scotland game

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Any chance of this being more than effectively just live text coverage of the England game in the second half?"

Dave, in Edinburgh, via text on 81111

We'll see what we can do Dave, but Keith's verdict sums up why there's not much to report...

"Stuck on a ferry being made to watch a useless Scotland friendly at an empty Aberdeen. Not allowed to watch important Northern Ireland group match at packed Windsor Park." Keith, via text somewhere on the oceans, on 81111

2108: Scotland back out and here come South Africa.

2110: Scotland v South Africa and England v Germany both resume.

2113: Thrilling stuff in Aberdeen. Not really.

2114: Isn't Pittodrie built on a graveyard? The supporters must be dead bored. South Africa open up Scotland on the right, but an inopportune stepover wastes a good chance.

"Pittodrie was actually built on a dung heap. Make up your own jokes. Still won't be as funny as am england keeper mind you.

Mal, in Glasgow, via text on 81111

Go me

they even included my typographical error!

2114: Isn't Pittodrie built on a graveyard? The supporters must be dead bored. South Africa open up Scotland on the right, but an inopportune stepover wastes a good chance.

"Pittodrie was actually built on a dung heap. Make up your own jokes. Still won't be as funny as am england keeper mind you.

Mal, in Glasgow, via text on 81111

If I EVER EVER complain again about a boring Aberdeen match remind me of 22 Aug 2007 when I saw perhaps the worst game of football at pittodrie (and that includes U21s)

If I was in my normal seat I would have given a just in Thoughts on the performance of the grass and by how much it grew - unfortuanatly I was in the RDS Upper and so didnt even have that to keep me occupied

Guest TenementFunster
If I EVER EVER complain again about a boring Aberdeen match remind me of 22 Aug 2007 when I saw perhaps the worst game of football at pittodrie (and that includes U21s)

If I was in my normal seat I would have given a just in Thoughts on the performance of the grass and by how much it grew - unfortuanatly I was in the RDS Upper and so didnt even have that to keep me occupied

Come on, what about Hutton's electrifying performance at right back and Craig Beattie who clearly had the Foster role of denying his own side possession.

Come on, what about Hutton's electrifying performance at right back and Craig Beattie who clearly had the Foster role of denying his own side possession.

dont forget Mcfaddens inability to control a stationary ball in the Mackie role and Caldwell disappearing faster than dempsey :thumbup1:

oh and kenny miller in the Jamie smith role of playing a couple of good games once quite a while a go so is a certain starter

Truelly awful game

Spot on. Bust my a&s to get back up the road in time to be there and efter the first half hour I was struggling to remember when even the Dons had served up such keech on that pitch.

Left wi a bunch of other hacked aff TA guys about 20 mins into the second half and a minute or two later the roar went up fae inside the ground. Yes you got it - we'd a' missed the friggin goal.

Guest redbrigade
jay mcelvely looked like he could become a regular international, he looked comfortable at left back.

He was one of the only ones who had a good game. Midfield and up front were awful, particularly Brown, Miller and O'Connor.

Anderson played well, although he may have broken somebody's leg!

Guest Stoney

What a ph*(king terrible night, my mate set me up with a nice padded seat in the RDS so i thought to myself "how bad can it be?"

1st thing that caught my eye was the mental amount of police on duty for a friendly - 2nd thing had a arranged to meet my mate for a pint in archies after trying to enter the door and make my was through what appeared to be a fancy dress party and drunkards randomly barging into and then hugging me you singing singing WULL BE CUMMIN the slivering all over me while jumping up and down - rare fun, my best course of action was to phone my mate say we are going somewhere else. Crosses the castle gate getting evils from the police *on fine form again randomly section 60'ing fans whos only crime was to be walking* get to the carlton bar a typical one man and his dog afair - no sooner have me and my mate arrived then we are followed in by the cops ace fun.

My other mate comes walking into the bar also now the proud owner of a crispy section 60 ticket then 5 minutes after the cops are back skulking round the bar - they ask the barman if he has had "any problems" and the old man at the bar pipes up yeah i have a problem i dont like black people police ignore him and walk out the door so im now thinking to myself walking down the road then going for a pint BAD sitting at the bar firing racist comments infront of police officers not so much a problem.

Another thing how bad is the national anthem sung by ronnie brown - when i was going it was the three tennor dudes - much much better.

Thoughts from the game South Africa were far the better team in the 1st half and very unlucky not to be leading at half time, if fletcher wasnt a man yoo player he wouldnt be there too many beckham style passes to nobody, Anderson turned from a confident cool defender into and erratic hoof merchant lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away in silly areas - alan hutton very good going forward but defensivly pretty poor - the boy macevery? no 3 left back was outstanding on the ball his control was as good as i have seen! 2nd half was among the worst i have seen the game was dead on its feet - Have we got enough there to beat france - i fear not midfield were lacking ideas kenny miller - headless chicken!

Support - For the first 5 minutes the stadium was buzzing and i was thinking to myself why can we do this at aberdeen, probably cause the away fans split up our two vocal stands is my guess a few drunken idiots in the RDL who were turfed by the coppers.

Over the course of the evening it was a total displeasure attending the game wish i hadnt bothered.

What a ph*(king terrible night, my mate set me up with a nice padded seat in the RDS so i thought to myself "how bad can it be?"

1st thing that caught my eye was the mental amount of police on duty for a friendly - 2nd thing had a arranged to meet my mate for a pint in archies after trying to enter the door and make my was through what appeared to be a fancy dress party and drunkards randomly barging into and then hugging me you singing singing WULL BE CUMMIN the slivering all over me while jumping up and down - rare fun, my best course of action was to phone my mate say we are going somewhere else. Crosses the castle gate getting evils from the police *on fine form again randomly section 60'ing fans whos only crime was to be walking* get to the carlton bar a typical one man and his dog afair - no sooner have me and my mate arrived then we are followed in by the cops ace fun.

My other mate comes walking into the bar also now the proud owner of a crispy section 60 ticket then 5 minutes after the cops are back skulking round the bar - they ask the barman if he has had "any problems" and the old man at the bar pipes up yeah i have a problem i dont like black people police ignore him and walk out the door so im now thinking to myself walking down the road then going for a pint BAD sitting at the bar firing racist comments infront of police officers not so much a problem.

Another thing how bad is the national anthem sung by ronnie brown - when i was going it was the three tennor dudes - much much better.

Thoughts from the game South Africa were far the better team in the 1st half and very unlucky not to be leading at half time, if fletcher wasnt a man yoo player he wouldnt be there too many beckham style passes to nobody, Anderson turned from a confident cool defender into and erratic hoof merchant lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away in silly areas - alan hutton very good going forward but defensivly pretty poor - the boy macevery? no 3 left back was outstanding on the ball his control was as good as i have seen! 2nd half was among the worst i have seen the game was dead on its feet - Have we got enough there to beat france - i fear not midfield were lacking ideas kenny miller - headless chicken!

Support - For the first 5 minutes the stadium was buzzing and i was thinking to myself why can we do this at aberdeen, probably cause the away fans split up our two vocal stands is my guess a few drunken idiots in the RDL who were turfed by the coppers.

Over the course of the evening it was a total displeasure attending the game wish i hadnt bothered.

totally agree about fletcher he strutted around like he was ph*(kin maradonna and always looked for a hollywood pass. kenny miller and gary caldwell should never play for scotland again.

the whole of the midfield had no idea where they were meant to be playing in the 1st half and when SA had a corner every scotland player was in their own penalty area. it was like watching the dons.

did anyone see hutton giving fans abuse in the south stand?

some guy told him to pull up his socks and get going as he just didnt look like he wanted to be their so hutton gave the guy a mouth full of swear words. this (*%T shouldnt even have been playing anyway but his attitude summed him up. a ph*(king hun tink.

agree also on your point about the support. first 5 mins south was buzzing but i reckon the way scotland played ph*(ked up the atmosphere.

Guest Stoney
totally agree about fletcher he strutted around like he was ph*(kin maradonna and always looked for a hollywood pass. kenny miller and gary caldwell should never play for scotland again.

the whole of the midfield had no idea where they were meant to be playing in the 1st half and when SA had a corner every scotland player was in their own penalty area. it was like watching the dons.

did anyone see hutton giving fans abuse in the south stand?

some guy told him to pull up his socks and get going as he just didnt look like he wanted to be their so hutton gave the guy a mouth full of swear words. this (*%T shouldnt even have been playing anyway but his attitude summed him up. a ph*(king hun tink.

agree also on your point about the support. first 5 mins south was buzzing but i reckon the way scotland played ph*(ked up the atmosphere.

I did see hutton spitting at a south african player (18) after he had fouled him - around the 75 minute mark