Aberdeen 1 - 0 St Johnstone

22 minutes ago, Millertime said:

If that's true, great

Problem is it'll be nowhere near £10m which I was so hopefull it would be,  6 months ago

I don’t think it was ever going to be £10m. £7-8m more realistic given he’s playing in our league. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Some strange takes on today. Thought it was a decent performance.

At least we were creating and played some decent stuff at times.

Profligacy in front of goal meant it was always gonna be a nervous end to the game and at risk of conceding late to only take a point from the game.

1 hour ago, ferlaytio said:

Took you until May to realise this? He’s really bad. Polvara miles better. Everyone lauds Clarkson’s passing but Polvara’s is better. Add in that Polvara is better at every other aspect of football too.

Nah, I'm like a broken record. Keep repeating myself. Clarkson's decision making is horrendous. Punt.

17 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

We've been creating a lot more chances in the last few games since Warnock cleared off - and we were hardly creating anything under Robson. So he's probably had more chances to miss. Probably should be near 30 goals by now the chances he's had in recent weeks. 3 games left to get another 5... maybe still possible...

Now that we’re absolutely 100% safe, I’m not sure he’ll play all 3.

I think Leven will give Sokler a game somewhere in the 3. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

In terms of positives, defensively Gartenmann continues to look much more composed and confident since Leven took over. 

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that since Jensen’s been taken out the defence it’s improved massively

Genuinely thought we were only headed one way after leaving the St Mirren collapse but well done to Leven for turning it around.

Second in the form table (last six) so does make you wonder how we'd have got on if he was given it instead of Warnock. Irrelevant now though, can look ahead to next season.

Fine to be frustrated at Miovski because he's been wasteful of late, on the basis he's absolutely capable of putting some of these chances away. 

His form has dipped at the wrong time, as the vultures begin to circle, but they'll be seeing enough to persuade them there's massive value to be gained. 

We want the strongest possible bargaining position when the inevitable bids land in the summer. Goals will push that number higher. 

He's a rough diamond who will certainly go on to bigger things. 

Pleased we've steadied the ship after the Warnock debacle.

I'd say it's moreso because we're not giving away cheap goals as opposed to finding a winning formula up front. Still nowhere near it in the final third. 

Played well second half and should have had a couple more. 

Clarkson should have been off first rather than Barron. We lose control of the midfield when Barron comes off and Clarkson had a stinker today. 

Love Hoilett, nae legs but when he's on the ball we always look dangerous.  That wee flick to send Mackenzie away was a thing of beauty 

Nice to see the back of a shit season, hopefully see Rubi, Milne and Sokler get a few games now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Played well second half and should have had a couple more. 

Clarkson should have been off first rather than Barron. We lose control of the midfield when Barron comes off and Clarkson had a stinker today. 

Love Hoilett, nae legs but when he's on the ball we always look dangerous.  That wee flick to send Mackenzie away was a thing of beauty 

Nice to see the back of a shit season, hopefully see Rubi, Milne and Sokler get a few games now. 

Has to start till the end of the season, just so we can get some idea if he's good enough or not. 

Bit of a laboured first half, with only the occasional good link up play showing any promise.

Second half started excellently but wasted too many chances.  Was sheer relief when we scored the pen.  I hoped Miovski would gain confidence from scoring it but his finishing was weak throughout.  He could/should easily have scored 5 today.

We don't make things easy for ourselves - when was the last time we had a 2 goal lead at home in the league?  Always seems to be nervy single goal victories, though at least we now seem better at seeing them out.

MOTM either Hoilett or Gartenmann. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Agreed on that - he always shows up in the big games, he's been great against those 2

Unfortunately there's 9 other teams in the league and it doesn't only last 18 or so games either 

18 or so games 🤣 so now your exaggeration stems back to game 18 where he went ‘down hill’ ffs 🤣

He has been on a goal every 2 games for majority of season & obviously tbat average has indeed tailed off latterly but certainly not since game 18.

his form (or actual goals) only really took a hit once Warnock came in, Robson was sacked. Miovski was only reason Robson held onto his job as long as he did ffs

7 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

Bit of a laboured first half, with only the occasional good link up play showing any promise.

Second half started excellently but wasted too many chances.  Was sheer relief when we scored the pen.  I hoped Miovski would gain confidence from scoring it but his finishing was weak throughout.  He could/should easily have scored 5 today.

We don't make things easy for ourselves - when was the last time we had a 2 goal lead at home in the league?  Always seems to be nervy single goal victories, though at least we now seem better at seeing them out.

MOTM either Hoilett or Gartenmann. 

Think it would’ve been County at home end of September time, mental