24 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Mental that many on here believe him to be a viable starting XI replacement for Miovski next season if he leaves in the summer.

The boy is fucking crap.

Composure on the ball seems to be the issue. 

Not sure if its because he's got a poor touch or he's anxious because he's trying too hard to impress when he gets his limited opportunities to play. Or maybe a combination of both. 

• Upvote 4
20 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Mental that many on here believe him to be a viable starting XI replacement for Miovski next season if he leaves in the summer.

The boy is fucking crap.

Not just me then 👍

11 hours ago, YorkDon said:

Aye we should’ve scored more with a couple of very decent chances, but we butchered them.Hoillett with a really poor pass for Mio, although for once Mio didn’t seem alive to it and should’ve been busting a gut to anticipate Hoillett playing him in and be in a much better position-was unlike him.

He nearly scored from an absolute abortion of a pass, his positioning was fine Hoillet 100% to blame there 

Is it just me or did the sportscene pundits get the sending off completely wrong?

They all seemed to think it wasn’t a red but it you watch the replay the Motherwell player isn’t in control when he flies in and he ends up with both feet of the ground by the time Mackenzie come in for the ball. It’s wreckless.

Kettlewells trying to blame Mackenzie is ridiculous, a player is allowed to move towards the ball and it’s not his problem if an opponent is flying about with his foot at waste height.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, NEM said:

He nearly scored from an absolute abortion of a pass, his positioning was fine Hoillet 100% to blame there 

Correct ….a fairly simple pass , but Hoilett made it almost a 50/50 between Miovski and the keeper. 

And then shat out of trying to get on the end of Miovski’s dink for fear of clattering in to the post.

• Upvote 1

An observation post yesterday's game.

We have now won 9 of 34 league matches. 

If you remove matches against Ross County and Motherwell from that statistic we've won 3 from 27 matches, a % rate of just over 10% in all other matches.

Regardless of Leven steadying things of late it is clear that Thelin has a job on his hands.

Fortunately I believe that he will be given time, as bettering our win rate shouldn't be too difficult should it???

31 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Is it just me or did the sportscene pundits get the sending off completely wrong?

They all seemed to think it wasn’t a red but it you watch the replay the Motherwell player isn’t in control when he flies in and he ends up with both feet of the ground by the time Mackenzie come in for the ball. It’s wreckless.

Kettlewells trying to blame Mackenzie is ridiculous, a player is allowed to move towards the ball and it’s not his problem if an opponent is flying about with his foot at waste height.

It's not reckless as that's what defines a caution, not a red card.  It's serious foul play as he endangers the opponent.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Millertime said:

You missed miovskis miss from hoiletts ball too, for some reason 

Your desperation to slag Miovski is tragic. He’d taken up a great position, let down by a terrible pass from Hoillet yet still almost managed to score. This latest bandwagon you’ve jumped on just reinforces how clueless you are.

Take a day off.

• Upvote 2
Just now, NEM said:

Your desperation to slag Miovski is tragic. He’d taken up a great position, let down by a terrible pass from Hoillet yet still almost managed to score. The latest bandwagon you’ve jumped on just reinforces how clueless you are.

Take a day off.

I'm telling your mum 

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

The Devlin at the start of the season was possible Player of the year material. The Devlin since the turn of the year is rank. Distribution and decision making is woeful. He went through a stage of costing us goals and has been shit ever since.

His form going coincided exactly with Warnock arriving. 
That first game with Warnock, Devlin looked nervous af, and Warnock left him out soon after. Hes not been the same since. 

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

If Jack Vale is my player then I'm raging at the red card. I think if that is the other way around then a great many of us would be disappointed to see our player sent off for that.

However he did endanger Jack Mackenzie with the high boot so taken literally it is a red for serious foul play.

The issue is that referees are taking the laws of the game far too literally and not reading the game properly. I'm not at all convinced Vale is doing anything other than going for the ball and for me a common sense decision would've been a yellow card. The standard of refereeing here is the poorest it has ever been and there is no excuse for it now we can check to get decisions right.

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

I'm not getting carried away

I'm just saying he as a young guy did well in Europe

And if devlin is taking injections and that explains why he's playing so shitely, then milne should play instead as he wouldn't be any worse and at least he would be getting much needed match experience 

There's literally zero arguing that

There is, because he didn't do really well in Europe, that's a stretch.

54 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

The Devlin at the start of the season was possible Player of the year material. The Devlin since the turn of the year is rank. Distribution and decision making is woeful. He went through a stage of costing us goals and has been shit ever since.

Devlin gave away the 2nd goal for Celtic in the 2nd game of the season. 

I don't disagree with your point that Devin was better in the first 4 months than the last 4, but he's always had a mistake in him. 

11 hours ago, JumboJET said:

Apparently Hoilett walked around the pitch post-match giving it✌️✌️ and chanting "four more years!" repeatedly. 

Either the man is a passionate Biden supporter or he is about to sign the rumoured four-year deal he has been offered?

Don’t get political, you may get a 24 hr site ban.    But  it’s probably if you mention the Scottish one that is currently but hopefully not in power this time next week, along with the mullah that’s in charge. 

It’s a yellow for me.  I get the endangerment point, foot is midriff high but there’s no apparent intent.

More pissed off with the pundits claiming McKenzie comes “steaming in.”  Get right to fuck with that.  He’s every right to be there, Well player has every right to try to control it / clear it.  Yellow.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

The boy is fucking crap.

I don’t think he is. Not sure it’s fair giving him 2 mins at the end of a game and expecting him to be razor sharp. I also think it’s easy to say he’s crap as he’s being compared directly to one of the best strikers we have had in decades.

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Composure on the ball seems to be the issue. 

Not sure if it’s because he's got a poor touch or he's anxious because he's trying too hard to impress when he gets his limited opportunities to play. Or maybe a combination of both. 

I think it’s the trying too hard part. He knows we will likely need a new starting striker next season and would rather it was him instead of us buying someone for it. It would be good to see him get more game time but it would mean benching Miovski which is highly unlikely.

2 hours ago, Helmet said:

There’s one replay view of it from the front which would have been the refs view and it’s a def red. I thought it was harsh originally but the replays show it was justified.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I don’t think he is. Not sure it’s fair giving him 2 mins at the end of a game and expecting him to be razor sharp. I also think it’s easy to say he’s crap as he’s being compared directly to one of the best strikers we have had in decades.

It's a good point I suppose.

My annoyance is sort of levelled at those who think he is adequate to replace Miovski in that CF role if he departs.

Crap maybe too harsh. Not very good from what I've seen thus far possibly a better fit.

I hope we don't have to find out.

39 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

If Jack Vale is my player then I'm raging at the red card. I think if that is the other way around then a great many of us would be disappointed to see our player sent off for that.

However he did endanger Jack Mackenzie with the high boot so taken literally it is a red for serious foul play.

The issue is that referees are taking the laws of the game far too literally and not reading the game properly. I'm not at all convinced Vale is doing anything other than going for the ball and for me a common sense decision would've been a yellow card. The standard of refereeing here is the poorest it has ever been and there is no excuse for it now we can check to get decisions right.

Fair enough I guess.

When I watched the replay back it looked to me like Vale is not just raising the high foot but is out of control and his standing foot was off the ground by the time he made contact.

2 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

It's a good point I suppose.

My annoyance is sort of levelled at those who think he is adequate to replace Miovski in that CF role if he departs.

Crap maybe too harsh. Not very good from what I've seen thus far possibly a better fit.

I hope we don't have to find out.

His best advantage if Miovski goes is more minutes I’d say. But we will definitely buy a new number 9

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I think 10 out 12 club players get sent off for that under current footballing conditions/standards. 20 years ago a Pat on the back and told better luck next time