Films

Sober Saturday meant I went to see another film the night, Killing Them Softly.

I thought it was very fuckin good! 8/10

Seen it last Sunday, had high hopes for it, especially with James Gandolfini in it and it being a gangster type film, was well acted but the story was so boring and straightforward. Could have done more with it I thought. Also, how annoying were all the political broadcasts played in the background of nearly every scene.

Transformers 3 is playing in the background. Not my kind of film but I'm listening to some of the dialogue. Now despite being imo the most beautiful person in the world today, Rosie Huntington Whitely is absolutely diabolical in it. I'm cringing every time I hear her speak. Stick to modelling or silent films.

Transformers films, and Michael Bay, actually make me angry. Films and a director that embody all that is wrong with modern Hollywood for me :ThumbsDown:

Transformers films, and Michael Bay, actually make me angry. Films and a director that embody all that is wrong with modern Hollywood for me :ThumbsDown:

Film-making is a dead art... if they remade 12 Angry Men (I'm ignoring the almost verbatim remake of a few years ago) it would be set in a courthouse that had become infected with a Zombie Virus.

90% of the scenes would be slow motion explosions.

Schoolboy error.

Bring your own.

As for the tickets scenario they're always at that carry on. Add in a giant tub of popcorn and you'd need an octopus to come with you to the pictures to allow safe entry.

Aye, even the death stare 2000 was no use on this jobsworth. I know he did not even look at the tickets, just some sort of sadistic cinema-bot internal joke no doubt.

Schoolboy error.

Bring your own.

As for the tickets scenario they're always at that carry on. Add in a giant tub of popcorn and you'd need an octopus to come with you to the pictures to allow safe entry.

I canna understand why folk need to take so much food into a cinema, okay if it's a few sweeties to keep the kids happy, fine.

It's folk that decide the 90 minutes that the films on is the ideal time to stuff their faces with as much food as possible and as noisily as possible.

Can they not control themselves for 90 minutes ? ..................If it's food you want go to a restaurant !

Rant over......is it obvious this weekend I was sitting next to some wifie in the cinema that seemed to be fighting an octopus in her popcorn box :popcorn::angry2:

Eating in public, full stop, is disgusting.

I hate people who eat publicly, really, really hate them, enough to make me want to murder them at times.

Im sure Boofon lets his kids eat a sweetie or an ice-cream in public, on a hot summers day, maybe he is indeed the better father...

Im sure Boofon lets his kids eat a sweetie or an ice-cream in public, on a hot summers day, maybe he is indeed the better father...

Aye, when he's home that is.

So they'll get a sweetie or an ice cream on a one week in four basis.

I've never worked away from home on the other hand.

And I do allow my kids to eat ice cream publicly, on the basis that it will melt if not.

However, I'm talking about folk who eat chippers and stuff like that on the street. Even bakery products, or fast food.

And I'm talking adults for clarification.

Utterly minging with a capital 'M'.

Film-making is a dead art... if they remade 12 Angry Men (I'm ignoring the almost verbatim remake of a few years ago) it would be set in a courthouse that had become infected with a Zombie Virus.

90% of the scenes would be slow motion explosions.

Blimey, not everyone quotes 12 Angry Men very often... My favourite film as it happens... The knife would have to be a lightsaber though...