Whom Should JT Retain?

50 minutes ago, don corleone said:

Aye, Leven deserves a lot of credit for the job he is doing. He has done a far better job than any of the so called managers we've had in the he last 3 years.

The league results under Leven and the performance today give pause for thought - It's one of those "what if" moments when you wonder what our season would have been like if we'd had Leven as interim throughout instead of hiring the English geriatric?  I'm pretty sure we'd be top six and still in with a chance of a Euro spot.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Glass half full said:

Mckenzie with another good game yesterday, this time against the top team in the country in their own city with the refs on their side. 
The boy is the most improved player at the club this season, and can hopefully improve further under Thelin. 

If we want to start getting closer to the big two and doing well in Europe he’ll probably need replaced. But I don’t think that is going to be happening next season. Happy for him to be first pick next season if we focus on plugging some more glaring holes 

34 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Why oh why did we not trust Leven with the job when we sacked Robson. He has been superb. Warnock ????

Coz nobody has a crystal ball Davie and having just sacked one rookie manager (and two of the last 3 being rookies) there was probably little appetite for another. 

Getting someone experienced in til the summer to give them time to recruit someone decent was a reasonable idea at the time. 

On 4/20/2024 at 7:11 PM, don corleone said:

Aye, Leven deserves a lot of credit for the job he is doing. He has done a far better job than any of the so called managers we've had in the he last 3 years.

His general tactics, game management and team selection is far better than Warnock, Robson, Goodwin and Glass. 

I'm glad he's staying on board.

Half the battle is Leven believes in the players. 

Warnock never and made that abundantly clear. He kept blaming individual errors. Since he’s left we’ve conceded 2 goals in 5 league games. Funny these errors suddenly stopped happening as much as soon as he left the building. 

17 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Warnock never and made that abundantly clear. He kept blaming individual errors. Since he’s left we’ve conceded 2 goals in 5 league games. Funny these errors suddenly stopped happening as much as soon as he left the building. 

Yes, but “believing in the players” is equal to believing in Santa, the tooth fairy, God or whatever else if you’re not winning games. These players should have the wherewithal to be able to withstand a little pressure in the same way that there should be some team camaraderie and character in the dressing room. The best managers knows when to push and when to put an arm around a player. We haven’t had one of those in a long time…

With regard to the OP question, there’s some decent players there but there’s definitely some he needs to offload and bring in better players. Some will be off anyway and it’s about replacing them with better quality so as much as I’d like to see rid of a few players, (Hiya Shayden pal…) we’ll lose Barron, likely Miovski, possibly Duk, loanees and other contracts ending and hopefully get some new blood that are first team players that improve the squad and make the more bang average players up their game…

2 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

With regard to the OP question, there’s some decent players there but there’s definitely some he needs to offload and bring in better players. Some will be off anyway and it’s about replacing them with better quality so as much as I’d like to see rid of a few players, (Hiya Shayden pal…) we’ll lose Barron, likely Miovski, possibly Duk, loanees and other contracts ending and hopefully get some new blood that are first team players that improve the squad and make the more bang average players up their game…

Roos, Stewart, Gartenmann, Richardson, Barron, Duk, Miovski, Hayes. & Phillips will all likely be gone.

9 gone. 

Obviously some won’t be missed or need replaced. 
But there will be plenty money in fees, and plenty wages saved in order to rebuild. 

Interesting summer to see who JT brings in. 
Possibly a couple from the Swedish league, outwith the scouting done by our HoR too? 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Roos, Stewart, Gartenmann, Richardson, Barron, Duk, Miovski, Hayes. & Phillips will all likely be gone.

9 gone. 

But there will be plenty money in fees, and plenty wages saved in order to rebuild. 

Possibly a couple from the Swedish league, outwith the scouting done by our HoR too? 

Burrows interview worried me slightly. Insinuated that we were close to some signings who wanted to know who the manager was going to be. Here’s hoping nothing is agreed until Jimmy is in and ok’s them or not. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

9 gone. 

Mostly no great loss there. It will be fascinating to see who JT brings in. And if there’s any Ferguson money to add to that transfer chest it could be good times on the Thelin Train… 

17 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Burrows interview worried me slightly. Insinuated that we were close to some signings who wanted to know who the manager was going to be. Here’s hoping nothing is agreed until Jimmy is in and ok’s them or not. 

Aye, I found that odd.

As a club, even under the data driven, HoR new set up, we’ve always insisted the manager/Head Ciach has final say on players.

Sounds like we’ve scouted a few & have a few lined up that we’ve not yet ran past JT. 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

As soon as Warnock lined up with Morris as RWB v Motherwell I knew it wasn't going to end well. To have managed 1000 games and come up with that game plan beggars belief.

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

With Fergie’s injury I think we can forget about a £3m bonus this summer unfortunately.

Doubt Bologna would be selling him for £15 million regardless of the injury 

59 minutes ago, NEM said:

Doubt Bologna would be selling him for £15 million regardless of the injury 

Their captain and potentially may get them into a Champs league place ? £15 million is the least any self respecting club would be asking especially to the sort of clubs it’s speculated that are interested in him…

52 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We get 15% of any profit?  
Where’s the £15m coming from? 

20% of the entire sale is it not?

5 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

Their captain and potentially may get them into a Champs league place ? £15 million is the least any self respecting club would be asking especially to the sort of clubs it’s speculated that are interested in him…

Be closer to double that I'd imagine, that's my point.

12 minutes ago, slippers said:

Is there a timescale for his return? I still think he may follow motta this summer. Would be typical Aberdeen luck if he never reaches the heights again. 

Mentioned between 4 and 7 months. Op seems to have been a success and nothing untoward discovered 

Fergie being the consummate professional, I’d wager nearer 4 than 7. He’ll be laying off the booze and no doubt working on upper body stuff, in the meantime 

43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nae idea, last I remember it was 15% of the profit. 
These things are usually a % on profit as opposed to the fee.

The more the merrier. 

Regardless, we’re not getting it this summer. 

Aye it’s looking that way. Typical of our luck 

10 hours ago, DelMonte said:

The errors haven't stopped though have they?  Probably variance and we aren't getting as punished as we were at various times throughout the season.

9 hours ago, G31DON said:

As soon as Warnock lined up with Morris as RWB v Motherwell I knew it wasn't going to end well. To have managed 1000 games and come up with that game plan beggars belief.

Aye it's nae like the previous manager hadn't used him there a few times, wonder who will have told him he could possibly play that role.

10 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

That's because the managers havent had control of all the signings at Pittodrie in recent years despite noises to the contrary.