Taxi for Calderwood?

I've recently joined this afc chat site and since I have, I have seen you criticise every aspect of the club.

I think you should be banned from this site.

Nae Job

Nae Burd

Nae Pals

=Stoney

As opposed to banning someone who is just abusing folk rather than having an unpopular opinion?

The feelgood factor from getting to cup final is huge for the club

Absolutely.

However getting to a cup final (winning 4 games) is a damn sight easier than a top 4 finish. Getting to a cup final doesn't make Ebbe a better manager than Jimmy Calderwood. In fact whether he is or not in neither here nor there. The Ebbe v JC debate is pointless, but the whole "JC's tactics are mince" argument doesn't stand up when you have the players who are capable enough to make a difference but simply aren't performing to the level expected of them. Aberdeen FC simply aren't consistent enough.

JC was probably to blame for the tactics in the Easter Rd replay in January I'll give you that, but not for the players failing to score against a third division amateur team.

So you would swap assured UEFA Cup football in order for us to get embaressed...twice ?

If we made 2 cup finals against the old firm then we would qualify for Europe anyway. And who is to say we might not win these finals?

Have a look for the football team from Dunfermline on Google and see how good a feelgood factor they had.

The same Dunfermline that overspent Hearts style then had to get rid of most of their team as they could no longer afford them? The same Dunfermline that JC left as he was getting no more money to spend?

Were you actually old enought to remember how bad the club was under Ebbe ?

Yes - was only late 20s then though!!

Clearly missed the whole point. It was proven that in last 15 years we have been more successful than JC has been, even winning a trophy.

Opinion which seems split right down middle hence this massive thread.

Resorting to getting personal now? Sorry i aint a real fan like you cause i don't agree with you. Now dry yer eyes!!

Proven?

Oh aye, we won the League Cup 12 years ago.

Absolutely.

However getting to a cup final (winning 4 games) is a damn sight easier than a top 4 finish. Getting to a cup final doesn't make Ebbe a better manager than Jimmy Calderwood. In fact whether he is or not in neither here nor there. The Ebbe v JC debate is pointless, but the whole "JC's tactics are mince" argument doesn't stand up when you have the players who are capable enough to make a difference but simply aren't performing to the level expected of them. Aberdeen FC simply aren't consistent enough.

JC was probably to blame for the tactics in the Easter Rd replay in January I'll give you that, but not for the players failing to score against a third division amateur team.

As far as i can see only 1 person is arguing about Ebbe being great and that was about 2 pages after the orignal debate started about most "success" in 15 years.

But winning a cup is only winning 5 games and maybe not even facing a premier team until the final. But you can't say that winning a cup is less successful than 3rd place in the league.

If we made 2 cup finals against the old firm then we would qualify for Europe anyway. And who is to say we might not win these finals?

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

You said you would rather have us go to Hampden and get pumped. You cant start pulling this We might win stuff out of thin air. :thumbup1:

• Site Sponsor
SO THE FACTS ARE:

WE WOULD HAVE WON BECAUSE WE HAD MORE SUPPORTERS?

:appl:

Himmin, dinna make yourself look even dafter.

We would have won because we were better than the first division teams we would have played.

As for having more supporters, would it not have helped?

As far as i can see only 1 person is arguing about Ebbe being great and that was about 2 pages after the orignal debate started about most "success" in 15 years.

But winning a cup is only winning 5 games and maybe not even facing a premier team until the final. But you can't say that winning a cup is less successful than 3rd place in the league.

I can and will.

Proven?

Oh aye, we won the League Cup 12 years ago.

Pretty sure you're just spam stirring now if you think that finishing 3rd in the league is more successful than winning the League Cup, finishing 3rd in the league and gettig to Scottish Cup semi finals in 95/96?

• Site Sponsor
Yeah, we finished last place min.

Let's defend Ebbe's last place and critisize Calderwood.

:thumbup1:

Didn't see where I defended Ebbe. Simply corrected the statement that we would have been relegated. We would not. We would have been into a play off.

Anyway, Ebbe is not the manager, JC is. Both not good enough.

Pretty sure you're just spam stirring now if you think that finishing 3rd in the league is more successful than winning the League Cup, finishing 3rd in the league and gettig to Scottish Cup semi finals in 95/96?

No I wouldn't call it better I would call them comparable.

Guest Stoney
BUS TRIPS TO HAMPDEN TO WATCH YOUR TEAM GET HUMPED.

YOU MISS THAT?

I WAS AT THOSE GAMES AND CAN'T REMEMBER A SINGLE SOUL EXPECTING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A FEW BEERS IN THE SUN. THAT'S WHY WE WERE ALL DOING THE CONGA UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS ABOUT 20 MINUTES INTO THE GAME AND HAD OUR STRIKER IN GOALS.

WE WERE A JOKE CLUB THEN AND EVEN OUR FANS THOUGHT SO.

Is that not what we are here for?

We arnt expected to win them but gettting there to at least try is the main thing.

We still are a joke club we got beat by queens park - QUEENS f*cking PARK

Guest Stoney
The club was an utter shambles when Jimmy took over actually. Now he's sorted that and still we have numpties in the Dons support deriding him.

BTW for yous that are painfully and pathetically holding up two cup finals under Ebbe against what Jimmy has acheived wise the hell up - we were a laughing stock that whole season and it ended with total humiliation at Hampden. You would rather swap 2 cup final pumpings for what we got last year?

What exactly did we get last year??????

f*ck ALL AGAIN

We got a 'cup final' at Pittodrie in May. We beat our greatest rivals in front of a sell-out crowd who were responsible for one of the best atmospheres at Pittodrie in recent times! We won the game with 2 fantastic goals (one of which would have been our goal of the season, if the club had remembered that they 2 more games to play before they opened the vote...), and should have arguably scored more!

A proper cup final would be great fun, but it kind of pisses on our recent achievements to concentrate on that right now.

On the other hand though, I do agree that the club/management/team still has it's Dons-ish tendency to piss away any high spirits amongst the support. Think a new manager will be inevitable in the next few years, but only if Jimmy gets his dream move to Ibrox. Hopefully it'll be later rather than sooner, as there really aren't that many affordable options at present.

Guest Stoney
I've recently joined this afc chat site and since I have, I have seen you criticise every aspect of the club with your stupid, pointless comments. Skovdahl was a drunk, he almost had us relegated, we won nothing.

You just cannot compare Calderwood to Skovdahl.

I think you should be banned from this site.

I think you should f*ck off - off my site, if it wasnt for me the plug would have been pulled on AFC HAT so show some respect :thumbup1:

No I wouldn't call it better I would call them comparable.

I can compare them aswell

95/96 3rd in league, Scottish Cup Semi Final, League Cup winners, Euro qualification

06/07 3rd in league, Scottish Cup out at first hurdle, out in 2nd round to biggest embarressment in clubs history to part time Queens Park at a neutral ground, Euro qualification

One is ok and the other is success.

Guest Stoney
You obviously are not old enough to remember how much of an embaressment we were under Ebbe then.

We got beat from Queens Park but then still made 3rd in the league

Was it any more depressing to watch then our last two games?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooope

Guest Stoney
Would you swap our season for that of Hibs, who won a cup, but finished 6th and didn't get queopean qualification?

I can see i'm not going to win with you here........lol

Your would rather - finish 3rd in a sh*t league and get one maybe two games in europe rather then achieving some success and winning a cup?

Strange supporter

Trophy or no Trophy

sorry trophy wins every time for me

Guest Stoney

95/96 3rd in league, Scottish Cup Semi Final, League Cup winners, Euro qualification

06/07 3rd in league, Scottish Cup out at first hurdle, out in 2nd round to biggest embarressment in clubs history to part time Queens Park at a neutral ground, Euro qualification

Bring back roy aitken :thumbup1:

Who could do a better job with AFC at this moment in time?

Is JC not working with 20% less wages than the previous managers had?

Ebbe probably had even more than that of a wage advantage than JC.

While I am sometimes baffled by his selections and formations, he has brought us stability and made us hard to beat (which none of the previous managers in the last 12 - 15 years could do).

We will have to get 3rd again this year I feel in order to maintain that stability.

A cup run would be nice, but it is the league where it counts and if we qualify for Europe again via the league I will be happy with our season.

I'm far happier being 3rd in the league than winning a League Cup. Winning a cup would be nice, but IMO it is league placings that count.

They are comparable, how did the manager do the next season?

If I'm honest I probably felt more satisfaction beating Rangers in May than I did beating Dundee in 1996. Trophy or no trophy.

Wouldn't say no to a cup run of course, just dont think we should under-estimate last seasons achievement.