Sokler had a bit of a mare but he always seems to get chances when he comes not sure if its because of him or just by chance. Maybe with a bit more experience if he will get a bit more clinical?

He seems to have so much going for him too which makes it more annoying! 

To me the red card was one of those you can respect the referees views on. If he had given a yellow I'd have understood it and can see why he felt it was red. Kettlewell seems to be spouting off heaps at the moment. Starting to lessen the affected what he says  now

Are we living in reverse world or something? Kettlewell and the Sportsscene pundits saying it shouldn't have been a red and if anything McKenzie should have been booked? What? 

It's not just red tinted specs here is it? That was a stupid challenge by that boy with the foot up like that and in today's game you're not getting away with it. 

Don't get it.

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Great day out excellent 2nd half plenty drinks before & after. And now im paying for it 

I woke up, and thought I would pay for it.
In reality, I knew I wouldn't.

3 litre* box of wine in fridge.

Any threatening hangover never had a chance.

* some ithers in ootside fridges also...

:trophy:

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

Are we living in reverse world or something? Kettlewell and the Sportsscene pundits saying it shouldn't have been a red and if anything McKenzie should have been booked? What? 

It's not just red tinted specs here is it? That was a stupid challenge by that boy with the foot up like that and in today's game you're not getting away with it. 

Don't get it.

Just watched it again on Sportscene as I hadn’t seen the challenge.

It doesn’t matter that the Motherwell player “gets the ball”, is “a good lad” or it “wasn’t his intent”.

He flies into McKenzie with studs-up into his torso, endangering his opponent and is serious foul play ergo is a red card offence. Where in the rules does it say that if the offending player touches the ball in any way it doesn’t count? 

The suggestion from Kettlewell that McKenzie “had no right to go for the ball”  and that McKenzie “steamrollers into him” is revisionist pish from a bitter wank of a manager as well.

Commentators and pundits on Sportsound were all convinced it was a red.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Just watched it again on Sportscene as I hadn’t seen the challenge.

It doesn’t matter that the Motherwell player “gets the ball”, is “a good lad” or it “wasn’t his intent”.

He flies into McKenzie with studs-up into his torso, endangering his opponent and is serious foul play ergo is a red card offence. Where in the rules does it say that if the offending player touches the ball in any way it doesn’t count? 

The suggestion from Kettlewell that McKenzie “had no right to go for the ball”  and that McKenzie “steamrollers into him” is revisionist pish from a bitter wank of a manager as well.

Commentators and pundits on Sportsound were all convinced it was a red.

He doesn't fly into Mackenzie, he's clearly playing the ball and shows good technical ability.  There's no malicious intent whatsoever. 

But he catches Mackenzie high in the follow through and that's a red card these days so he can have no complaints, he was unlucky but that's how it goes. 

• Upvote 4
54 minutes ago, Turra red said:

Sokler had a bit of a mare but he always seems to get chances when he comes not sure if its because of him or just by chance. Maybe with a bit more experience if he will get a bit more clinical?

He seems to have so much going for him too which makes it more annoying! 

He does make decent runs, and gets in good positions.

The debate it seems is whether or not to give the guy a run of games.You’d hope/expect that with more game time he’d relax a little more in those positions and be a bit more clinical.

His run and finish (and the ball from Polvara ) were excellent in the home game against Frankfurt.

There’s a player there for sure imo, but I think we’ll only know for sure if he gets a decent run in the side.

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He doesn't fly into Mackenzie, he's clearly playing the ball and shows good technical ability.  There's no malicious intent whatsoever. 

But he catches Mackenzie high in the follow through and that's a red card these days so he can have no complaints, he was unlucky but that's how it goes. 

One of those you'd file under "I dont care what the rules are, thats a booking."  Content its a foul.  Unquestionably a booking.  Quite understand why its a modern day red.  Kettlewell, McCann and that lover of the physical side of the game Lee Miller can do one.

Seem to remember Rob Milsom getting assaulted a few yards away and I dont think the evil wee hun shite even got booked.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Don't get it.

Who said mackenzie should have been booked?

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

One of those you'd file under "I dont care what the rules are, thats a booking."  Content its a foul.  Unquestionably a booking.  Quite understand why its a modern day red.  Kettlewell, McCann and that lover of the physical side of the game Lee Miller can do one.

Seem to remember Rob Milsom getting assaulted a few yards away and I dont think the evil wee hun shite even got booked.

I'm pretty sure Naismith fucked his ACL making that "challenge" tbf, so I doubt a booking would've made much difference. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I was at the game and there was definitely something suss.  Would have been a second booking maybe?  Cant be arsed checking tbh.

Can't mind. Should've been a straight red. 

Both players went off for treatment. Naismith walked about 30 yards and collapsed after coming back on. Milsom never returned and was out for weeks with a gash on his ankle. 

Pretty sure that cunt Lafferty came on as a sub and scored the winner. 

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Dont recall somebody saying he should have been booked (but Kettlewell was sounding off) but apparently Jack "steaming in" to what appeared to me to be his ball is what caused the problem.

Yeah, nobody said he should have been

Someone further up with just a classic example of the keech spouted on here 

• Dildo 1

The debate with regards to the challenge is fucking annoying. Neil mccann piping up that the Motherwell player wins the ball and it's the follow through and not a red. Didn't mccann say shinnies at ross county was a red card? It's the exact same fucking concept though - winning the ball and the follow through. 

For what it's worth, I don't think either should be given as red cards and the sfa are in a dangerous place telling referees to give them.

If the ref hadn’t even given a foul I wouldn’t have been up in arms about it.  The Motherwell lad was clearly focussed only on getting the ball and he got there first. I’m pretty sure he didn’t know exactly where McKenzie was, or how he was going in about to try to win the ball.

Just two committed players going for the ball.

Difference with challenges like Shinnie’s at Ross County is that he knew exactly where the opponent was and that he would almost inevitably follow through in to him with some considerable force even if he won the ball.

19 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yeah I still remember that horrendous  foul on Milsom as I was only a few yards away.Think Naismith even injured himself committing the foul.Should have got maybe 6 reds for that assault.

2 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Yeah I still remember that horrendous  foul on Milsom as I was only a few yards away.Think Naismith even injured himself committing the foul.Should have got maybe 6 reds for that assault.

Fucked his knee ligaments and was out for about 6 months if I recall?  Good enough for the hun cunt