Films

Speaking of deaths, not normally my sort of movie, but found myself watching Final Destination 5. The Deaths in that film are just brutal.

Here's a few from just ONE scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHpkXzO3J5o

All the Final Destination movies have really brutal death scenes, fae the boy that got strangled in the first one, the loon that got crushed by a double glazed windae in the second one, not to mention the guy who got cut intae 3 by a fence, right up to the lassie that just gets...demolished by a car tyre in The Final Destination. Mintal.

Still think The original Omen movie was the grandaddy for that sort o movie, the set piece deaths in that, and the first two sequels were nasty.

Watched the first Omen movies in my teens and those deaths absolutely stick with you -death by double glazing... and the glass lift... still sends shivers... Having said that I still get the shivers from the laser death in the first Resident Evil movie...

Never seen it but I wonder if what you are referring to is a clip someone posted on here donkeys ago. Some people had to jump lasers at specific times to avoid getting cut up? At the end this guy is getting ready to jump then the lasers all turn into some patchwork thing and the guy melts?

[/b]

Never seen it but I wonder if what you are referring to is a clip someone posted on here donkeys ago. Some people had to jump lasers at specific times to avoid getting cut up? At the end this guy is getting ready to jump then the lasers all turn into some patchwork thing and the guy melts?

That's the one - in fact it was probably me somewhere in this thread a long time ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uVXiay_gyA

The worst one for me is in the third FD film (I think it is), when the two lassies go for the sun bed and the lids get jammed shut, the temp cranked up to max and they get literally cooked alive. Brutal.

On the plus side, you do get to see them both topless before all that kicks off :thumbup1:

Is it? Now that's a belting piece o anime, mind seeing it on the Sci-fi channel back in the grand old days of Aberdeen Cable. Have mentioned it before, but it's still immense: Highlander- The Search For Vengeance, done by the same lads who made Ninja Scroll (If I mind right) completely barking, and vastly superior to the sequels of the original. Especially Highlander 2, which was so gash, I'd loke to think it never existed in the first place.

Been a while since I've been on here so in no particular order:

Skyfall - 6/10

Argo - 8/10: A solid thriller that was reasonably entertaining and well made let down by an over the top dramatisation of factual events and a shallow/non-existant exploration of American/Iranian politics

The Master - 10/10: The best film I have seen since There Will Be Blood. A gorgeously shot character exploration/ fucked up love story that examines the mechanics of manipulation in human relationships. There's some cracking tits in it as well. So good I went to see it twice.

Just watched The Reckoning.

Kinda like The Name of the Rose, murder mystery set in Medieval England, involving monks and dudes with bowl cut hairdos.

And Spud fae Trainspotting is in it. Nae as Spud fae Trainspotting, though that would be fucking magic :)

Come to think of it, most films would benefit from having Spud from Trainspotting in them.

Anyway, The Reckoning.

I give it a solid 6.5/10

saw 7 psychopaths the other night

fuckin mental.

thinks its a cross between pulp fiction, luckly number slevin and usual suspects. constantly breaks the 4th wall and laughs at itself every few minutes. its very clever.

plus, its got christopher walken. you know its going to be batshit crazy when hes one of the leads.

8/10

saw 7 psychopaths the other night

fuckin mental.

thinks its a cross between pulp fiction, luckly number slevin and usual suspects. constantly breaks the 4th wall and laughs at itself every few minutes. its very clever.

plus, its got christopher walken. you know its going to be batshit crazy when hes one of the leads.

8/10

Wow if that's the case then it must be ace cause all 3 of those films are brilliant. Could be worth a trip to the cinema then