Donald Trump golf course

OddJob

In my opinion this project just has to go ahead, Mizer, when was the last time you were along that bit of coast, its pretty much the same all the way from Aberedeen to Newburgh and if Trump builds a golf course there I would still suggest that the Sand Dunes will be there at some point. Perhaps I'm over-estimating the brain power of birds and the like but if there is a little bit of disruption to their lives then they will just sod off a couple of miles either north or south up the coast and find exactly the same habitat.

Put it this way, if a pidgeon roosts in a building in town and then it gets demolished it's not the end of the world for the pidgeon, it might even manage to find another building to roost in, you never know. Animals are resourceful things and will manage to get on with life if this development goes ahead.

As for the money and investment that this will bring into the North East economy and Aberdeen city itself I think that it goes beyond even what the numbers are suggesting, Oil put Aberdeen on the map 30 odd years ago and this will put the city back on the map again. Trump is talking up this course as a place to hold major championships and tour events, if a town as small as St Andrews can manage that then surely a city the size of Aberdeen and its surrounding area can also manage it. Now I know that things like this aren't going to come strraight away as the course will need time to bed in etc but its a possibility in the future.

The problem with Aberdeen and Aberdonians and especially their councillors is that we are starting to sound like the Yorkshire News on Soccer AM "Change, is not good". People up here seem way to happy to have Aberdeen as a small town rather than a busy city with people coming to visit it, I found myself when I was working at a city centre hotel struggling to tell people what to go and do in Aberdeen if they had a bit of spare time. St Machar Cathedral, Marschial College, Duthie Park, eh eh, eh, Pittodrie ? ? At the moment, people tend to come to the city only on business and then find themselves with ***k all to do, this would give them a proper reason to come to the North-East.

Oh and hopefully the 2nd course will be good and reasonably priced so that all of us have a sniff of getting a game.

***k it, I'm going to do my bit and get out there by pedalo - The sea is nature's commuter route.

Others will soon follow suit when they realise the effects taking their cars there will have on the environment.

I think you're on to something. Maybe you could ferry players to and from the Aberdeen beach. Just imagine the fun Tiger could have standing around looking hard at the punch bag machine in Codona's.

All the Greens will be clubbing together, ready to swing into action, teeing up some kind of protest. They have a fairway to go to persuade me though, I like the idea of turning this hole into a flagship golf facility. It wood be great if they could iron out their differences, slice through the red tape, draw up some plans and drive this through. I'm hooked on the idea.

Just thought I'd chip in with my opinions.

All the Greens will be clubbing together, ready to swing into action, teeing up some kind of protest. They have a fairway to go to persuade me though, I like the idea of turning this hole into a flagship golf facility. It wood be great if they could iron out their differences, slice through the red tape, draw up some plans and drive this through. I'm hooked on the idea.

Just thought I'd chip in with my opinions.

Be honest - how long did that take you? :poster_oops:

Guest TenementFunster
come on, this discussion is a bit rough and almost out of bounds. Perhaps its time to hit this on the top of the head before it spins out of control.

Balls.

In my opinion this project just has to go ahead, Mizer, when was the last time you were along that bit of coast, its pretty much the same all the way from Aberedeen to Newburgh and if Trump builds a golf course there I would still suggest that the Sand Dunes will be there at some point. Perhaps I'm over-estimating the brain power of birds and the like but if there is a little bit of disruption to their lives then they will just sod off a couple of miles either north or south up the coast and find exactly the same habitat.

Put it this way, if a pidgeon roosts in a building in town and then it gets demolished it's not the end of the world for the pidgeon, it might even manage to find another building to roost in, you never know. Animals are resourceful things and will manage to get on with life if this development goes ahead.

As for the money and investment that this will bring into the North East economy and Aberdeen city itself I think that it goes beyond even what the numbers are suggesting, Oil put Aberdeen on the map 30 odd years ago and this will put the city back on the map again. Trump is talking up this course as a place to hold major championships and tour events, if a town as small as St Andrews can manage that then surely a city the size of Aberdeen and its surrounding area can also manage it. Now I know that things like this aren't going to come strraight away as the course will need time to bed in etc but its a possibility in the future.

The problem with Aberdeen and Aberdonians and especially their councillors is that we are starting to sound like the Yorkshire News on Soccer AM "Change, is not good". People up here seem way to happy to have Aberdeen as a small town rather than a busy city with people coming to visit it, I found myself when I was working at a city centre hotel struggling to tell people what to go and do in Aberdeen if they had a bit of spare time. St Machar Cathedral, Marschial College, Duthie Park, eh eh, eh, Pittodrie ? ? At the moment, people tend to come to the city only on business and then find themselves with ***k all to do, this would give them a proper reason to come to the North-East.

Oh and hopefully the 2nd course will be good and reasonably priced so that all of us have a sniff of getting a game.

Great piece there 10men.

On a wholly related note, for all that Trump is a bit of a Bill Gates figure, he makes very few mistakes. Trump Tajmahal has

almost single handedly been responsible for the rejuvenation of Atlantic City, and completely changed the attitude and stagnating nature of the place. It's still in the shadow of Vegas, but it's a viable alternative for the eastern seaboarders now.

What's for sure, Aberdeen will never again find themselves facing such a gift horse ever again.

Great piece there 10men.

On a wholly related note, for all that Trump is a bit of a Bill Gates figure, he makes very few mistakes. Trump Tajmahal has

almost single handedly been responsible for the rejuvenation of Atlantic City, and completely changed the attitude and stagnating nature of the place. It's still in the shadow of Vegas, but it's a viable alternative for the eastern seaboarders now.

What's for sure, Aberdeen will never again find themselves facing such a gift horse ever again.

Hear hear

Guest redbrigade

I am seriouly worried this won't get approved by Aberdeenshire Council. The NIMBYS will get their way, and the NE of Scotland will look like a right bunch of fannies.

:angry11::laughing:

My dad went to the meeting with people that were against the project. The put the point across that its a lovely spot for people to sit and watch the birds, so on and so forth and its a lovely nature reserve. My dad put the question to them "are you local?" the reply was no, which he knew would be because he was a fat English tosser. My dad then asked "have you ever been along to sit at that 'nature reserve'?" The reply once again was no. No locals go there to sit and watch birds, and to be honest many locals wouldn't even know it was a ***kin nature reserve.

Many of the speakers against the golf course weren't local, and haven't seen their c**ks in at least 15 years. They were all fat English *******ds. They must just sit at home and plot what they can protest against next.

Seriously the place where the golf course is going to be is not a nature reserve at all. There is nothing to it, and many people from the village or outwith the village don't go and sit there.

It's a disgrace!!!!!

Good effort by your old man.

Im all for protecting the environment but this scheme needs to go ahead for the greater good of the North East region.

I am seriouly worried this won't get approved by Aberdeenshire Council. The NIMBYS will get their way, and the NE of Scotland will look like a right bunch of fannies.

:angry11:;)

That's unthinkable. Would be disasterous in terms of this scheme but also for any future investors that might look at the area. Common sense has got to prevail here surely.

• 1 month later...
What a laugh that website is.

Just a bunch of middle class NIMBY eco-goodie-goodies, most of them from Dibble-Tidworth-Upon-Thames who have simply joined to protest.

FFS there are even links to other protest groups so they can join up and protest about other things.

FUDS.

There was probably a bus load fae kingswells, mofos will object to things

for the fun of it.

The farm owner at the centre of all of this needs to accept what will be a HUGE payoff, go on his way, and enjoy his life. This way he stops being a selfish moron, and almost everyone is happy. Otherwise Trump should simply have someone bulldoze his property.

The farm owner at the centre of all of this needs to accept what will be a HUGE payoff, go on his way, and enjoy his life. This way he stops being a selfish moron, and almost everyone is happy. Otherwise Trump should simply have someone bulldoze his property.

Now that permission has been granted, he may be too late. on the whingers forum, they're saying that Trump will build around him, even if he doesn't I imagine the golden goose will be laying a much smaller egg now that he holds all the Aces. :ThumbsDown: