A really poor game turned on its head by the sending off. It looked soft to me from the RDS and even the crowd in the SS didn’t seem to get that excited about the challenge. 
After that we should have scored 5 or 6, but our finishing/decision making was Inverdee standard. 
But (and I know mathematically we are not safe of 11th) we are staying up after a shitshow of a season. 
Fairly incredible our defence now seems better than it has been for ages (maybe no coincidence MacDonald has returned). 

Have a drink and a great weekend abidy. 

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

A really poor game turned on its head by the sending off. It looked soft to me from the RDS and even the crowd in the SS didn’t seem to get that excited about the challenge. 
After that we should have scored 5 or 6, but our finishing/decision making was Inverdee standard. 
But (and I know mathematically we are not safe of 11th) we are staying up after a shitshow of a season. 
Fairly incredible our defence now seems better than it has been for ages (maybe no coincidence MacDonald has returned). 

We'd have looked a lot better with Ruby cracking heads in the middle of defence.

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Although I found the wimins team manager quite insightful for the first 5 minutes I found him a bit of a boring Clint after that. If he's that knowledgable about fitba fit's he doing in the wifies game? Better than John McMaster and Stevie Cowan right enough.

Aye McMaster a fine footballer, Steve Cowan ,Fergie,s babysitter . Both absolutely horrendous on Coms 😩

26 minutes ago, RDS said:

They play each other once out of 4 games so to help you understand here goes one permutation where we finish in play off in 11th.

1. We lose 4 games

2. Ross County win all 4 games and add 12 points

3. St Johnstone lose to County but win other 3 so get 9 points

4. Motherwell beat Livi or Hibs and add minimum 3 points

5. Hibs don't have to win a game as already above us but would get 3 by beating us per point 1

Very unlikely but it can happen

Good jousting.

(We're safe.)

Have a good weekend!

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

MacDonald has definitely made a difference. 

His casual passing out of defence when under no pressure at all is the frustrating part of his game though. 3 times today 

17 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Nae sure it was that poor.At least we tried to play fitba and didna just lump it in the direction of Miovski and hope for the best.

27 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

At the game, I didn’t think it was a straight red. Fully expected VAR to downgrade it to a yellow.

Will see it later on the telly which might give me a different perspective 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

What do you mean?

When he misses a chance I get annoyed, yeah, so what?

He's supposed to be a 10m player but 10m players don't miss those chances 

Of course they do, Darwin Nunez was bought for £65 million and he misses them regularly 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

At the game, I didn’t think it was a straight red. Fully expected VAR to downgrade it to a yellow.

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye looked accidental at the game 

Most tackles are accidental that doesn’t make them not red cards. Mackenzie pretty much got studs to the cock while standing up so it’s a red card. I bet if Motherwell appealed it they would lose 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye looked accidental at the game 

It’s always going to look worse when the recipient of the tackle gets caught in the testicles/lower stomach. 

A game that could have went either way before the sending off but we’ve lost plenty of those this season 

Just now, thurso said:

Most tackles are accidental that doesn’t make them not red cards. Mackenzie pretty much got studs to the cock while standing up so it’s a red card. I bet if Motherwell appealed it they would lose 

No problem with it being red. 

It was fortuitous rather than malicious though. Nae even sure the boy knew Mackenzie was there 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Looked like a stick on red to me.

Accidental or not you can’t go studs up into someone’s crown jewels

• Upvote 1
Just now, Geoff_Tipps said:

Flashes of the Clarkson of old today. Defence so much more solid with MacDonald and Gartermann in the middle. Although not sure either are the answer for next season. 

Probably room for improvement in central defence although whether that will happen this summer, don’t know. £400k for Garters? Can do better, I think 

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Probably room for improvement in central defence although whether that will happen this summer, don’t know. £400k for Garters? Can do better, I think 

Wouldn't be upset if we had an entirely new back 4 next season tbh. Some of the current lot can hang about as cover if they want 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He's out of contract, then again I wouldn't put it past some of the idiots at the club paying money for a player who is available for free.

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Don't know why people are saying season over. We're only 8 points ahead of 2nd bottom with 4 games to go. 

Exactly my thoughts.  We need 7 points from 4 games to be sure. I'm confident Leven will see us through this, but job's still not done.

22 minutes ago, minijc said:

He's out of contract, then again I wouldn't put it past some of the idiots at the club paying money for a player who is available for free.

Eh? You sure? I thought it was a loan with a fee to make it permanent already agreed, if both parties are happy etc.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Eh? You sure? I thought it was a loan with a fee to make permanent already agreed, if both parties are happy etc.

There was no mention of an option to buy with a ‘fixed fee’ in the club statement if I remember correctly.

His contract expires in June 2025 as well.

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

Haha soft?

Granted it wasn't intentional but he nearly booted right through mackenzies belly

It was a definite red, definition of dangerous play 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, sandypom said:

Exactly my thoughts.  We need 7 points from 4 games to be sure. I'm confident Leven will see us through this, but job's still not done.

No we don’t.  All we need to do is beat St Johnstone next week and they cannot finish above us.