Donald Trump golf course

OddJob

Guest TenementFunster
I am getting really fed up with all the objections to this idea from Environmentalists etc

Sorry but who gives a f*ck about animals and rare birds in this country when project will bring in MILLIONS of

Who would've thought that a golf course would be damaging to the environment? IT's made of grass, trees and sand FFS. If rare birds can't relocate to new trees nearby, then tough titties, they fail at survival of the fittest. It's not as if the land that the course is being built on is open to the public anyway.

• 3 months later...

From today's Evening Express

TRUMP CHOOSES 'WORLD'S BEST' TO DESIGN COURSE

Date : 08.09.07

American tycoon Donald Trump is teaming up with one of the country's top golf course architects.

The billionaire property developer wants to create the world's greatest course at Menie links, near Balmedie.

And he has recruited famed British golf course architect Dr Martin Hawtree, who has been involved in course designs for Open Championships, to help.

Mr Trump said: "Martin Hawtree brings a distinct vision and flair to every course he touches. His work is impeccable.

"He and I share such a passion for links golf and the tradition of the game is evident in the golf courses he designs.

"This piece of land is so special and my relationship with Scotland is so special, that I wanted to work with the world's best links course architect to deliver Trump International Golf Links, Scotland."

Aberdeenshire councillors will consider the

• 3 weeks later...

Reading yesterday that a pressure group has been setup to block these plans and then in todays EE another group has been started to back the plans.

I wish these NIMBY ***ks would wake up and smell the coffee, and realise that the North East cant afford to turn down this opportunity.Enough jibber jabber, get the plans approved and get building before the guy pulls the plug. It must be backed no matter what!

I think people who protest have no life what so ever. I wonder if they sit in their coffee club on a Sunday and plot what they can protest against next.

The course is magic for the NE, and good for my home town. If I fancy a wee game of golf, I only have to walk along the road. :crossfingers:.

If and when it's built. East Aberdeenshire R.I.P. - What a horrid course.

It's the same type of fungus faced bassas that complained about the Kingswells stadium thing and got their way. I wish these people would get a fecking grip and realise there is more to life than the lesser speckled four toed moss eating newt. Tree huging twats!! To spite them Im going to go out to my car and rev the engine while spraying cans of deoderant into the air.

Guest redbrigade
It's the same type of fungus faced bassas that complained about the Kingswells stadium thing and got their way. I wish these people would get a fecking grip and realise there is more to life than the lesser speckled four toed moss eating newt. Tree huging twats!! To spite them Im going to go out to my car and rev the engine while spraying cans of deoderant into the air.

What was the name of that cretin who lead the Kingswells protests again? Wouldn't surprise me if he's got involved in the Trump stuff as well.

Whilst I largely agree with the sentiments in this thread, I feel it's worth highlighting that the proposal is not just for two 18-hole golf courses but also for a 450 unit resort hotel, 36 golf villas, 950 holiday homes, accommodation for 400 staff, parking areas and two future residential development areas for 500 private houses. You can view the proposals here:

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/planning/a...o=APP/2006/4605

Check out the website 'Support Trump International Golf Links Scotland' if you want to support the plans etc.

Fits the web address for that Scarface? I'll be adding my name

Whilst I largely agree with the sentiments in this thread, I feel it's worth highlighting that the proposal is not just for two 18-hole golf courses but also for a 450 unit resort hotel, 36 golf villas, 950 holiday homes, accommodation for 400 staff, parking areas and two future residential development areas for 500 private houses.

I bet they'll be a lot more pleasing on the eye and fitting with their surroundings than the Soviet-esque monstrosities Stewarty Milne would be throwing up.

I can't understand why the locals are objecting, this would put their property values through the roof.

Whilst I largely agree with the sentiments in this thread, I feel it's worth highlighting that the proposal is not just for two 18-hole golf courses but also for a 450 unit resort hotel, 36 golf villas, 950 holiday homes, accommodation for 400 staff, parking areas and two future residential development areas for 500 private houses

Even better....boost the tourism to the area. Big boost to the economy too when there's daft yanks coming over paying silly money for a round of golf.

Now to make the airport bigger....

The small minded comments in this thread are making me anti-golf course even though I wasn't when I first. It will have an impact on the local ecology and "what damage could a golf course do" is put into perspective by the large hotel, 36 golf villas, 950 holiday homes, accommodation for 400 staff, parking areas and two future residential development areas for 500 private houses. This is a sh*t load of land being lost from a ecologically sensitive area which is rare not only in this country but also the world. The grass covering the rest of the site will provide a nice mono-culture which will support ***k all animals compared to what it does at the moment.

But who gives a ***k about our environment as long as we can have some rich yank and some of his fellow brain-dead country men coming over to spend their money.

The small minded comments in this thread are making me anti-golf course even though I wasn't when I first. It will have an impact on the local ecology and "what damage could a golf course do" is put into perspective by the large hotel, 36 golf villas, 950 holiday homes, accommodation for 400 staff, parking areas and two future residential development areas for 500 private houses. This is a sh*t load of land being lost from a ecologically sensitive area which is rare not only in this country but also the world. The grass covering the rest of the site will provide a nice mono-culture which will support ***k all animals compared to what it does at the moment.

But who gives a ***k about our environment as long as we can have some rich yank and some of his fellow brain-dead country men coming over to spend their money.

Shut up you Ecco Hippie.... :ThumbsDown:

:o

Far too much has been made of this issue in the media. There are literally tens of objections to these proposals, with the vast majority of NE people in favour of the developments. There are plans in place to conserve the local wildlife, plants and animals and while of course there will be an impact - the factors are being mitigated. It isn't as though Donald Trump and co have come along and said "***k yer grass and sand - we're tarring the lot".

I doubt many of the people who have objected to the proposals have even looked at the plans or been to the consultations.

It is only recently in the history of mankind that these NIMBY/environmentalist/protest types have come into existence - thankfully. If they were present at the start of civilisation we'd still be walking around naked throwing our own s h i t at each other instead of progressing and developing.

All I have to say to them is: "FFFFFFOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEE!"