Films

are films decent these days?

I lost interest in films when I grew up

prob not watched a film released post titanic

They're getting better again. Netflix originals are improving - it's not just marvel shit you get these days now.

Haven't been to the cinema in ages.

They did change. Have you heard Pantera's first album? It's like the Quo when they were all flower power then realised they'd be far better off chugging out riffs and wearing double denim.

They evolved they didn't revolve.

Did they not do something like 4 albums before they changed their style? Had another singer as well, if I remember correctly

There are pics of big Phil and his back combed hair out there

The deeply buried 'Metal Magic' - big fans of hair metal were the Abbots, prior to Philip rolling in and prompting a change in style.

To be fair, Phil's first album with them (Power Metal) still has traces of hair metal, though it does foreshadow the direction they would take on the next album, the class CFH. The title track and Death Trap, among others, are like Priest meets Exhorder and Testament.

Did they not do something like 4 albums before they changed their style? Had another singer as well, if I remember correctly

There are pics of big Phil and his back combed hair out there

The early stuff is OK, if you forget it's Pantera. They were in the same musical ballpark as Quiet Riot and Dokken et al. Not classic by any means, but not disgraceful. Alice in Chains were a hair band themselves, when they started. Even their debut has whiffs of it (I Know Something About You, anyone?)

The early stuff is OK, if you forget it's Pantera. They were in the same musical ballpark as Quiet Riot and Dokken et al. Not classic by any means, but not disgraceful. Alice in Chains were a hair band themselves, when they started. Even their debut has whiffs of it (I Know Something About You, anyone?)

Yeah, Alice n chains was their original name, but I was their not only layne in that band - Maybe one other - that then became what we know? But can't argue with 'I know something...'

In the end, I'm not a massive glam metal fan. Some songs are very good, but it didn't do it for me really