Films

Went to see Monsters University last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. As with most Pixar films it cannot be truly appreciated by a kid and I still don't understand why spastic parents take stupid toddlers to the cinema. They're their kids so how can they not be aware of the fact the little prick is going to babel pish all the way through?

Anyway. The film is clever and a great concept to be made into a film.

Watched Drive again at the weekend.

Brilliant film.

A lot of people say I look like the main gadji in that film...

I watched UP the other day and laughed at the part when everyone else was upset. Great film.

Tried to watch no country for old men... load of shite, switched off after half an hour.

I watched UP the other day and laughed at the part when everyone else was upset. Great film.

Tried to watch no country for old men... load of shite, switched off after half an hour.

I struggled first time with No Country for Old Men. Watched a second time and liked it a lot though.

Also agree on Drive. Love it, especially the soundtrack. Intrigued to see what the same director/actor combo comes up with in Only God Forgives.

As for recent films:

Goldeneye - One of my favourite Bond films. Maybe in part due to the game. Ridiculous in parts. 7.513/10

Se7en - Had never watched this before.

Kevin Spacey is excellent as John Doe. Good apart from I didn't really think the ending was up to much. Good twist, but just didn't fit in with the rest of the film.

8.273/10

Watched Drive again at the weekend.Brilliant film.

Bought the DVD and watched ot once ages ago. Didn't think it was that amazing at the time, but loved the soundtrack. Think it's def due another watch, as reckon it'll be one of them films that you appreciate much more second time around.

No idea why, but i actually watched that the whole way though. Normally if i can tell i'm not going to like a film i'd do the same as you did. Hoped it was going to go somewhere, that there would be something to make it stand out, but no, pile of shite indeed

I struggled first time with No Country for Old Men. Watched a second time and liked it a lot though.

Also agree on Drive. Love it, especially the soundtrack. Intrigued to see what the same director/actor combo comes up with in Only God Forgives.

As for recent films:

Goldeneye - One of my favourite Bond films. Maybe in part due to the game. Ridiculous in parts. 7.513/10

Se7en - Had never watched this before.

Kevin Spacey is excellent as John Doe. Good apart from I didn't really think the ending was up to much. Good twist, but just didn't fit in with the rest of the film.

8.273/10

Only God Forgives is utter horse shit. Tries so hard to be different that it takes any enjoyment out of it. They could have condensed the storyline into 30 mins if they'd taking out the 60 mins of Ryan Gosling staring broodily into the distance.

Only God Forgives is utter horse shit. Tries so hard to be different that it takes any enjoyment out of it. They could have condensed the storyline into 30 mins if they'd taking out the 60 mins of Ryan Gosling staring broodily into the distance.

Disappointing to hear, looks good from the trailer and fancied seeing it. DVD job it is then.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw The Conjuring last night. Best scary film (as in jumpy) I have seen since The Woman in Black probably. Biggest scare I got though was from a quine behind me screaming at one bit in particular, I f**king shat myself! She must have leaned forward and done it on purpose as it was right in my ear. F**k me like what a fright!

Saw The Conjuring last night. Best scary film (as in jumpy) I have seen since The Woman in Black probably. Biggest scare I got though was from a quine behind me screaming at one bit in particular, I f**king shat myself! She must have leaned forward and done it on purpose as it was right in my ear. F**k me like what a fright!

:gay:

Knocking out 2 bouncers yesterday and today being a poof. What's going on Pash you're turning soft.

Who said I knocked out two bouncers? I bet you couldn't watch The Conjuring by yourself at night time with the lights off.

Easily. I spent 30 hours in a dark cupboard hiding from Al queda. A horror movie would be like taking sweets fae a bairn.

I thought you planted two bouncers in the Tonik thread. :dontknow:

I quite liked Only God Forgives.

Now You See Me was pretty good too.

The Guilt Trip = Shite.

Silver Linings Playbook, nae bad.

You quite liked Only God Forgives??????

Worst film I have seen in 5 years, easily.

Half of the cinema walked out, must have been about 30 folk leave.

We stayed thinking the end would make up for some of the rest of the films misgivings, but no.

Drive I love, but this was dreadful!

Just seen Seven Psychopaths on the DVD. 9/10: it's good, but nae right. The bit about the Vietnamese boy is immense tho.

Have attempted to and repeatedly failed to watch Threads all the way through. Canna. Hell, the nuclear attack on Sheffield is so fucked up, it's in a class of its own. I'm told it gets way worse after that.