Donald Trump golf course

OddJob

• 2 weeks later...

Is it not the case only the resorts 'plans' have been rejected (i.e. the number of houses, hotel etc) and not the actually development? Trump could resubmit his ammended plans or appeal todays decision. No? Maybe i'm speaking bollocks and Aberdeen have infact just lost the biggest investment since the oil.

What an embarassment this is for the North East. Such a big decison should NOT have comne down to a few moronic, jumped up local councillors. I used to work for the council, and met a lot of the councillors who made their decison. The Buchan councillors are good, and voted for the golf course. Those who didn't however - morons. For this to come down to one councillor, Martin Ford, is a joke. Rejecting a golf course which would have attracted million of

I see that the leader of the Shire council, Anne Robertson, has called an urgent meeting to try and get this overturned.

Also, one of the councillors who voted aginst Trump, Debra Storr, has contacted the police after being 'attacked' outside her home. She was pushed and sworn at.

Great to see that the seven morons are going to be ultimately undermined. Kinda shows that they were not capable of making this decision in the first place.

She's an attention seeking waste of oxygen.

And not from around these parts by the sounds of it!! Nor was that tree hugging hippy on North Tonight the other night - you know - the main protaganist, in the same vein as Mike "NIMBY" Dunbar. Funny how most folk who are against these plans seem to be from outwith Aberdeen area.

Guest glasgowdon

A very small minded, parochial and all round stupid decision.

"Wer nae huvin Americun big shots here."

This could have been the new oil so to speak.

What an absolutely disgraceful decision it was to reject this project. It has sent a message to the world that the North East is not open to big business. :laughing:

Today's P&J has suggested emailing the Aberdeenshire Councillors (firstname.lastname@aberdeenshire.gov.uk) or alternatively by emailing the leader of the City Council (KDean@aberdeencity.gov.uk).

I see that the leader of the Shire council, Anne Robertson, has called an urgent meeting to try and get this overturned.

Also, one of the councillors who voted aginst Trump, Debra Storr, has contacted the police after being 'attacked' outside her home. She was pushed and sworn at.

Great to see that the seven morons are going to be ultimately undermined. Kinda shows that they were not capable of making this decision in the first place.

I have no sympathy for her.

If she is so far removed from reality and does not realise that the majority of Aberdeen wanted this to go ahead then she shouldnt be in that job.

Hopefully this will get people off their arses to vote these cretins out at the next election.
Full list of Aberdeenshire councillors, for anyone who wants to email them all en-masse you can cut and paste

cllr.w.agnew@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.p.bellarby@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.g.clark@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.sullivan@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.h.al-kowarri@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.grant@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.s.lonchay@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.j.allan@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.cullen@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.r.mckail@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.g.saluja@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.m.allan@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.buchan@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.f.mcrae@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.r.thomas@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.p.argyle@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.humphrey@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.b.luffman@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.bews@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.p.melling@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.i.mollison@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.c.nelson@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.burnett@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.j.duncan@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.s.mair@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.g.carr@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.j.d*ck@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.t.fleming@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.w.howatson@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.p.chapman@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.howie@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.n.smith@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.s.stronach@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.k.clark@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.l.clark@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.j.webster@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.s.coull@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.s.pratt@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.s.smith@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.r.cowling@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.kitts-hayes@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.raeburn@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.b.stuart@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.j.cox@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.i.gray@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.j.mair@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.n.cullinane@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.ford@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.f.hood@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.i.davidson@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.r.merson@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.g.owen@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.d.storr@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.duncan@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.norrie@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.robertson@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.j.gifford@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.hendry@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.p.johnston@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.j.loveday@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.ingleby@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.ross@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.j.strathdee@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.r.stroud@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.a.ritchie@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.i.tait@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.b.topping@aberdeenshire.gov.uk; cllr.m.watt@aberdeenshire.gov.uk

Fatshaft - only seven of those councillors voted against Trump, so a bit unfair to slate them all at the same time maybe.

This little bit below is taken from the Times, quite interesting. Times article here

It shows the differences between Trump and Martin Ford, the guy who had the casting vote and said no. Seems to me that he voted no based on his own environmental views - not the overwhelming views of the people who elected him. The man is a disgrace, as are the others who voted no.

The tycoon

Trump one of the world

Fatshaft - only seven of those councillors voted against Trump, so a bit unfair to slate them all at the same time maybe.

True amp, but in my case I've emailed them all the same so that they are aware of just that fact. Also - collective resposibility. The committee making this deciosn is representative of the council, if all of the rest are pro-Trump (clearly they won't all be) then they need to get their heads out of their asses and do something about it.