Films

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
On 2/1/2023 at 5:53 AM, Poodler said:

Under the skin (2013)

Scarlett Johansson drives about glasgow luring Glaswegians to death. She’s nude in it a lot.

absolutely awful film. 

but ScarJo nude? 10/10

Load of shite that film.  

One of the boys she seduces and kills in it is bizarrely wearing a Hibs top.  Sadly it wasn't me. 

Banshees Of Inisherin.   Bloody good caper thon.  10/10. 

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Load of shite that film.  

One of the boys she seduces and kills in it is bizarrely wearing a Hibs top.  Sadly it wasn't me. 

Under The Skin is brutally shite. 

Banshees of Inisherin is great .

*I read somewhere that Scarlett thought Glasgow was the worst place she'd ever been to 😄 

Stuck up Jewish/Scandi ride 

Knock At The Cabin.

An M Night Shyamalan flick. For all the world comes across like a Stephen King short story, only it isn't. Can't say I liked it much and as ever with Shyamalan it's all about the twist at the end. Had a go at guessing, got it wrong but didn't care anyway as I'd have been quite happy if they all had died. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
23 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Under The Skin is brutally shite. 

Banshees of Inisherin is great .

*I read somewhere that Scarlett thought Glasgow was the worst place she'd ever been to 😄 

Stuck up Jewish/Scandi ride 

Probably the film casting cunts took her to Parkhead. 

On 2/2/2023 at 3:10 PM, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Load of shite that film.  

Banshees is alright. Nice to see a meaningful movie. Independent theatre here was crowded for this

2 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I'm not sure what your point is? If this 22 year old film was somehow on your bucket list, then apologies for spoiler, but surely we all know by now that any film containing Sean Bean invariably involves him dying?

Ah yer young!

For me, Sean Bean is Richard Sharpe and he doesn't die!!

(Never died in Viz either btw).

5 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Whit?! It's a classic!

Agreed, shame the sequel didn't match up.

3 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

Ah yer young!

For me, Sean Bean is Richard Sharpe and he doesn't die!!

(Never died in Viz either btw).

I loved Sharpe as a kid, still do. The exception doesn't disprove the rule, sadly.

2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Yeah the sequel was v poor

For me, it's a game of two halves. It can't seem to decide whether it wanted to mirror the first (the first half is very similar, albeit in LA instead of New York) or break out and be different (the second half does this, but kinda jumps the shark a little). 

I wonder if maybe the 15 year gap was a problem and that if they'd done a sequel a decade earlier, it may have carried more momentum?

3 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

For me, it's a game of two halves. It can't seem to decide whether it wanted to mirror the first (the first half is very similar, albeit in LA instead of New York) or break out and be different (the second half does this, but kinda jumps the shark a little). 

I wonder if maybe the 15 year gap was a problem and that if they'd done a sequel a decade earlier, it may have carried more momentum?

Yeah agree. It was almost like a remake of the original. The special effects didn't help it one bit - they were really poor. 

• Upvote 1
Guest Grays Babylon 1875
4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Yes it's utterly atrocious. 

But... there's a bear..  and he's on cocaine..   cocaine bear...