Scotland v Lithuania

He'll start wednesday, that's for sure.

Was impressed by Brown today, worked his bollocks off, here's hoping he can keep the crab out the side for years to come.

Probably didn't start on Sat cos he's not had much football this season so far?

I'd expect him to start on th bench again as an impact sub

just read the bbc report on the scotland match on saturday.

18 ponts from 8 games .when you think about it thats bloody impressive considering the oppositon we have.

regardless of what happens come the end of november. they have done better than anyone could have dreamed.

saying that they really have a chance to do it.

I always thought 22 points would be enough to qualify.

I reckon now that's Ukraine out of the picture. France don't need to win on Weds given they only have Ukraine of the "big teams" still to play, but they will.

So long as we can get some kind of a result in Georgia I think it's going to come down to the last game with Italy I reckon. But having said that, if we can snatch a draw on Weds I think we can start thinking about making our way to La Suisse.

I always thought 22 points would be enough to qualify.

I reckon now that's Ukraine out of the picture. France don't need to win on Weds given they only have Ukraine of the "big teams" still to play, but they will.

So long as we can get some kind of a result in Georgia I think it's going to come down to the last game with Italy I reckon. But having said that, if we can snatch a draw on Weds I think we can start thinking about making our way to La Suisse.

If Ukraine beat Italy in Kiev on Wednesday (and we lose in paris) they'll be 2 behind us with a game in hand :laughing:

bollocks. how could you think we were lucky we played a team off cheats off the park.

that Jambo mink should be suspended for the remainder of the qualifiers,

Ok, maybe i was being a bit harsh there but i thought we were on the backfoot for shades of the game and you are they are cheats but still if it wasn't for the subs i think we would have drawn the game.

If Ukraine beat Italy in Kiev on Wednesday (and we lose in paris) they'll be 2 behind us with a game in hand :laughing:

a draw in Ukraine and a Draw in Paris would be magic.

i'm devasted i will be in London the day of the Italy game. Landing in Aberdeen at 4.30pm.

i really hope theres a bar near the airport with the game on.

i'm devasted i will be in London the day of the Italy game. Landing in Aberdeen at 4.30pm.

Anything that involves italy dropping points is good in my book, On another note its got to be said that boyds goalscoring record at international level is starting to look impressive. Saturdays was his 7th goal and he cant have played more than 10-11 games

Ok, maybe i was being a bit harsh there but i thought we were on the backfoot for shades of the game and you are they are cheats but still if it wasn't for the subs i think we would have drawn the game.

Thought we toiled for a big chunk of the second half and Lithuania deserved to equalise - albeit not from that dive.

Subs changed the game and we never looked like anything other thanwinners from 2-1

Thought we toiled for a big chunk of the second half and Lithuania deserved to equalise - albeit not from that dive.

Subs changed the game and we never looked like anything other thanwinners from 2-1

thbis is the encouraging part, we had the firepower to come off the bench and produce that. in my time watching football i cant remeber there being this much available talent for the scottish team.

Given that Italy play the Faroes in their last game after they have played us then we need to be 3 points clear of them after we play them as we have no more games. This means that we need Italy to lose in Kiev to keep them as far away as possible from us. We then need to beat Ukraine at Hampden to give ourselves a fighting chance.

Georgia away will not be easy but if we can smuggle 3 points from there then beating Italy would be all that stood in our way. Agree that even if we end up 3rd/4th we should still be delighted with our performance.

Given that Italy play the Faroes in their last game after they have played us then we need to be 3 points clear of them after we play them as we have no more games. This means that we need Italy to lose in Kiev to keep them as far away as possible from us. We then need to beat Ukraine at Hampden to give ourselves a fighting chance.

Georgia away will not be easy but if we can smuggle 3 points from there then beating Italy would be all that stood in our way. Agree that even if we end up 3rd/4th we should still be delighted with our performance.

good point. but would it not be better for us to be 4 points ahead of Italy after we playe them so we dont have to worry about them humping the Faroes and going through on goal difference.?

does it even come down to that or is it on how you faired against the team you are tied with?

good point. but would it not be better for us to be 4 points ahead of Italy after we playe them so we dont have to worry about them humping the Faroes and going through on goal difference.?

does it even come down to that or is it on how you faired against the team you are tied with?

I'm sure GD is first, then form against each other. Not sure where we stand now but that would be the classic Scottish failure to go out on GD after Italy horsed the FI by 7 goals.