Whom Should JT Retain?

2 hours ago, Awayfromhomered said:

@ERNIE anyone you'd like from killie?

I used to think he was related to McInnes with his constant bigger up of him but after his claim that Marley Watkins was a good player for Aberdeen I’m now of the opinion he is actually Russ Richardson 

• Haha 1

Gartenmann, Roos, Hayes, Barron, Hoilett, Phillips, Ngwenya and Stewart will be offski in May.

Miovski and Duk will almost certainly be offski in July or August.

We'll be open to moving on a handful of others and we'll maybe get lucky with a couple finding a new home.

That's all gonna add up to give space for 10 or so new signings.

• Upvote 1

From both those interviews we won't be doing wholesale shifting of staff. Some out, some in. I'd imagine the bankable players will be out and the out of contract too but that'd be it. Very much doubt we'll be eating contract costs to shift in contract players so don't go getting hopes up for that.

Miovski and Duk we might shift and maybe some of the fringe players we'll wear but I doubt any more than that. 

Hell you might find given the way Thelin plays he might be another manager trying to get a song out of Shayden up front. 

In any case I doubt there will be massive change this first window. I'd imagine there will be tinkering like I say above, a bit more in the winter window and maybe end of next season is where bigger change might happen. 

10 hours ago, Hoofball said:

I used to think he was related to McInnes with his constant bigger up of him but after his claim that Marley Watkins was a good player for Aberdeen I’m now of the opinion he is actually Russ Richardson 

The 3 0 game against St Mirren last season showed what Watkins could do when he came on for Miovski and got most of the game rather than the last 10 mins.Underrated here but showing what he is capable off at Killie now.

6 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

The 3 0 game against St Mirren last season showed what Watkins could do when he came on for Miovski and got most of the game rather than the last 10 mins.Underrated here but showing what he is capable off at Killie now.

He wasn't to capable a few weeks ago at Pittodrie.  Barely got a sniff.  Standard.

9 hours ago, HairyOxter said:

Miovski aside, who will be gone anyway.

I'd keep McGrath.

The rest i'd get rid of the lot of them. Clean sweep.

Agreed. Wouldn’t lose any sleep about anyone other than Miovski and McGrath going.

You could possibly make an argument for keeping Duk if Thelin can get him interested again, but he’s probably away anyway.

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

He had plenty of chances across his time with us…

Keep Duk, Miovski, McGrath, Ruby, McKenzie and Clarkson

I actually think Shinnie (or Phillips)  could have a role to play if we could mould either into a holding midfielder.

Bring Bavidge back and give him plenty of time in the league cup qualifiers etc, hopefully building his confidence and earning his place. 

29 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Keep Duk, Miovski, McGrath, Ruby, McKenzie and Clarkson

I actually think Shinnie (or Phillips)  could have a role to play if we could mould either into a holding midfielder.

Bring Bavidge back and give him plenty of time in the league cup qualifiers etc, hopefully building his confidence and earning his place. 

Shinnie doesn't have the discipline nor the technical ability to play as a holding midfielder

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Shinnie doesn't have the discipline nor the technical ability to play as a holding midfielder

Prefers the headless chicken role, where he runs up and down the pitch at least three yards behind play so constantly out of position

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

The hate for shinnie is funny. No one was complaining about his performance against Killie that got us all a trip to Hampden this weekend.

Wonder how he’ll perform at Hampden, oh wait he got himself suspended so we’ll never know

5 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Bin Samson, PLEASE.

I wouldn’t worry to much, clear they use the hat for all suggestions, don’t think I have seen positive post about Samson, he will be gone soon enough.

KEEP

Miovski, Duk, Polvara, Clarkson, Shinnie, McDonald, MacKenzie, Devlin, McGrath, Duncan, Sokler, Rubezic, Bavidge, Milne + any other young players not out of contract.

BIN

All the rest. Having massive overhauls every season isn't sustainable. Also not sure we could even get rid of Gueye or Morris, so might be stuck with them either way.

• Upvote 1

He should keep the players who are able to fit into the formation and style he wants to play. I've no idea who they are as I'm not sure exactly how he'll set up.

Some are talented, technically good players like Barron, Clarkson, Polvara, McGrath, Besoujin, Duk, Miovski - I'd guess at least 3 of them will be gone anyway. 

Who to get rid of is easier, as some are just not good enough regardless of formation and style - Richardson, Stewart, Gartenmann, Morris, Duncan, Gueye etc

Others like Roos, Doohan, Jensen, MacDonald, MacKenzie, Sokler are average at best but might be good enough as squad fillers.

8 minutes ago, Belabedlam said:

KEEP

Miovski, Duk, Polvara, Clarkson, Shinnie, McDonald, MacKenzie, Devlin, McGrath, Duncan, Sokler, Rubezic, Bavidge, Milne + any other young players not out of contract.

BIN

All the rest. Having massive overhauls every season isn't sustainable. Also not sure we could even get rid of Gueye or Morris, so might be stuck with them either way.

This but get Duncan out on loan asap.

7 minutes ago, Belabedlam said:

KEEP

BIN

Wouldn’t keep Mackenzie not good enough for cover in my opinion never mind the LB spot, Duncan is never a footballer, if we want to be better and reclaim 3rd spot at worst we cannot have these guys in the squad, not good enough.

• Dildo 1

Out of contract

Gartenmann
Barron
Roos
Hayes
Hoilett
Stewart

Loan return to club

Phillips

Sold

Duk
Bojan

Definitely making squad

Doohan
Devlin
McKenzie
Shinnie
Jensen
McGrath
Clarkson
Sokler
Polvara
MacDonald
Milne
Rubezic

Given preseason to prove it

McGarry
Morris (contract till 2026 - can see him not moving)
Duncan
Gueye
Vinny
Richardson (contract till 2025 - might have to pay him off)

Youth on bubble

Bavidge
Lobban

Potential out of contract signings

Patrik Carlgren (gk)

Alex Jallow (rb)

Projected depth

CF      
    Sokler      
    Gueye      

LW   No 10   RW  
?   McGrath   Vinny  
?   ?   Morris  

CM   CM    
  Shinnie   Clarkson    
  Polvara   ?    
LB       RB  
McKenzie       Devlin  
? CB   CB ?  
  McDonald Ruby    
  Jensen   Milne    

GK      
    ?      

Doohan

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Leightons Ricketts said:

Out of contract

Gartenmann
Barron
Roos
Hayes
Hoilett
Stewart

Loan return to club

Phillips

Sold

Duk
Bojan

Definitely making squad

Doohan
Devlin
McKenzie
Shinnie
Jensen
McGrath
Clarkson
Sokler
Polvara
MacDonald
Milne
Rubezic

Given preseason to prove it

McGarry
Morris (contract till 2026 - can see him not moving)
Duncan
Gueye
Vinny
Richardson (contract till 2025 - might have to pay him off)

Youth on bubble

Bavidge
Lobban

Potential out of contract signings

Patrik Carlgren (gk)

Alex Jallow (rb)

Projected depth

CF      
    Sokler      
    Gueye      

LW   No 10   RW  
?   McGrath   Vinny  
?   ?   Morris  

CM   CM    
  Shinnie   Clarkson    
  Polvara   ?    
LB       RB  
McKenzie       Devlin  
? CB   CB ?  
  McDonald Ruby    
  Jensen   Milne    

GK      
    ?      

Doohan

When you see it laid out like that it’s horrific, whole squad overhaul needed, ridiculous being in this position after the money we have spent.

• Upvote 1