.

Jensen as a CB back-up.

The others, Duncan, Morris and Richardson are categorically not even football players.

Particularly that Duncan fanny. A complete fucking abortion, as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Big coinage in January? There were only just over 30 x 10 million euro+ transfers in January 24, and just over 40 x 10 million euro+ transfers in January 23 across the whole of world football. I can't see a bottom 6 SPFL side generating that kind of revenues in a window which is becoming less and less of a spend with FFP being strongly enforced across Europe.

Summer would be the time to receive the largest amount possible and what that amount is i'm unsure due to how poor our league is looked at outwith the top 2, how poor we've been and also how spending is not as frivolous as in the past.

20 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Jensen as a CB back-up.

If Doohan isn't good enough to replace the current coward and clown we have in goals there is absolutely no point in him being here.

33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yep.

While I can see the need for ten signings again- we can’t expect to bring in 15-20 signings to create a whole new squad, that’s just crazy.

There will be an element of evolution rather than revolution I think.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, DoonTheLine said:

Big coinage in January? There were only just over 30 x 10 million euro+ transfers in January 24, and just over 40 x 10 million euro+ transfers in January 23 across the whole of world football. I can't see a bottom 6 SPFL side generating that kind of revenues in a window which is becoming less and less of a spend with FFP being strongly enforced across Europe.

Summer would be the time to receive the largest amount possible and what that amount is i'm unsure due to how poor our league is looked at outwith the top 2, how poor we've been and also how spending is not as frivolous as in the past.

We'll be top of the league come January min

On 4/16/2024 at 9:06 PM, Millertime said:

Devlin as backup

Mackenzie as strictly back up

Rubezic 

Barron if he signs a contract

Clarkson who I think will return to form with better players around him

Shinnie as a squad player

McGrath as a squad player

Duk if he wants to, as I can see him exploding onto form again

Miovski will probably be away to raise funds 

That's genuinely it

Every single other one can get tae

Agree with this. I'd add MacDonald as back-up (although him and Ruby could work well together).

Possibly Sokler. Would like to see him get 3 or 4 games in a row to judge.

Can't believe the amount of folk who want to keep Polvara. They must enjoy watching a 6ft 4 poof with the touch of a rapist shite himself in every 50/50.

7 minutes ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

How has leven managed to get gartenman playing like a proper defender again? It's like hes a different bloke altogether

Aye, Leven deserves a lot of credit for the job he is doing. He has done a far better job than any of the so called managers we've had in the he last 3 years.

• Upvote 1