Films

Watched The Internship on iTunes last night, against my better judgement but Mrs Byen overruled.

Fuckin hell, any film with Owen Wilson or Vince Vaughn is guaranteed to be shite and this one doubly delivered :clangers2:

Ludicrous.

Anchorman and Wedding Crashers blow that argument clean out of the water.

Speaking of which, Anchorman II out soon.

Hope it lives up to expectations. Sequels very often let down the original.

Thankfully they never made a second Ghostbusters.

watched pacific rim, I was surprised at the lack of custom car action, involving singling out the actual new part that you need.

oh wait, that's specific rim.

best thing about it was stacker Pentecost, great name. to much dark and rain so the cgi'ers can hide their shitty effects. come one Hollywood, how about a bit of daylight robot fighting.

watched pacific rim, I was surprised at the lack of custom car action, involving singling out the actual new part that you need.

oh wait, that's specific rim.

best thing about it was stacker Pentecost, great name. to much dark and rain so the cgi'ers can hide their shitty effects. come one Hollywood, how about a bit of daylight robot fighting.

If you want to see robotic fighting I recommend any boxing match involving a Klitschko.

Or if it's a movie you want, Robot Jox is still the gold standard of Robots battering into one another.

Here, have the entire movie.

http://youtu.be/jZXWHswqCQo

Watched The Internship on iTunes last night, against my better judgement but Mrs Byen overruled.

Fuckin hell, any film with Owen Wilson or Vince Vaughn is guaranteed to be shite and this one doubly delivered :clangers2:

The Aussie burd was well worth one though.

I was also forced to watch that on Saturday night. Felt like I was watching one of the worst films I've even seen.

How does a movie like that ever funded? There were no redeeming features and nothing new. It was just regurgitated, cliched shite.

I was also forced to watch that on Saturday night. Felt like I was watching one of the worst films I've even seen.

How does a movie like that ever funded? There were no redeeming features and nothing new. It was just regurgitated, cliched shite.

Cos it's the type of mundane shite couples decide to watch together cos they've got no real common interests.

It's easy, it's inoffensive and it'll appeal to the masses due to the fact it's a 'comedy' with two Hollywood 'stars' in it. No brainier really, it's probably made everyone involved a pretty penny. Adam Sandlers been doing it for years.

You actually answered your own question before you asked it.

It gives me some consolation that someone else on the other side of the planet was suffering too. :laughing:

Went to see the US remake of Old Boy. Went in with low expectations as I though they'd tame it down, but didn't. Watchable, but not all that much original to it. 6/10

I went with low expectations too. It was better than I thought it would be but not quite as twisted and Korean as the original!! Thought they'd struggle to turn it into a Hollywood type of film.

Lack of Octopus being gobbled meant Josh Brolin failed!!

the fight scene in the corridor, in the original oldboy. I've not seen the new one, but it would be difficult to beat.

An attempt was made to replicate, but wasn't as good. Probably wasn't filmed in one cut like the original either, and had a more 3D element to it.

Anchorman 2 tonight. Part of me is expecting some disappointment, but looking forward to it.

An attempt was made to replicate, but wasn't as good. Probably wasn't filmed in one cut like the original either, and had a more 3D element to it.

Anchorman 2 tonight. Part of me is expecting some disappointment, but looking forward to it.

Dont have high hopes for it but i would like to be wrong. Incidentally is this Will Ferrells first sequel (not including the first anchorman 2)?