Old Farm

Just thought I would post a well done to the old farm. Their respective results this week have been fantastic and can only be good for Scottish football as a whole. These two results wont have gone unoticed around Europe. Coupled with the rise of our national team Scotland is hopefully fast losing its "joke" status which we picked up under Berti McIdiot.

This all helps raise the profile of our game and I take my hat off to what I think are absolutely fantastic European scalps by both Rangers on Tuesday and Celtic last night.

Hopefully Aberdeen can complete a memorable week of European club football tonight by nicking a result.

Just thought I would post a well done to the old farm. Their respective results this week have been fantastic and can only be good for Scottish football as a whole. These two results wont have gone unoticed around Europe. Coupled with the rise of our national team Scotland is hopefully fast losing its "joke" status which we picked up under Berti McIdiot.

This all helps raise the profile of our game and I take my hat off to what I think are absolutely fantastic European scalps by both Rangers on Tuesday and Celtic last night.

Hopefully Aberdeen can complete a memorable week of European club football tonight by nicking a result.

Bah, not good for Scottish fitba at all, good for Rangers and Celtic which automatically means bad for Scottish fitba. The rich get richer and the rest get mired further into mediocrity. Hibs, Hearts and the Dons getting similar results would be good for Scottish fiba. Any subsequent coefficient benefit wont be enough to offset the amount of money these two will rake in.

Bah, not good for Scottish fitba at all, good for Rangers and Celtic which automatically means bad for Scottish fitba. The rich get richer and the rest get mired further into mediocrity. Hibs, Hearts and the Dons getting similar results would be good for Scottish fiba. Any subsequent coefficient benefit wont be enough to offset the amount of money these two will rake in.

agree with everything here.

Good results, but they don't detract from the fact that they are still scum of the earth.

As a result, i'll never cheer on either of them in europe. If they get results like last night and tuesday, then fair play, but i'll never bring myself to blow smoke up their arses and congratulate them.

Time to grow up lads and realise that we will never compete with the old firm. Bottom line is they were two fantastic results with numerous Scotsmen in their starting eleven.

80% of whom have been plundered from competitors in the SPL.

And they moan about lack of competition.

I stand by my original sentiments - f*ck them and everything to do with them.

C unts.

Time to grow up lads and realise that we will never compete with the old firm. Bottom line is they were two fantastic results with numerous Scotsmen in their starting eleven.

This attitude seems to be creeping more and more into the Dons support and indeed supporters across Scotland outwith the OF. As BobbyBiscuit

says stand up for what you believe in, folk shouldnt just accept they have a divine right to be better than us and grudgingly applaud them as they get even more dominant. No team is ever going to be successful with this attitude.

I detest everything the OF stand for and the things they have done to Scottish fitba. You'll never hear me congratulating them, and it aint petty or immature, its cos they are a cancer on our game. OF GTF!

Guest glasgowdon
This attitude seems to be creeping more and more into the Dons support and indeed supporters across Scotland outwith the OF. As BobbyBiscuit

says stand up for what you believe in, folk shouldnt just accept they have a divine right to be better than us and grudgingly applaud them as they get even more dominant. No team is ever going to be successful with this attitude.

I detest everything the OF stand for and the things they have done to Scottish fitba. You'll never hear me congratulating them, and it aint petty or immature, its cos they are a cancer on our game. OF GTF!

:applause:

80% of whom have been plundered from competitors in the SPL.

And they moan about lack of competition.

I stand by my original sentiments - f*ck them and everything to do with them.

C unts.

Plundered because

A) They have been successful

B) They are an attractive investment

C) Their fans actually come out and support them (yes you can lambast them about the past but they have a loyal fanbase who sell out their home games and continue to buy anything with the old firm insignia on it.)

Any young sportsman with ambition will want to play at the top of their game and in Scotland that is the Old Farm, they also pay far more, not exactly rocket science.

Good results but a better result for Scottish football would be if we got through tonight as this will show there is maybe a bit of depth in our game. Unfortunately even if we do get through we will get little or no recognition from the press over here as they will still be shooting their load over the old firm. Plus i predicted good results for both the old firm this week so its not that much of a surprise.

Plundered because

A) They have been successful

B) They are an attractive investment

C) Their fans actually come out and support them (yes you can lambast them about the past but they have a loyal fanbase who sell out their home games and continue to buy anything with the old firm insignia on it.)

Any young sportsman with ambition will want to play at the top of their game and in Scotland that is the Old Farm, they also pay far more, not exactly rocket science.

sounds like you want to support them

Sounds like he already does.

Nothing to do with being well supported and everything to do with taking the fat wedge of cash from the TV deals whilst the rest get the scraps from the table.

Exactly.

They should be forced to dish out all their CL money to fund some form of football trust for paying for a national sporting academy.

Not just to pay ersehole whenkers like Artur Borat 50k a week.

For years, Rangers and Celtic have been a graveyard for promising Scottish footballers. The only reason they are now becoming more prominent is due to the fact that they can no longer afford to attract big name european players due to years of spunking cash away on Tore Andre Flo and the likes. Its neccessity as opposed to desire that there are so many Scots playing for them, and whilst that is in turn helping the national side, I've got no doubt when they consolidate for a couple of years with solid european performances, we'll soon see them dipping their big toes back into the european transfer market for overpriced journeymen to play at the expense of the guys that got them there in the first place.

But on the other hand, they both now have Scottish managers - something they didn't have in the heyday of buying excessively from abroad. They're still taking in players from abroad (Cousin, Cuellar, Donati etc), but balancing them with young Scots. So far it seems to me working, as much as it pains me to say it.

Neither of them could give a f*ck about scottish football, and i don't give a f*ck about them.

The way they, and Rangers in particular approach their transfer dealings are nothing short of disgraceful. Take the steven naismith deal for example - Killie value him at

You may not miss them but Scottish football will and especially Aberdeen. The Rangers fixture is the only time we can nearly sell out Pittodrie unless its a win or bust situation like last season when we did sell out. Celtic at home is usually 15-17 thousand. Aberdeen cant afford to be without the old farm. The stay away fans in Aberdeen are bad enough without their twice yearly outing to abuse some Rangers fans.

the reason Aberdeen have no decent crowds (like the rest of the SPL)

is the fact we have had no success at the club for around 15-20 years. where were all these Rangers and Celtic fans when the Dons gave them the tanning of a lifetime in the 80's.

a more competitive league and the chance of winning things again would bring people back to pittodrie.

they turn out against Rangers because we actually play well aghainst them at home (especially in recent years)

the reason Aberdeen have no decent crowds (like the rest of the SPL)

is the fact we have had no success at the club for around 15-20 years. where were all these Rangers and Celtic fans when the Dons gave them the tanning of a lifetime in the 80's.

a more competitive league and the chance of winning things again would bring people back to pittodrie.

they turn out against Rangers because we actually play well aghainst them at home (especially in recent years)

This could go on all day, does anyone think the National side has prospered due to more Scots playing CL level, I think its has, however, I was hoping Lyon would score the other night, etc

This could go on all day, does anyone think the National side has prospered due to more Scots playing CL level, I think its has, however, I was hoping Lyon would score the other night, etc

Totally agree.

In all honesty I believe that the Old Farms results in Europe are fantastic and they deserve credit for them. Peoples blind hatred of then has nothing to do with superb results and I for one applaud them.

Hopefully Aberdeen can carry on the feel good factor in Scottish football with another result tonight.

Totally agree.

In all honesty I believe that the Old Farms results in Europe are fantastic and they deserve credit for them. Peoples blind hatred of then has nothing to do with superb results and I for one applaud them.

Hopefully Aberdeen can carry on the feel good factor in Scottish football with another result tonight.

:thumbup1:;)

Totally agree.

nobody is saying the results weren't superb, of course they were Rangers won 3 nil against a team who hadnt lost at home in the CL for 19 games and Celtic beat the reigning Euor champions.

what we are saying is that its not good for scottish football like you are making out