Films

The loon liked Monsters U... he preferred Despicable Me 2 though.

Despicable Me 2 I liked inna... the Minions are fecking hilarious.

I would love to see Despicable Me 2, I loved the first one, but my loon is not even 2 and a half yet and I don't think it's acceptable for a grown man to go to a kids movie on his own.

Is Lawless any good?

Watched Killing them Softly last night but was disappointed.

Was disappointed with that too, wasn't really any story as such to it, just was like an extended scene out the Sopranos, where they are going to 'whack' somebody (except in the Sopranos would have been better)

A Clockwork Orange is a pointless, weird and shite film.

Yup, biggest load of pointless shite ever.

Is that the Jason Statham one? Don't know if I can ever take the guy seriously in a film.

Saw Now You See Me last night. Enjoyable enough, original idea. Solid 7 out of 10.

Yup...see I love a Jason Statham film! Obviously none are gonna be up for any Oscar nominations, but they're easy watching and they amuse me!

Quite liked A Clockwork Orange, but I think you have to read the book to get much out of it.

A bit like 'Dude, Where's My Car." If you haven't read the book in order to understand the subtle subtext then the film comes off as a directionless (that's my word of the week) mess.

Usually I'll try to read the book before I watch the movie, and often it's the only way to understand just what in the fuck is going on.

cult.jpg