Andy Bagshaw

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old styled Scottish managers and in general old style managers are wrecking the future careers of too many players by playing them out of position, seems to have happened with Bagshaw abit and he has taken a massive drop, also much more out there who were in the same boat.

Old styled Scottish managers and in general old style managers are wrecking the future careers of too many players by playing them out of position, seems to have happened with Bagshaw abit and he has taken a massive drop, also much more out there who were in the same boat.

Did you see him play regularly? Our coaching staff, DOF and Peterhead don't seem to think he made the grade. I doubt Jimmy Calderwood ever even saw him play.

That lads are sh*t, lets accept it.

I saw him play a few times for the then under 19s, he was head and shoulders above the rest, then at reserve level he was put in midfield, when he is really a striker, he had alot of expectation on him aswell which can't be good at that age yet never really got a chance to prove himself in his natural position. Obviously now somethings have changed and he hasn't been able to adapt to change and make a comeback, shame really.

So what you are saying is that Bagshaw was played out of position and that made him completely lose his ability to the point where he is not good enough for the second division. You then seem to state that this happens regularly with old style managers. Can you provide more examples for our consideration or are you talking pish?

If the boy was that talented he would have proved himself at Peterhead.

It would have knocked him back quite abit, he must have not had the abilty to bounce back.

Others players that have started the decline I;d say are Fleck at Rangers, Smith was playing him as a winger and he looked affa poor, Wengers with Walcott, the guy was a fantatsic prospect as a striker yet he along with Capello and Pearce see him as winger where he seems to be rather poor in my opinion, won't live up to his original hype, also up until Calderwood left I saw Maguire ready to fall out of the SPL and just plumit, striker who was also played out of position and looked to have been going backwards, I suppose though they are the ones with their badges I am simple a football fan who obviously sees alot of things differently.

It would have knocked him back quite abit, he must have not had the abilty to bounce back.

Others players that have started the decline I;d say are Fleck at Rangers, Smith was playing him as a winger and he looked affa poor, Wengers with Walcott, the guy was a fantatsic prospect as a striker yet he along with Capello and Pearce see him as winger where he seems to be rather poor in my opinion, won't live up to his original hype, also up until Calderwood left I saw Maguire ready to fall out of the SPL and just plumit, striker who was also played out of position and looked to have been going backwards, I suppose though they are the ones with their badges I am simple a football fan who obviously sees alot of things differently.

Well there you go. Not up to standard.

The reason a lot of young strikers and put onto the wing is to develop their game further, aswell as lift a lot of the expectation off of them. Strikers are meant to score. If Fleck played upfront for Rangers 5 times in a row and didn't score their would be a lot of muttering under the breath. Imagine being 16 and hearing 50,000 people groun and swear at you because you skied a ball.

The reason a lot of young strikers and put onto the wing is to develop their game further, aswell as lift a lot of the expectation off of them. Strikers are meant to score. If Fleck played upfront for Rangers 5 times in a row and didn't score their would be a lot of muttering under the breath. Imagine being 16 and hearing 50,000 people groun and swear at you because you skied a ball.

Man when Fleck came on the scene the hype was unbelieveable from the media they went totally overboard i thought this guy is the new Kenny Dalglish or something

Obviously he couldn't live up to the hype and fell out of the Huns first 11 but it wasn't that his play was any worse imo it was just that he was well over hyped in the first place same as a lot of young players are.

Man when Fleck came on the scene the hype was unbelieveable from the media they went totally overboard i thought this guy is the new Kenny Dalglish or something

Obviously he couldn't live up to the hype and fell out of the Huns first 11 but it wasn't that his play was any worse imo it was just that he was well over hyped in the first place same as a lot of young players are.

Very true, Maguire was the best talent since Jess and Mackie was our Owen going by reports in their first season.

Bagshaw was the best at youth because he was bigger and stronger than everyone else at that age group. Now he's older, he isn't. And, he's a w*nker. I wish these Bagshaw arguments didn't keep popping up, who cares, get to f**k and enjoy playing for Elgin City.

The only manager that rated him was Paterson and that says a lot.

Signed on by Paterson let go by Calderwood, Signed by Paterson let go by Cooper.

As far as I know Paterson is a social worker now, maybe he will get a job there too?

Thats a load of sh*te for a start, there was many teams in for him just before he signed for Aberdeen, a lot bigger clubs as well which looking back but Paterson managed to get him. There was quite a few mistakes made at Aberdeen with regards to Bagshaw. When Jimmy become boss he took Bagshaw on tour, he wasn't ready to be with the first team yet, mistake no 2 which is the biggest mistake imho was playing him out of position like in Midfield because Aberdeen U19's didn't have anyone that played that position at the time. This really hindered the lads career i think but i was hoping he managed to it back on track with Peterhead but obviously not.

I saw him play a few times for the then under 19s, he was head and shoulders above the rest, then at reserve level he was put in midfield, when he is really a striker, he had alot of expectation on him aswell which can't be good at that age yet never really got a chance to prove himself in his natural position. Obviously now somethings have changed and he hasn't been able to adapt to change and make a comeback, shame really.

thats one argument i dont really buy.

expectation will always be big for any potential talent at a club like AFC considering the youth players that used to come through.

they should learn to deal with it.

thats one argument i dont really buy.

expectation will always be big for any potential talent at a club like AFC considering the youth players that used to come through.

they should learn to deal with it.

Mackie as a youngster had lots of expectation, what has he now done? Next to nothing, infact he has went backwards, Stephen Payne was hailed as the next Beckham, now doing nothing, Maguire was the white pele 3 years ago, he hasn't furthered his career much. All of the above have been subject to massive media hype.

Mackie as a youngster had lots of expectation, what has he now done? Next to nothing, infact he has went backwards, Stephen Payne was hailed as the next Beckham, now doing nothing, Maguire was the white pele 3 years ago, he hasn't furthered his career much. All of the above have been subject to massive media hype.

aye its the medias fault that the above players are shyte

I agree but it doesn't help when their manager also fills their heads with shiot about it too, like JC with CM.

any young player with common sense should know that to make it they need to knuckle down and not belive any hype. concentrate fully on their fitness, strength and develop their talent. they should not act like the big man about town and think they have made it already. they also dont need to be in the local rag every week telling us why he deserves a chance.

the above is why i do not think Chris maguire will ever fulfil his potential. i hope i'm wrong though

any young player with common sense should know that to make it they need to knuckle down and not belive any hype. concentrate fully on their fitness, strength and develop their talent. they should not act like the big man about town and think they have made it already. they also dont need to be in the local rag every week telling us why he deserves a chance.

the above is why i do not think Chris maguire will ever fulfil his potential. i hope i'm wrong though

Bagshaw suffered from the same sort of inflated ego.

Thats a load of sh*te for a start, there was many teams in for him just before he signed for Aberdeen, a lot bigger clubs as well which looking back but Paterson managed to get him. There was quite a few mistakes made at Aberdeen with regards to Bagshaw. When Jimmy become boss he took Bagshaw on tour, he wasn't ready to be with the first team yet, mistake no 2 which is the biggest mistake imho was playing him out of position like in Midfield because Aberdeen U19's didn't have anyone that played that position at the time. This really hindered the lads career i think but i was hoping he managed to it back on track with Peterhead but obviously not.

Spot on, pretty sure he was only 17 when he went with them on tour

Bagshaw suffered from the same sort of inflated ego.

I know a fair few folk that have "bumped" into him.

In fact, I thought it was common knowledge that he had an inflated ego.

"Brownie" you are coming across as a right bitter c**t. You haven't met him yet you happy to say he's this and that; jealous of the chances he got? I've know him well for years and all this inflated ego, acts like a w*nker in town is absolue kak

Guest SS RED
Hes an aerse giving it the big I am funny used see him in the priory all the time. sure be giving it the big I am still playing for Sunnybank.

Was there not a thread a while ago about where all or ex youth players went that got released?

lol