Anderson starting tomorrow night

Guest TenementFunster
you old patriot. :crossfingers:

Alan Hutton plays = joke team

McLeish picked it = joke manager

Anderson is playing purely on a sentiment (game at Pittodrie), every(*%T is being rested ticket, not because he's good.

No Michael Hart = joke.

As was said earlier, Hutton isn't the best right back in his ph*(king street.

BTW, what does Barry Nicholson have to do to get a gig?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joke team, joke manager.

I agree mate, reserves and dubious decisions. Weir is a liability, he was at fault for georgia's goal and would have been at fault for a couple of faroe's goals if they had a better finisher, he and alexander were embarrassingly pulled around by amatuers.

I agree mate, reserves and dubious decisions. Weir is a liability, he was at fault for georgia's goal and would have been at fault for a couple of faroe's goals if they had a better finisher, he and alexander were embarrassingly pulled around by amatuers.

we could be better no doubt about it. If only we had a manager with a set of baws to drop the deadwood.

Wier should never have been allowed to pull on a scotland shirt after chucking his toys out the pram never mind the fact he is not good enough.

Guest CAPSLOCK
tp be fair metal mickey has hardly been at his best this season so far...

I TEND TO AGREE BUT I'D ALSO SAY IT'S DOWN TO NOT HAVING ANDERSON ALONGSIDE HIM.

MIGHT WORK IF THEY WERE BOTH PLAYING FOR SCOTLAND. WHO KNOWS?

Guest TenementFunster
tp be fair metal mickey has hardly been at his best this season so far - but on the basis of last season he's as equaly to a call up as say Neilson or Hutton

I think Hart has been pretty damn good. Even below par better than some of the clowns that HAVE caps.

I think Hart has been pretty damn good. Even below par better than some of the clowns that HAVE caps.

Hart definately deserved a call up last season. Hutton, well he is sh*t and had a few half decent games towards the end of last season and since he is a Hun, got a call up. And still getting a game tomorrow night which is a joke.

You really deserve to banned for even hinting that.

Ill put it down to your age and supreme stupidity, get a grip.

Weir better than Anderson :hysterical: Fool

:nono:

My age? Weir is better than Anderson. What do you have to back up your claim? Fool...

Pele played a blinder in the world cup. Doesn't mean he will be picked for Brazil's next match.

This is such a stupid, irrelevant point. Weir is still playing for the Huns (correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they top of the league?) and in Europe. Think their record is 'played 6, won 6' this year, conceding only 2.

Anderson? He'll be lucky to start 10 games this year.

It's an irrelevant point as Weir is still playing and is not past it.

1.) Weir was ok in his day, its now more than 2 seasons since he played in the Prem - a long long time in football

:rolleyes:

He joined Rangers in January 2007. He was an Everton player up till then...

2.) SPL is 3 gears down from the above mentioned league in all honesty

:hysterical: Where was Weir playing for the 8 years before January 2007? And where was Anderson playing?

Weir has proved himself in Europe, the Premiership and for Scotland. Anderson has only proved himself at Aberdeen. I'll give him every chance to prove he's as good as we'd like to think but until then, I'll say Weir is a better player.

3.) I and many others on the board have confidence that Anderson will be one of the first choice defenders at Sunderland

That's the end of it then, must be right :nono:

Other things that I've read on this board :-

Arjen Robben is a Real Madrid player.

Sol Bamba has signed for Aberdeen.

Jackie McNamana-mana will not sign for Aberdeen

In short, many on this board have little idea what they're talking about. How many actually know anything about Sunderland?

:hysterical:

He joined Rangers in January 2007. He was an Everton player up till then... he played 6 games for everton last season. In this same time he managed to play 4 games for Scotland. How is that fair to players to play week in week out

Where was Weir playing for the 8 years before January 2007? Where was Anderson playing? Yes, going over his stats, Weir played 34 of the 38 prem games the season previous and featured heavily in most seasons before that. HOWEVER, he spat the dummy and refused to play for Scotland again because he didnt like getting booed when he played mince. Its time for him to move over and give other players the chance or were going to end up with the same situation we had after france 98, all our defenders retired and left us with a vastly inexperienced squad.

He played 6 games for everton last season. In this same time he managed to play 4 games for Scotland. How is that fair to players to play week in week out

This isn't the point we're debating. I was merely stating that NicNac's claim that Weir hadn't played in the Premiership for 2 years was rubbish.

To continue your point though, I agree it's not necessarily fair, but you can't argue with the fact that Scotland were getting results with Weir in the team. Probably because he has experience of playing against the likes of Henry, et al.

HOWEVER, he spat the dummy and refused to play for Scotland again because he didnt like getting booed when he played mince.

That's utter sh*te. He quit because of a problem between him and Berti Vogts.

It's an irrelevant point as Weir is still playing and is not past it.

:nono:

He joined Rangers in January 2007. He was an Everton player up till then...

:laughing: Where was Weir playing for the 8 years before January 2007? And where was Anderson playing?

Weir has proved himself in Europe, the Premiership and for Scotland. Anderson has only proved himself at Aberdeen. I'll give him every chance to prove he's as good as we'd like to think but until then, I'll say Weir is a better player.

That's the end of it then, must be right :laughing:

I think he meant to imply playing regularly in the premiership. I agree that Weir was a solid defender, but is now clearly past it for International football. Relying on old trustworthy companions like Weir is what got Craig Brown into trouble towards the end of his reign.

I think he meant to imply playing regularly in the premiership. I agree that Weir was a solid defender, but is now clearly past it for International football. Relying on old trustworthy companions like Weir is what got Craig Brown into trouble towards the end of his reign.

FFS! Walter Smith and Alex McLeish clearly think he's not past it, and I'd like to think that they've got a better idea than you. :laughing:

NicNac clearly said that Weir hadn't played in the Premiership for 2 years, even pointing out how long a time that was. This would've meant he hadn't played since August 2005. I'll let you look for yourself to see how sh*te a statement that is.

He's still doing a job for the Huns, playing in Europe and sitting pretty at the top of the league. Since he came into the Huns team, they've had some run to be fair (pains me to say that :laughing: ).

International football is not in the same class as the Premiership, so just cause he couldn't handle the Prem. any more doesn't mean he can't handle International football. Let's not get into that debate though.

FFS! Walter Smith and Alex McLeish clearly think he's not past it, and I'd like to think that they've got a better idea than you. :laughing:

He's still doing a job for the Huns, playing in Europe and sitting pretty at the top of the league. Since he came into the Huns team, they've had some run to be fair (pains me to say that :laughing: ).

International football is not in the same class as the Premiership, so just cause he couldn't handle the Prem. any more doesn't mean he can't handle International football. Let's not get into that debate though.

But playing against the likes of Italy, Ukraine and France is a lot different to what he comes up against in the SPL!

Hairy muff, but we are debating Weir versus Anderson... :laughing:

weir is big and slow now.

anderson is just entering his prime as a defender and will improve very quickly playing at a higher level. Even if hes not playing regularly, hell still learn from being around better players and will have to raise his game to ensure hes in the sunderland team.

Weir WAS at a decent EPL team but is well past it and playing for a pish team. I accept he doesnt want to hang up his boots at international level, but he shouldnt feature so heavily or as i said earlier, when he does pack it in well be shafted for quality, experienced defenders

Why not? He played for a team that finished 4th in the Premiership. In 8 years, Weir played for Everton nearly 250 times. He also signed for them when he was 29, so the comparison between him and Anderson is a fair one (Anderson is 28?!?).

I'll bet you that Anderson doesn't play that many times for Sunderland or any other EPL team, and I bet he's not there for 8 years...

Point taken - but Weir was signed by a manger who always intended to make him is first choice centre-back. Which helps. Which is also why it is saddening to see Anderson go to Sunderland - Keane has no intention of making him one of his top two centre-backs.

Weir played for a team who finished 4th in the Premiership but also a team who finished just north of the relegation zone on more than one occassion.

I still say Weir merely coped. Without the admirably part.

Guest TenementFunster
FFS! Walter Smith and Alex McLeish clearly think he's not past it

Yes. The same managers that don't think that Anderson is better than Pressley or Caldwell or Stephen ph*(king McManus or even worthy of a place on a Scotland bench. Yes, McManus gets his first ever cap and Anderson doesn't get the blazer off. Yeah, good judges. Weir and McManus, collectively responsible the goal against Georgia and at least one against Italy.

The same managers who think Alan Hutton is better than Michael Hart, that Michael Hart isn't good enough even for a B cap, that Gary Teale is an international football player.

David Weir was a very good centre half who was clearly past his best and no longer capable of cutting it in the EPL who also declined to play for Scotland. He's 37, it IS time to dump the (*%T but that won't happen, if it does, McLeish will be last on the goat at lodge.

Yes. The same managers that don't think that Anderson is better than Pressley or Caldwell or Stephen ph*(king McManus or even worthy of a place on a Scotland bench. Yes, McManus gets his first ever cap and Anderson doesn't get the blazer off. Yeah, good judges. Weir and McManus, collectively responsible the goal against Georgia and at least one against Italy.

The same managers who think Alan Hutton is better than Michael Hart, that Michael Hart isn't good enough even for a B cap, that Gary Teale is an international football player.

David Weir was a very good centre half who was clearly past his best and no longer capable of cutting it in the EPL who also declined to play for Scotland. He's 37, it IS time to dump the (*%T but that won't happen, if it does, McLeish will be last on the goat at lodge.

Have you ever stopped to think of the reason why they pick certain players?

Of course, we all seem to be swallowing Proclaim's belief that the EPL is the be-all and end-all of football, and all that play there are inherently superior to their non-EPL colleagues, regardless of their ability/age.

Love twisting words don't ye? I'm comparing the SPL to EPL, Anderson to Weir. Nothing more, nothing less...

Have you ever stopped to think of the reason why they pick certain players?Love twisting words don't ye? I'm comparing the SPL to EPL, Anderson to Weir. Nothing more, nothing less...

yes they pick them because they play for bigger teams or for so called better leagues.

anderson at this time is a better footballer than weir and pressley.

you seem to be the only one with a problem with this

yes they pick them because they play for bigger teams or for so called better leagues.

anderson at this time is a better footballer than weir and pressley.

you seem to be the only one with a problem with this

No, they don't pick them for that reason. Get the conspiracy theory nonsense to f*ck. :laughing:

Where has Anderson proved he's better?

That's because I look at it realistically.

No, they don't pick them for that reason. Get the conspiracy theory nonsense to f*ck. :laughing:

Where has Anderson proved he's better?

That's because I look at it realistically.

i dont really like slagging folk off on here but mate you are a d*ck.

are you honestly trying to tell me that Steven Pressley and Weir are better players than Russell Anderson?