Films

Agreed.

Good Will Hunting is a belter as well. It's one of those films I never tire of watching - always grips you for some reason, even though you know how it ends...

Indeed. Amazing debut film by Damon and Affleck

Sean: So if I asked you about art, you’d probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life’s work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I’ll bet you can’t tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You’ve never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that.

If I ask you about women, you’d probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can’t tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy.

You’re a tough kid. And I’d ask you about war, you’d probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, “once more unto the breach dear friends.” But you’ve never been near one. You’ve never held your best friend’s head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help.

I’d ask you about love, you’d probably quote me a sonnet. But you’ve never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn’t know what it’s like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn’t know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms “visiting hours” don’t apply to you. You don’t know about real loss, ’cause it only occurs when you’ve loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you’ve ever dared to love anybody that much.

And look at you… I don’t see an intelligent, confident man… I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you’re a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my fucking life apart. You’re an orphan right?

Zodiac.

Ace film, the director obviously realised that they story itself is interesting enough there's no need to sensationalise anything.

How the hell did you enjoy that film min? I went to the cinema to see it and felt like i'd lost the will to live. Incredibly boring.

How the hell did you enjoy that film min? I went to the cinema to see it and felt like i'd lost the will to live. Incredibly boring.

Watched it with my mum and dad. My mum felt the same as you.

Me and my dad were enthralled by it, fantastic film IMO.

I was interested and had read about the Zodiac before and always found the case really, really interesting. I'm not sure if that made a difference. However, I also found The Social Network (same director) to be a good film (prefer Zodiac, though), my mum hated that as well.

I have always meant to watch Se7en, (David Fincher, again) but never got round to it.

I was interested and had read about the Zodiac before and always found the case really, really interesting. I'm not sure if that made a difference. However, I also found The Social Network (same director) to be a good film (prefer Zodiac, though), my mum hated that as well.

I have always meant to watch Se7en, (David Fincher, again) but never got round to it.

The Social Network is brilliant IMO.

Now THAT'S a film. That's why i was so disappointed in Zodiac as i also love Fight Club too, another Fincher film

Green Lantern: 10/10. An intrerseting and thought provoking morality tale.

Iron Sky10/10 A grim look at would could be our not too distant future and the disconnect between the populus and politicians also includes a look at where their increasing use of spin could take us.

Watched cowboys and aliens last night.

A complex film with a simple premise. Many undercurrents in this film, some dark, some of hope all of them good.

I'll start with the most obvious which of course was that although technology can improve our lives we need to be careful to not become to reliant on it or it may turn out that it has destroyed some of the unique things that make us humans.

The second hidden meaning was easily identified as well with a warning about our heavy use of natural resources and the damage it is doing to the planet as a whole.

The third and for this review final one was that humans of all colours, creeds and nations can and do band together in a time of crises but sadly after the crisis has passed who go back to killing one another. This film asks the question why does it need to be like this for us to put our prejudice aside?

Overall 10/10

I'm going to watch a few films that are deemed as classics that I have ashamedly never seen before, I watched Good Will Hunting for the first time last night - fucking brilliant, 9/10. Robin Williams acting was pretty decent as well, especially his speech.

Godfather II is up next, see if it can live up to the hype.

Tropic Thunder - 4/10

I thought it was funny as fuck, 7/10 from me.

Green Lantern: 10/10. An intrerseting and thought provoking morality tale.

Iron Sky10/10 A grim look at would could be our not too distant future and the disconnect between the populus and politicians also includes a look at where their increasing use of spin could take us.

Watched cowboys and aliens last night.

A complex film with a simple premise. Many undercurrents in this film, some dark, some of hope all of them good.

I'll start with the most obvious which of course was that although technology can improve our lives we need to be careful to not become to reliant on it or it may turn out that it has destroyed some of the unique things that make us humans.

The second hidden meaning was easily identified as well with a warning about our heavy use of natural resources and the damage it is doing to the planet as a whole.

The third and for this review final one was that humans of all colours, creeds and nations can and do band together in a time of crises but sadly after the crisis has passed who go back to killing one another. This film asks the question why does it need to be like this for us to put our prejudice aside?

Overall 10/10

Every one of those films I've not watched as I've hear they are gash.

Can only assume you are fishing.