Lets All Laugh At The Arabs

Well, two european games but you know what I meant.

Just a thought, but how did you guys do in the SPL when you had a good run in the Uefa Cup a couple of years back? Can't be arsed checking.

That was in fact last season, and we finished fourth. We still managed to grind out decent league results despite the Euro campaign and even shocked ourselves by thumping Hibs 2 days after coming back from Madrid. We also drew 0-0 with the Huns immediately after the epic win against Copenhagen.

That was in fact last season, and we finished fourth. We still managed to grind out decent league results despite the Euro campaign and even shocked ourselves by thumping Hibs 2 days after coming back from Madrid. We also drew 0-0 with the Huns immediately after the epic win against Copenhagen.

We also got pummped 4-1 in the CIS cup semi and horsed out of the scottish cup by QotS in the semi.

We also got pummped 4-1 in the CIS cup semi and horsed out of the scottish cup by QotS in the semi.

We were well out of Europe by the time the QotS match happened - besides that was the cup, and if you look at BFA's question he was asking how the Euro campaign affected us in the SPL.

And yes it was 1-1 v Rangers - memory not what it used to be....!

It wasn't the games after playing in the UEFA cup that were the problem, it was the games we played immediately beforehand. It was as if all the players had one eye on the big game ahead and none of the them wanted to get injured.

There's no doubt the UEFA affected our league results while we were in it, but we picked up a bit after we got knocked out.

• 4 years later...

I really rate the young lad Gauld. He's not your typical big bruiser who looks 28 at 17 who is head and shoulders above his peers due to his physicality. If anything he looks about 15 he's so slight. I wish we had a young forward coming through like him!

I agree, he is a good player, but linking him with Real Madrid is just laughable. Hope the loon is able to laugh it off too.

He's signed with them till 2016, so at least if a bid comes in for him they should get decent money - take note AFC board! We probably lost Fraser, Fyvie and Grimmer for less than a million...