Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

TBF, Mayweather took him apart with his speed. Khan is fast, and if he plays the same kind of fight could well win.

Thon Cuban Lara took Saul to a split decision recently.

Hopefully Khan gets spanked.

Mayweather has a great defence though. Khan has none.

I think this is Khan's get out plan. Hassled Mayweather and Pacman for a fight, didn't get it. WAs mandatory to fight Garcia, loads of money on the table to fight Brook but he takes this one. He's moving up two weight and Canelo is moving down to fight at catchweight. Bizarre.

He'll have an oxygen mask on by 9th round.

Khan honestly can't win with some people it would seem, plenty saying he's dodging Brook then slagging him for taking a bigger, tougher fight, this has potential to be one of the best fights for a long time, contrasting styles, question marks over both fights, should be a classic.

He's dodging Brook to lose to someone else for more money.

I don't like Khan, but I respect any pro boxer who is willing to step in to the ring. You're right, potentially Khan does have the tools to beat Canelo. The problem is he has had the tools to beat every single fighter he's stepped in with. The problem is he's too proud, rather than standing and trading he should learn to hold and cover up. His fights are almost always exciting for that reason, but it won't do his brain any good when he's an old man.

He's dodging Brook to lose to someone else for more money.

I don't like Khan, but I respect any pro boxer who is willing to step in to the ring. You're right, potentially Khan does have the tools to beat Canelo. The problem is he has had the tools to beat every single fighter he's stepped in with. The problem is he's too proud, rather than standing and trading he should learn to hold and cover up. His fights are almost always exciting for that reason, but it won't do his brain any good when he's an old man.

Thing is, i don't think he is dodging Brook, he'd beat him, there's loads of questions about his career, more so than Khans, I can't disagree with your second part though about him standing and trading, it's frustrating to watch him do that when he should just grab on and ride it oot.

Thing is, i don't think he is dodging Brook, he'd beat him, there's loads of questions about his career, more so than Khans, I can't disagree with your second part though about him standing and trading, it's frustrating to watch him do that when he should just grab on and ride it oot.

I don't think he beats Brook, because Brook would make it a scrap. He's dodging him as it's high risk.

A fight that defines Khan is the Maidana one. He was brilliant, until he got tagged a couple of times. He then stood toe to toe with Maidana and had wet noodle legs several times. By the end he was lucky to have gotten to 12 rounds, never mind win.

I'd have a lot more time for him if he didn't spout nonsense every time he opens his mouth.

Having spent a fair chunk of yesterday thinking about I don't think he is, he can win this if he boxes smart and sticks to the plan they devise for him.

he's nowhere near smart enough or talented enough to win this. He was babbling on about Mayweather yesterday and his his game plan worked against Alvarez. That's because Mayweather is one of the greatest of all time, it wasn't just because of his game plan.

Khan has already been smashed by guys who are inferior to Alvarez so how he thinks he can win this is beyond me. I hope he gets battered and we don't hear from him again.

Floyd Mayweather is appearing in Glasgow tommorrow night, it seems to be a talk / Q&A session about his good self hosted by Johnny Nelson.

Tickets range from about £200 - £500 (aye right!).

Why would someone of his wealth be doing this? Sure he will net a pretty penny, but mere loose change to him.

Hes also appearing in London, Sheffield and Birmingham.

I saw it on a billboard a week or two ago, and just checked and it is indeed going ahead.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Floyd-Mayweather-tickets/artist/11275?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

• 4 weeks later...

Was an ok fight, think the hype clouded a lot of peoples views on this and that's why it didn't seem to be as good a fight as most had hoped for, Frampton is a very clever fighter he done enough to win it without looking great, Quigg had 3 superb rounds from 8-11 then Frampton fought well in the last to cap it off.

• 4 weeks later...

Eubank jnr fight was a masterclass, not got the power of his old man but he took the Blackwell guy apart methodically, future World champion I hope.

Hoping Blackwell makes a full recovery but doubt he'll see a boxing ring again, fight should have been stopped way earlier, I'm no boxing expert but even I was questioning why it wasn't stopped at least a couple rounds earlier, was only going to be one winner, Blackwells corner need to have a look at themselves and well done to Eubank snr for his efforts to stop the guy getting hurt more.