Films

Saw the new Clint Eastwood film, 'Gran Torino' on Friday night and it is fecking brilliant! The character he plays is superb and the ending is awesome. Would defo recommend it very highly. Saw with the bird and she rated it as one of the best films she's ever seen, so not just a guys film.

Currently offshore with nowt to do. So i was flicking through the channels yesterday morn and watched 'Blue Streak'.

Starring Martin Lawrence & Owen Wilson. What a heap of pap. An hour & a half of my life i can't ever get back.

But my faith in movies was restored when we watched 'There Will Be Blood' on SKY MOVIES lastnight.

Really good film and Daniel Day Lewis was on fine form.

Worth a watch if you haven't seen it already

Currently offshore with nowt to do. So i was flicking through the channels yesterday morn and watched 'Blue Streak'.

Starring Martin Lawrence & Owen Wilson. What a heap of pap. An hour & a half of my life i can't ever get back.

But my faith in movies was restored when we watched 'There Will Be Blood' on SKY MOVIES lastnight.

Really good film and Daniel Day Lewis was on fine form.

Worth a watch if you haven't seen it already

I enjoyed There will be Blood even after I had convinced myself that I wouldn't. Good film.

over the weekend i watched the 1st 4 episodes of band of brothers then i watched hancock.

BOB is brilliant and anyone who hant seen this needs to.

Hancok was below average at best

Watched the BoB series 1st time round, and thought it was great. Wife bought the series box set when it came oot and we periodically watch it all again. You are right VDA it is brilliant. And just as an aside, I think the music is great too.

Watched American Beauty last night. I enjoyed it. I have a weird feeling I have seen it years ago but can't be sure...I seem to remember the rose petals flying out of her cleavage anyway!

How old are the two girls in it? Both of them got their paps out during the film but, nice as they were, it felt a bit funny watching as they look really young.

Watched American Beauty last night. I enjoyed it. I have a weird feeling I have seen it years ago but can't be sure...I seem to remember the rose petals flying out of her cleavage anyway!

How old are the two girls in it? Both of them got their paps out during the film but, nice as they were, it felt a bit funny watching as they look really young.

I felt a little funny while watching those scenes too.

:hysterical:

Guest Donforlife
I felt a little funny while watching those scenes too.

:hysterical:

I watched A Righteous Kill last night - Robert De Niro and Al Pacino - decent enough but a dung ending.

Also went to cinema to see Valkirie (think thats how to spell it) and really enjoyed it. other than Tom Cruise making it as cheesy as possible it was/is a really good story - so close too.

I watched A Righteous Kill last night - Robert De Niro and Al Pacino - decent enough but a dung ending.

Also went to cinema to see Valkirie (think thats how to spell it) and really enjoyed it. other than Tom Cruise making it as cheesy as possible it was/is a really good story - so close too.

Worth watching just to see 50 Cent getting shot in the head

Out of curiosity, what do you think Tom Cruise did that was cheesy in that film?

I thought his performance was really very good.

Guest Donforlife
Out of curiosity, what do you think Tom Cruise did that was cheesy in that film?

I thought his performance was really very good.

Mainly the part where he screamed out (cant remember exactly what) just before he was shot.

Similar to Mel Gibsons FFFFFFFRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDOOOMMMMMMMMMMM in Braveheart.

Chhheeeeeeesssssyyy pish.

Saw the film 'Role Models' the other nyt with Shaun William Scott, Michael Judd (previously played Brian Fantana in Anchorman) and Mclovin from Superbad (the actors name escapes me at the moment). Worth a watch i'd say. Also makes a contribution to potential ways of describing a females nether region...'the whispering eye' haha

Saw the film 'Role Models' the other nyt with Shaun William Scott, Michael Judd (previously played Brian Fantana in Anchorman) and Mclovin from Superbad (the actors name escapes me at the moment). Worth a watch i'd say. Also makes a contribution to potential ways of describing a females nether region...'the whispering eye' haha

Erm nearly, it's Paul Rudd! :dontknow::sheepdance:

Quality film though. Ha yesterday morning I clocked a load of nerds heading to the park across from me to play those battle re-enactment games, like Mclovin does in the film :laughing:

Mainly the part where he screamed out (cant remember exactly what) just before he was shot.

Similar to Mel Gibsons FFFFFFFRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDOOOMMMMMMMMMMM in Braveheart.

Chhheeeeeeesssssyyy pish.

"Long live sacred Germany".

Blood Diamond is excellent. Was one of the first Blu-Ray discs I bought.

Absolutely. Was superb. Worryingly that is two Leonardo DiCaprio films I have quite liked now. And a few other's that weren't too bad.

Only two? Superb actor thats been in some brilliant films.

Take your pick from:

The Basketball Diaries

The Beach (Up until the last 45 mins where it went all psychadelic)

Gangs of New York

Catch Me If You Can

The Aviator

The Departed

Blood Diamond

Only two? Superb actor thats been in some brilliant films.

Take your pick from:

The Basketball Diaries

The Beach (Up until the last 45 mins where it went all psychadelic)

Gangs of New York

Catch Me If You Can

The Aviator

The Departed

Blood Diamond

The Basketball Diaries - Haven't seen.

The Beach (Up until the last 45 mins where it went all psychadelic) - Was ok. Bird was the best bit.

Gangs of New York - That was the other one I was referring to.

Catch Me If You Can - One of the one's that wasn't too bad.

The Aviator - P!sh.

The Departed - Another of the one's that wasn't too bad.

Blood Diamond - Already discussed.

Joined that LoveFilm the other week so will add the first one to my list. I am struggling though. My list is only about 9 strong and there's loads of movies I haven't seen. Just none jump out at me when I have a massive list to choose from.

over the weekend i watched the 1st 4 episodes of band of brothers then i watched hancock.

BOB is brilliant and anyone who hant seen this needs to.

Hancok was below average at best

Bought the box set some months ago on Ebay. Immence series with a cracking script and cast. I found it quite a humbling watch when you think what Soldiers had to endure back then. Found the scene's in the POW camp well written and disturbing at the same time.

Brilliant watch :(

The Basketball Diaries - Haven't seen.

The Beach (Up until the last 45 mins where it went all psychadelic) - Was ok. Bird was the best bit.

Gangs of New York - That was the other one I was referring to.

Catch Me If You Can - One of the one's that wasn't too bad.

The Aviator - P!sh.

The Departed - Another of the one's that wasn't too bad.

Blood Diamond - Already discussed.

Joined that LoveFilm the other week so will add the first one to my list. I am struggling though. My list is only about 9 strong and there's loads of movies I haven't seen. Just none jump out at me when I have a massive list to choose from.

:( not too bad?!? The Departed is an amazing film! Great performances from all the cast.

Bought the box set some months ago on Ebay. Immence series with a cracking script and cast. I found it quite a humbling watch when you think what Soldiers had to endure back then. Found the scene's in the POW camp well written and disturbing at the same time.

Brilliant watch :(

Xmas is great for all that stuff. BOB was on about November time. Exceptional stuff. The scenes towards the end when they liberated the concentration camp were amazing. Especially when they brought in the locals to clear up the bodies. And then they play the annual re-run of The World At War narrated by Laurence Olivier. I love all that stuff. Depresses the hell out of the family though ;o

I enjoyed 'Taken' very much. Plot is very basic and probably some holes in it but I didn't care about that. I thought Neeson's character reminded me of an old Charles Bronson film, he just kicks-ass all the way through the movie on his single-minded mission.

Plus the body-count is huge :(

Finally got round to watching Taken last night. Was good stuff for Sunday evening.

But give me a Bond film anyday of the week.