Donald Trump golf course

OddJob

Guest LondonScottish
as the general mob seems to be young sporting people who want a golf course they wont even see for armed guards....

What are these armed guards going to armed with? :dontknow:

some really informed viewpoints here...

shoulld change this from a discussion board to an agreement board, and ban anyone who disagrees with anything...

after trying to take the piss with your "jokes"

dont give up the day job Chubbies

Ah, like your "toffs", "crazy golf" & "Las VEgas hotels" comments, all of which are nonsensical?

some of my comments are tongue in cheek

while some of the replys to my comments have just been crass bullsh*t... mob mentality

besides, your from Echt and stay in warrington, you never even came from Aberdeen, from 20 miles away... so whats it got to do with you anyway, other than an excuse for an argument?

I have a vested interest in this thus my comments, whats your story?

For instance, instead of your stock post of "the boy said <insert> what a fkin d*ck"

perhaps you could put your thought on how they plan to police the course from Northfield crackheads looking to mug these rich americans you love so much... if you have actually thought about the whole thing that is.

Many of the people opposed to the development are not from the Balmedie area either, So whats it got to do with them ?

Interestingly, The public meeting that was held before the council vote, Only one person born and bred Balmedie area opposed the development, While the rest were white settlers from other parts of the UK. Even the farmer who has stated in the press he will not move did not bother to turn up.

The vast majority of the locals that night were in favour of it.

everyone has the right to comment... im not saying the boy shouldnt have his say

just that those who are opposing have a right to speak without being ridiculed...

It goes like this... anyone who is opposed is either a swampy, a tree hugger, a filthy greenie a fascist, a rapist and a pedo and should be hung drawn and quartered.

the thinking is "its only a bit of waste ground I never go to anyways, and someone said we would all get filthy rich and Aberdeen would become and international centre of cultural excellence... so Im all for it."

Dont really see anyone seeing between the lines or even thinking critically about the issue. Just a mob of "approvers" shouting down the opposed.

Having sadi that I have voiced opinion on here that has been leftfield, and been ridiculed and shouted down for no apparent reason, other than to appease the baying masses..

frigg the golf course, lets build a colloseum, and we can feed greenies to lions. :hysterical:

while some of the replys to my comments have just been crass bullsh*t... mob mentality

besides, your from Echt and stay in warrington, you never even came from Aberdeen, from 20 miles away... so whats it got to do with you anyway, other than an excuse for an argument?

For instance, instead of your stock post of "the boy said <insert> what a fkin d*ck"

perhaps you could put your thought on how they plan to police the course from Northfield crackheads looking to mug these rich americans you love so much... if you have actually thought about the whole thing that is.

What absolute tripe.

Guest glasgowdon
everyone has the right to comment... im not saying the boy shouldnt have his say

just that those who are opposing have a right to speak without being ridiculed...

It goes like this... anyone who is opposed is either a swampy, a tree hugger, a filthy greenie a fascist, a rapist and a pedo and should be hung drawn and quartered.

the thinking is "its only a bit of waste ground I never go to anyways, and someone said we would all get filthy rich and Aberdeen would become and international centre of cultural excellence... so Im all for it."

Dont really see anyone seeing between the lines or even thinking critically about the issue. Just a mob of "approvers" shouting down the opposed.

Having sadi that I have voiced opinion on here that has been leftfield, and been ridiculed and shouted down for no apparent reason, other than to appease the baying masses..

frigg the golf course, lets build a colloseum, and we can feed greenies to lions. :thumbup1:

What a chump.

Guest LondonScottish

What are these "toffs" going to bring to the area? Surely they play and stay within the complex of Trumps course. What new jobs are going to be created? Will it definitely lead to improvements in Aberdeen airport? Why do all those extra houses have to be built, couldn't some compromise be reached? Does the hotel have to have so many floors?

And also does this not now mean that any SSSI is now in danger if being over-run if enough money is thrown at it? Developers all over Scotland must be rubbing their hands with all the new posible building sites they couldn't previously get bear before.

There's two sides to every argument........

theres no reason this couldnt have been a really good development.... there could have been a really subtle building, low profile and unobtrusive... from the plans ive seen the hotel will blot out the sun, and is totally out of character, and the appartment block is twice the size 900 rooms or something... yet trump wants this and he is not negotiating, instead Salmond steps in and over-rules an established system of planning...

your right this will create legal chaos all over scotland... now a council has no real power to stop development, and can be over ruled by the political party in power.

any profits made from the course will got to Trump in america, all jobs created are like low service jobs... I hear there is a job lined up for Glasgowdon when he flunks his uni... ballwasher.

So good points theer LS and yes, it's all got to be taken in to account.

I have no idea who these toffs are, and whilst it wont be the same as a council run course, we cannot say that locals wont get to play on it as prestigious courses like Loch Lomond and St Andrews let the public on to them - all be it at a price.

Some may stay on the complex, but the majority will venture out into the city and the shire

well for starters these places wil have to be built so it will mean jobs for the area to begin with and i'd be surprised if when the complex is open that the majority of the staff are residents of the NE

Will it improve the airport ? almost certainly stands to reason that if people are coming from east or central America they'd want a direct airlink, they don't want to drive 2-3 hours from Glasgow or Edinburgh, besides if Aberdeen is serious about this sort of thing a larger intercontinental flight link is vital

Not all these house will be built straight away, there won't be 900 lodges built riught away, they will be built & sold in stages. As for the housing devlopment, it does seem a tab excessive, however if they are well priced ( it might happen) they would be most welcome in the NE, it's vital not only to atttact money to the area but it is vital to keep people here.

Compromise could have been reached, but these big devlopments all over the world seldom compromise is reached, money changes hands and things get built.

I have no idea why the hotel has so many floors, perhaps Mr Trump thinks biggest means best - he might be right, he might be wrong - we shall find out.

Guest LondonScottish
So good points theer LS and yes, it's all got to be taken in to account.

I have no idea who these toffs are, and whilst it wont be the same as a council run course, we cannot say that locals wont get to play on it as prestigious courses like Loch Lomond and St Andrews let the public on to them - all be it at a price.

Some may stay on the complex, but the majority will venture out into the city and the shire

well for starters these places wil have to be built so it will mean jobs for the area to begin with and i'd be surprised if when the complex is open that the majority of the staff are residents of the NE

Will it improve the airport ? almost certainly stands to reason that if people are coming from east or central America they'd want a direct airlink, they don't want to drive 2-3 hours from Glasgow or Edinburgh, besides if Aberdeen is serious about this sort of thing a larger intercontinental flight link is vital

Not all these house will be built straight away, there won't be 900 lodges built riught away, they will be built & sold in stages. As for the housing devlopment, it does seem a tab excessive, however if they are well priced ( it might happen) they would be most welcome in the NE, it's vital not only to atttact money to the area but it is vital to keep people here.

Compromise could have been reached, but these big devlopments all over the world seldom compromise is reached, money changes hands and things get built.

I have no idea why the hotel has so many floors, perhaps Mr Trump thinks biggest means best - he might be right, he might be wrong - we shall find out.

I think the council would have passed this no problem, if there had been some sort of negotiation, but it was all or nothing from the Trump camp. It wouldn't have taken too much to get a suitable compromise for all concerned; slightly fewer houses and a less high profile hotel design. There are obvioulsy huge benefits for the area, and investment attracts futher investment.

I think if it was joe bloggs wanting to build some houses there would have been some form of compromise, but i think the overall plan plus the investment - 1 bn - and knowing how Trump opperates the council had the choice of either accepting it as it was or losing out on the 1bn investment now i know that sounds sh*tty but there are times in business where it's got to be take it or leave it - after all if you had 1bn to invest you'd only invest it in somewhere that will play ball with you.

and i think the council were wrong to to pass on it and i'm glad the SNP government - who i don't support generally at all - have had the balls to say " this is too good a opportunities to mess with"

yes there are some legalities to cross along the way, but in the end the nay sayers arguments do not and should not counter the positives that this development brings to the area.

championship golf course... I question this. Trump has 5 of these complexes in the US and carribean. I dont think he has attracted any USPGA tournaments to his courses. In the land where money buys anything, and Trump is a billionaire, apparently, he cant buy a tournament. SO how is he going to attract a tournament to his themed links in Aberdeen. Like the R&A are going to overlook true links courses like ST Andrews in favour of Trumpton. Ok so you might say he will build a real links course. Remember this is a cmplex, for rich yanks, they like easy courses that make you feel good shooting low scores, where a real links ourse should be barren, uncompromising, and in all honesty a really difficult round of golf. So is Trump going to build this type of course, in the wind and rain of Aberdeenshire coast? Or will it be paths and streams and ponds and fountains and little bridges.

Lets get some facts straight Douche, Echt is 12 miles from the centre of Aberdeen, not a great start if the rest of your arguments are as accurate.

Echt is in Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen (the city) actually had no say in this, so perhaps you should think what it has got to do with you then?

Really, I think you'll find that's not even a paraphrase.

And finally, I lived in Northfield for 8 years before moving to the Isle of Man, I never had much trouble from the crackheads, even when I walked about with my golf clubs, or had my wallet in my back pooch.

Still, you don't like toffs, nor people from the country, or those from the City's council estates. I'm not really surprised you don;t want Trump either, not really many that you would like is there?

P.S. What a frigging d*ck.

championship golf course... I question this. Trump has 5 of these complexes in the US and carribean. I dont think he has attracted any USPGA tournaments to his courses. In the land where money buys anything, and Trump is a billionaire, apparently, he cant buy a tournament. SO how is he going to attract a tournament to his themed links in Aberdeen. Like the R&A are going to overlook true links courses like ST Andrews in favour of Trumpton. Ok so you might say he will build a real links course. Remember this is a cmplex, for rich yanks, they like easy courses that make you feel good shooting low scores, where a real links ourse should be barren, uncompromising, and in all honesty a really difficult round of golf. So is Trump going to build this type of course, in the wind and rain of Aberdeenshire coast? Or will it be paths and streams and ponds and fountains and little bridges.

Guest LondonScottish
And with the Jack Nicklaus development at Stonehaven, the proposed development at Hazlehead, and existing courses like Royal Aberdeen, Newmachar and Cruden Bay, there's a good chance most of them would rather base themselves in the city.

Exactly. So reduce the size of the development, SSSI supporters are going to be more happy, the area still gets the boost of a massive new development, and many businesses outwith the complex all over the North East will benefit. Job done.

Exactly. So reduce the size of the development, SSSI supporters are going to be more happy, the area still gets the boost of a massive new development, and many businesses outwith the complex all over the North East will benefit. Job done.

Sounds good in theory but will never happen. If they can find other sites elsewhere to put up full development then they will and investors will get maximum money back from it. Then Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire left with nothing and have to ask if good or bad that we let opportunity pass. In my opinion most certainly would be bad to let this opportunity pass.

And finally, I lived in Northfield for 8 years before moving to the Isle of Man, I never had much trouble from the crackheads, even when I walked about with my golf clubs, or had my wallet in my back pooch.

slight difference from a local lad walking through Northfield with a pencil bag and 3 of his grandads old clubs.... to a fat rich American with a Ping set wandering an open parkland unprotected..

Perhaps you think we will be allowed to mingle freely with these people, for me I think there will be a fence and probably guards to keep scum off the course.

Obviously Im deluded... there will be no guards of course :dontknow:

ye fkin d*ck :laughing:

slight difference from a local lad walking through Northfield with a pencil bag and 3 of his grandads old clubs.... to a fat rich American with a Ping set wandering an open parkland unprotected..

Perhaps you think we will be allowed to mingle freely with these people, for me I think there will be a fence and probably guards to keep scum off the course.

Obviously Im deluded... there will be no guards of course :dontknow:

ye fkin d*ck :laughing:

Douche, I'm all for reasoned debate, but seriously, you seem to just spout whatever sh*te comes into your head. 1. I have a full ste of Titleists tyvm, and at the time of my Northfield encarceration they were brand new. 2.I doubt your "crackheads" of Northfield would have been too worried about whether I was a fat American or not.

Why would there be a large fence and security guards around the course? That's not normal in Scotland anywhere, never mind the North-east. Admittedly in England they have to take far more stringent security precautions - playing down here is a shock to the system in many many ways, that being one of them.