Keepers at penalties.

12 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

I see Craig Samson instructing the forwards more then he does Kelle Roos.

Surely during the week before a semi final he would work with Roos on penalties and perhaps study where most Celtic player put them.

Just a thought instead of diving out of the way of every penalty before it’s even been taken.

Of the players that took penalties for Celtic, how many had a history of penalties to study though?

Two maybe? 
Idah & Palma?  

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

LOL - You think you can control when you get cramp? 

Perhaps a fair point. However he could have hobbled off to the side and stretched, then delayed the next Celtic take.

not very often you see a goalie going down we cramp anyway? 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Of the players that took penalties for Celtic, how many had a history of penalties to study though?

Two maybe? 
Idah & Palma?  

Is O'Riley not their main penalty taker?

10 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Perhaps a fair point. However he could have hobbled off to the side and stretched, then delayed the next Celtic take.

not very often you see a goalie going down we cramp anyway? 

They’d still have stopped the game unless he managed to hobble off to where he’s supposed to go at the edge of the box, which with cramp, wouldn’t be likely.

Not really sure why Roos is getting the blame for Duncan missing though. You expecting him to stand up and make his way out of the box with cramp? 😂 Even then i’m convinced they would still delay the shootout

A professional footballer shouldn’t be missing the target from 12 yards

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Not really sure why Roos is getting the blame for Duncan missing though. You expecting him to stand up and make his way out of the box with cramp? 😂 Even then i’m convinced they would still delay the shootout

A professional footballer shouldn’t be missing the target from 12 yards

He was unlucky. He hit the inside of the post and it was a decent strike.  Hardly a howler 

Players miss the target as they are aiming for small areas under pressure.   

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

LOL - You think you can control when you get cramp? 

How DID he have cramp though?

He's a keeper

I know it's daft, but if there was ever a player who throws games against his team, Roos is the one

Those shenanigans before Duncans penalty and the way he blooters the ball out of play so often looks genuinely deliberate

His technique is bloody bizarre

• Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was unlucky. He hit the inside of the post and it was a decent strike.  Hardly a howler 

Players miss the target as they are aiming for small areas under pressure.   

It's why you should just leather a penalty

As Wayne Rooney says, he he just hits it as hard as he can and doesn't know where its going, how can the keeper

Saying "you should hit the target" is stupid, of course a pro can hit the target but as you say, they aren't trying to hit the target,they're trying to hit a corner

Just bloody smash it in a controlled fashion

• Upvote 1
Just now, Singapore Steve said:

Theo said that for the 1990 cup final, he went left for a left footer and right for a right footer.   Worked for him that day. 

As a left footer and out of my 30 odd penalties taken over the years, I guesstimate 20 went left and 10 down the middle (blasters).

Left footers 75% of the time when picking a corner will go left.

Right footers are a mixed bag.

Strange in reality.

39 minutes ago, Roberto said:

As a left footer and out of my 30 odd penalties taken over the years, I guesstimate 20 went left and 10 down the middle (blasters).

Left footers 75% of the time when picking a corner will go left.

Right footers are a mixed bag.

Strange in reality.

How many did you miss?

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

How DID he have cramp though?

He's a keeper

I know it's daft, but if there was ever a player who throws games against his team, Roos is the one

Those shenanigans before Duncans penalty and the way he blooters the ball out of play so often looks genuinely deliberate

His technique is bloody bizarre

No idea how a keeper gets cramp, but it’s not something you have control over was my point. 

37 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You don’t seriously think he lay down deliberately to put off Ryan Duncan do you? 

As I said, IF there was ever a player who does stuff to the detriment of his own team, Kelle Roos is that player

Surely its physically impossible for a goalkeeper to get cramp

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You don’t seriously think he lay down deliberately to put off Ryan Duncan do you? 

No I seriously think he done it because he's mentally retarded. I don't think he's right, nae the full shilling so to speak. I've thought that for some time now. I'll be glad to see the back of this dullard, my most detested dons player for quite some time.

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

There’s already a thread for whining about Roos 🤷🏻‍♂️

However this one is turning into gold tbh. Fat bald men explaining their penalty taking and saving techniques like it’s in anyway comparable 🤣

I'm nae bald. Salt and pepper lego manny hair doo I'd accept, nae bald though. Bastard 😀

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

What's is the hat view on the keepers tactics at penalties especially  shoot outs.

Pick a direction and dive .

Or wait until kicked then dive 

I'm always  the latter,  in every  shoot out at least one us put straight  down the middle, so keeper can just let it hit then.

Also the only place the kicker can put it and know the keeper  won't get it is high into a corner, I've yet to see one saved  going there.

Research.

I will be absolutely furious if it comes out that there's no rolling data collection, at least domestically ffs, on penalty takers that gets relayed to the goalkeeper pre shoutout. 

8 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

In every  shoot out at least one from each side is straight  down the middle  just stand and wait

so if the keeper doesn't move on the first one is the guy taking the second one think aye ill just smash this down the middle ? nope