scotland game

I mean in relative terms, Hampden (which is twice the capacity) has a far better chance of being full for a Scotland game than Pittodrie ever will. Mostly due to the fact that Aberdeenshire clearly has SFA interest in Football.

Given that AFC sold all their allocation then that aint so true.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest El Padre

Well we keep hearing all this BS about how Aberdeen is full of transient Old Firm fans and foreigners, hence why we cant fill Pittodrie, does that excuse stand for Scotland games?

Well we keep hearing all this BS about how Aberdeen is full of transient Old Firm fans and foreigners, hence why we cant fill Pittodrie, does that excuse stand for Scotland games?

It was Travel Club members that didnt take up their ticket option so i

cannot see how Aberdeen public can get castigated for the attendance.

Guest El Padre
It was Travel Club members that didnt take up their ticket option so i

cannot see how Aberdeen public can get castigated for the attendance.

Maybe because they're famous for not knowing where Pittodrie is?

They do a far sight better than those in the North East, by quite a long long way. Aberdeen just isn't a footballing city.

Last Hampden friendly (on a Saturday)

Saturday, 12 November, 2005

Scotland 1, United States of America 1

Goals: 0-1 Wolff pen. 8, 1-1 Webster 38.

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Attendance: 26,708

Last midweek Hampden friendly

Wednesday, 1 March, 2006

Scotland 1, Switzerland 3

Goals: 0-1 Barnetta 20, 0-2 Gygax 40, 1-2 Miller 54, 1-3 Cabanas 68.

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Attendance: 20,952

The one before:

Wednesday, 18 August, 2004

Scotland 0, Hungary 3.

Goals: 0-1 Huszti pen. 45, 0-2 Huszti 53, 0-3 Marshall og 72.

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Attendance: 15,933

The one before:

Wednesday, 17 November, 2004

Scotland 1, Sweden 4

Goals: 0-1 Allback 27, 0-2 Allback 49, 0-3 Elmander 73, 0-4 Berglund 74, 1-4 McFadden pen. 77.

Easter Road Stadium, Edinburgh

Attendance: 15,071.

Pretty mcuh end of arguement!!

I think the term "owned" comes to mind.

I don't get excited by international friendly matches, I must concede. I certainly wouldn't be likely to travel for one again. Though had I not been in Edinburgh to see Interpol on Wednesday, I'd have gone to Pittodrie to see some crap football. I love seeing crap football. That's why i go to Pittodrie on a regular basis. :laughing:

Guest El Padre
Last Hampden friendly (on a Saturday)

Saturday, 12 November, 2005

Scotland 1, United States of America 1

Goals: 0-1 Wolff pen. 8, 1-1 Webster 38.

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Attendance: 26,708

Last midweek Hampden friendly

Wednesday, 1 March, 2006

Scotland 1, Switzerland 3

Goals: 0-1 Barnetta 20, 0-2 Gygax 40, 1-2 Miller 54, 1-3 Cabanas 68.

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Attendance: 20,952

The one before:

Wednesday, 18 August, 2004

Scotland 0, Hungary 3.

Goals: 0-1 Huszti pen. 45, 0-2 Huszti 53, 0-3 Marshall og 72.

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Attendance: 15,933

The one before:

Wednesday, 17 November, 2004

Scotland 1, Sweden 4

Goals: 0-1 Allback 27, 0-2 Allback 49, 0-3 Elmander 73, 0-4 Berglund 74, 1-4 McFadden pen. 77.

Easter Road Stadium, Edinburgh

Attendance: 15,071.

Pretty mcuh end of arguement!!

Werent most of those under Vogts command when noooooooooooooo one was going? And the easter Road fixture, well, isnt that almost full capacity? Theres a huge buzz round scotland just now and we still arent getting a decent crowd to Pittodrie to support them. Don't be surprised if its a long long time before you see the national team in the NE again.

Guest El Padre
I think the term "owned" comes to mind.

I don't get excited by international friendly matches, I must concede. I certainly wouldn't be likely to travel for one again. Though had I not been in Edinburgh to see Interpol on Wednesday, I'd have gone to Pittodrie to see some crap football. I love seeing crap football. That's why i go to Pittodrie on a regular basis. :laughing:

Does it? Thats nice. :checkit:

Took my 11 year old to the match - he was thrilled to be there.

Before the game, as the national anthems were being played/sung, he asked me: 'Who's the boy?' I said: 'That's Ronnie Brown, he's singing the national anthem.' I thought the tone of his question was a wee bit disrespectful. Turns out he meant the laddie who was the mascot !!!

I reckon that a few players played o.k. Fletcher actually did a lot of running off the ball, keeping the shape of the mid-field, covering for a defender, making himself available on the wing. But others around him didn't always have the vision to see what he was doing. (Easy for me to say from a good vantage point in the stand.)

The best bit of the evening for my son was definitely getting to bed 2 hours after his bed-time.

The crowd - 13,600 - not that bad if you compare with other friendlies in Glasgow and Edinburgh. (Heard Chick Young on the radio whilst driving home, he was giving the N.E. stick for not turning up in great numbers.) Agree that more would have turned up if there had been AFC players in the squad. - I noticed a few Derby County players got a chance - just promoted to the Premiership...

Guest El Padre
Be fair.

90% of people who live south of Perth dinna ken far Aberdeen is, so ye canna expect a good attendance!

Opps missed important word out!

90% of people south of Perth aren't welcome in Aberdeen anyway. :thumbs:

Aberdeen just isn't a footballing city.

:dontknow:

I very rarely disagree with you (if i'm being honest :thumbs: ), but that's a p*sh statement.

I mean in relative terms, Hampden (which is twice the capacity) has a far better chance of being full for a Scotland game than Pittodrie ever will.

I've lost count of the amount of times that Hampden has not been sold out for Scotland games. Considering the Old Farm have about 100,000 at their games every week, Hampden should be full with them as well as the travelling Scots fans from elsewhere.

They do a far sight better than those in the North East, by quite a long long way.

;)

Glasgow - 2.3million (includes catchment, etc.)

Aberdeen - 250,000 (includes catchment, etc.)

Glasgow stadia capacity - 51,000 (Ibrox) and 61,000 (Parkhead)

Aberdeen stadia capacity - 21,000 (Pittodrie)

Glasgow average attendance - 51,000 (Ibrox) and 61,000 (Parkhead) (let's just say sell-outs for the sake of it)

Aberdeen average attendance - 13,000 (Pittodrie)

2.3 million / 112,000 = 1 in 20 attend home games

250,000 / 13,000 = 1 in 19 attend home games

Aberdeen wins :(:checkit: