Films

Just finished watching "Scum", 1st time i'd seen it, brutal as fuck like :o

Which one, the banned '77 original or the '79 remake? I taped the '77 original off Channel 4 when they broadcast it as part of their Banned season in 1991, virtually wore the tape out I watched it so often. Brilliant film.

Which one, the banned '77 original or the '79 remake? I taped the '77 original off Channel 4 when they broadcast it as part of their Banned season in 1991, virtually wore the tape out I watched it so often. Brilliant film.

Think it was the '79 one. Is there a massive difference between the two films like?

Think it was the '79 one. Is there a massive difference between the two films like?

I've never seen the '79 remake, but I think it's pretty much filmed scene-for-scene the same as the original, albeit with some different actors. If I remember correctly it was originally banned from broadcast by the BBC, after having been produced to be shown as part of their Play For Today series, so the producers decided to remake it as a theatrical film release instead.

I watched Anchor man for the first time tonight.

Not that great imo. Don't see the fuss. 6/10

I see Will Ferrel has a new film coming out about getting elected as a politician in America. Looks good.

:wtf:

Really ? Blimey... No serenading MDAL with jazz flute then...

Watched Dredd - quite enjoyable action flick if you leave your expectations at the door... even in 3D. 4 lawgivers out of 5.

Must be a burd thing! Every guy I know who has seen it loves it! However, my mrs and my mates mrs' all kind of just sat through it without really cracking a smile. I thought my mrs would have liked it as she has a good sense of humour, but nope...

I watched Anchor man for the first time tonight.

Not that great imo. Don't see the fuss. 6/10

I didn't really get the fuss either when I first saw it, but I found it so much funnier on second viewing. Now I absolutely love it. Give it another go sometime is my advice :dc:;)

• Upvote 2

I watched the A-Team film recently and was pleasantly surprised. I don't normally go for action movies but it doesn't take itself seriously at all and was good fun throughout.

One of the best t.v. series to movie conversions I've seen.

I agree with this. I went to the cinema 2 see it with very low expectations and really enjoyed it! Always good when that happens!

On the other hand I rented Hunger Games at the weekend expecting it to be good and was let down! Very slow starter was ok in the end. 6.5/10

Also rented this means war and thought it was decent enough. Wouldnt watch it again but 7/10

Aye.

Quite gory in parts. Decent story, Karl Urban does a good job. Bird in its tidy.

7/10

Pretty much my summary of the film. One big thing for me, and not sure if it is a spoiler so will do this just in case:

It was like watching The Raid again, but in English and slightly more guns, less martial arts

Pretty much my summary of the film. One big thing for me, and not sure if it is a spoiler so will do this just in case:

It was like watching The Raid again, but in English and slightly more guns, less martial arts

Aye, can see where you'd get that from. Never seen said film (though I know what its about), was it any good?