Films

9 hours ago, CCB III said:

The Northman. 

Hell of a thing to look at, and some cool visualisations of Scandi tales, but wasn't all that into the story. 

6/10.

Some tits. 

It was a bit mental. Hard to work out what if anything in the latter stages was meant to be symbolic or reality( I ken it’s a film)

If you want full on mental watch Eggers previous film The Lighthouse. Full on crazy shit!

10 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

It was a bit mental. Hard to work out what if anything in the latter stages was meant to be symbolic or reality( I ken it’s a film)

If you want full on mental watch Eggers previous film The Lighthouse. Full on crazy shit!

I love his first two films aye, particularly the Lighthouse. 

I just wasn't too sure about the one last night, it was only OK for me.

I think it's historically accurate to the time, but a lot of it straddles the line between folklore and reality, which was one of its good elements, I thought and pretty consistent with his other two. 

It's cool a guy like that gets to make films, still. 

8 hours ago, CCB III said:

I love his first two films aye, particularly the Lighthouse. 

I just wasn't too sure about the one last night, it was only OK for me.

I think it's historically accurate to the time, but a lot of it straddles the line between folklore and reality, which was one of its good elements, I thought and pretty consistent with his other two. 

It's cool a guy like that gets to make films, still. 

Whether a studio gives him that sort of budget again for his type of film is debatable.

It lost a lot of money(it was probably always going to based on the film he was always going to make  and size of budget. 

On 9/7/2022 at 11:47 AM, Jigsaw666 said:

Fall

Very basic story, two burds get stuck up a pole. Well made for what it is and good decision to keep it short (80mins). Being one who is not keen on heights it is well enough filmed to portray that well. No tits.

Just watched this with a group of colleagues in the Control Room (nightshift), had us all glued to the screen with some nervous comments/statements from some and no doubt sweaty palms (8/10).

• 1 month later...

The Menu

Getting good reviews, horror/comedy but fairly subtle in both. Piss take of pretentious pricks who go to a restaurant and pay £££s for a wee blob in the middle of a plate along with chefs who are up their own arse. I thought it was entertaining enough to begin with but got a bit bored with it by about 3/4s in.

• 2 weeks later...