1 minute ago, sandypom said:

😁  I've been corrected so thanks to all concerned.  Just goes to show IPA and maths don't go together 🙂  However, in spite of my bad "counting"  I hope we can all agree the job's still not done. Cheers!

We should be thanking you for all the tax advice you gave to the deid club. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Ah my mistake, I thought it was this summer, we better not be buying him, surely someone better out there.

Ruby, Jensen, and Milne have all got another two years (2026)

MacDonald has one (2025)

The simple play would be to let Gartenmann return to his parent club and look to bring in a first pick CB to play alongside MacDonald or Ruby with the other two as back up.  Next year let MacDonald go and let the progress of Ruby and Milne dictate what level of CB we need to bring in.

• Upvote 4

Clearly the red helped and we should have scored at least a couple more but for me the most obvious sign of improvement lay in defence.

We look much much more assured whilst also taking more short passes out from the back which would have caused us heaps of issues earlier in the season.

Defending set pieces in the last few weeks we have also looks much better at clearing our lines which is a positive 

Duk ripped their left back to bits which was pleasant viewing and hoilett gives us a chance from attacking set pieces.

Ultras seemed to enjoy playing head tennis too!

Shout our to the man behind me who did a one man boo to stephen o'donnel when he went off before shouting "I fucking hate you o'donnel" just to make sure we were all aware of the direction of his booing!

6 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

MacDonald has one (2025)

The simple play would be to let Gartenmann return to his parent club and look to bring in a first pick CB to play alongside MacDonald or Ruby with the other two as back up.  Next year let MacDonald go and let the progress of Ruby and Milne dictate what level of CB we need to bring in.

I get what you are saying but none of us know if Milne is good enough to play CB or RB consistently, all for keeping him around and giving him a chance though.

10 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

MacDonald has one (2025)

Shame Milne isn’t a centre half

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

I get what you are saying but none of us know if Milne is good enough to play CB or RB consistently, all for keeping him around and giving him a chance though.

Milne is at that stage of a player's development we always seem to have trouble with.  Keep him in the first team next season where he'll at best be second choice RB to a player who is rarely unavailable or fifth choice CB, or send him on loan to a team at a decent level (Championship?) where he should get regular game time and more experience.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Our decision making & then execution of the final ball after they went down to 10 was so bad.

Hoilett’s pass to Miovski

Sokler being 1 on 1 with the goalie & somehow ending up with his back to goal 

Sokler’s mishit when Motherwell presented him an open goal.

There were one or two others. 

Complete lack of composure.

Still, today has ended any lingering worries about the play off spot.

Just get Thelin over, let him view the squad & let’s get the rebuild going. 

You missed miovskis miss from hoiletts ball too, for some reason 

• Dildo 1
43 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Aye we should’ve scored more with a couple of very decent chances, but we butchered them.Hoillett with a really poor pass for Mio, although for once Mio didn’t seem alive to it and should’ve been busting a gut to anticipate Hoillett playing him in and be in a much better position-was unlike him.

It was unlike first half of the season miovski, agreed

6 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

As in you don't think he can play there or that's not his position?  I thought he played as a CB in the youth teams after being converted from a CM?  The club website also have him down as a CB.

Not his position. Centre mid

30 minutes ago, sandypom said:

😁  I've been corrected so thanks to all concerned.  Just goes to show IPA and maths don't go together 🙂  However, in spite of my bad "counting"  I hope we can all agree the job's still not done. Cheers!

A light-hearted deflection shot by me.

Thank you for taking it well.

6 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I think Ruby has potential but he's a classic example of how much better some players can get when they're not available for selection.

Rubezic is good and will be even better in a competent team

12 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I think Ruby has potential but he's a classic example of how much better some players can get when they're not available for selection.

Aye, agree.

He is far too rash & coughs up chances, fouls, the occasional penalty all because he’s caught out of position trying to win every ball,

Maybe being alongside a calm, experienced defender would help him.

IMO, the jury is still out.

Love his attitude & he’s obviously loving being here, I just hope he realises you can’t attack every ball or win every tackle. 

22 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

4 clean sheets in our last 6 games. Not going to be easy for Ruby to get back in. 

Once we are officially safe (hopefully next weekend) he'll get games, hopefully alongside MacDonald so we can see whether they can be a decent pairing or not. 

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I don’t mean to be too critical but I thought Devlin was dreadful again today, second half of the season feel he has tailed off quite a bit, definitely one of a number of areas we can improve in 

If its true he's taking injections then just stop doing that and play Milne

I really like the look of milne anyway  give him gametime!

41 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, agree.

He is far too rash & coughs up chances, fouls, the occasional penalty all because he’s caught out of position trying to win every ball,

Maybe being alongside a calm, experienced defender would help him.

IMO, the jury is still out.

Love his attitude & he’s obviously loving being here, I just hope he realises you can’t attack every ball or win every tackle. 

Has the sort of attitude and abilities (or sometimes lack of ability) that could lead to cult status.

I expect he'll one day be the answer to the question "Which Dons player hospitalised three opposition players in a single challenge and received four red cards, one for each severed limb?"

It was a poor 1st half and only better when they went down to 10. Must admit first viewing from Section Y I thought the red was harsh and was going to get rescinded when VAR intervened but i have not seen it back. Big 3 points and we should have buried them with the late chances. Mon ih dons.