Pet Hates

StandFree1982

The two times I got in a taxi in Edinburgh recently neither boy took me where I wanted to go. 

First foreign gadgie don't think knew where Brewdog was and it was all too much hassle so just took us onto the massive street I said it was on and said he couldn't take us any further. 

Second boy, it was a one way street and he was at the wrong end and couldn't be arsed going all the way round. To be fair I'm sure if I asked he would of took us, but I wasn't fussed about a 1 minute walk. 

Tipped the 2nd lad, can't remember about the first. 

Tipping these days (in the UK) is pointless for a number of reasons

1.  In the UK, we have a minimum wage. Therefore people aren't relying on tips as a "wage" 
  2. The minimum wage these days is over £7. 
  3.  Add to the fact that we feel the need to tip some industries, but not others. 
  4. You're effectively paying someone money for "doing their job". That's the employers job, not ours. 

It's up there with kicking the ball out when there's an injury. It's not a "legal" thing, but everyone thinks they have to do it and people complaining when you don;t.

Tipping these days (in the UK) is pointless for a number of reasons

• In the UK, we have a minimum wage. Therefore people aren't relying on tips as a "wage"
  • The minimum wage these days is over £7.
  • Add to the fact that we feel the need to tip some industries, but not others.
  • You're effectively paying someone money for "doing their job". That's the employers job, not ours.
It's up there with kicking the ball out when there's an injury. It's not a "legal" thing, but everyone thinks they have to do it and people complaining when you don;t.

Bunging some cunt a few quid for good service isn't 'pointless'

Don't tip cabbies though. I know a few and they make a fucking fortune.