Pet Hates

StandFree1982

Tipping these days (in the UK) is pointless for a number of reasons

• In the UK, we have a minimum wage. Therefore people aren't relying on tips as a "wage"
  • The minimum wage these days is over £7.
  • Add to the fact that we feel the need to tip some industries, but not others.
  • You're effectively paying someone money for "doing their job". That's the employers job, not ours.
It's up there with kicking the ball out when there's an injury. It's not a "legal" thing, but everyone thinks they have to do it and people complaining when you don;t.
Jesus. Don’t know where to start there. :clangers2:

If your restaurant bill came to £67 would you hand over £70 and take home all your change?

Someone in a restaurant works long shifts, has to put up with all manner of customer gripes, on their feet all day/night and most likely have breakages (either customer of their fault) taken off their wages/tips and you grudge a couple of quid for good service?

Incredible.

If your restaurant bill came to £67 would you hand over £70 and take home all your change?

Someone in a restaurant works long shifts, has to put up with all manner of customer gripes, on their feet all day/night and most likely have breakages (either customer of their fault) taken off their wages/tips and you grudge a couple of quid for good service?

Incredible.

You imagine being out on a mad een with moth man there? Holy moly as you would say.

Incredible.

I assume you go around tipping everyone?

Tip the cashier at the shop when you buy a paper? 

Tip the bus driver? Someone who takes a lot of shit from customers. 

Tip the woman that serves you at Asda?  If you've ever worked in a supermarket over xmas will know it's a horrendous experience.

Tip someone else at work who's doing a bit of work for you?

Tip the guy at the cinema who tears your ticket? They've been on their feet all day as well. 

I usually tip at restaurants, but it feels more out of necessity than anything else, which is wrong. 

Tip the woman that serves you at Asda? If you've ever worked in a supermarket over xmas will know it's a horrendous experience.

Tip the guy at the cinema who tears your ticket? They've been on their feet all day as well.

I usually tip at restaurants, but it feels more out of necessity than anything else, which is wrong.

You'll give Aberdonians a bad rep.

Tip the woman that serves you at Asda? If you've ever worked in a supermarket over xmas will know it's a horrendous experience.

No. Restaurant. Taxi if fare is close to a £5 or £10 fare. £8. Keep the change. £6. Change required.

Not tipping in a restaurant is incredibly bad form.

Shit like this headline on BBC News:

"Fund to boost female and black physicist numbers"

They are giving bursaries to blacks and females to become physicists, under any other guise this would be blatant racist / sexist. 

Racism in favour of "minorities" is not racism, it's "equality".

Shit like this headline on BBC News:

"Fund to boost female and black physicist numbers"

They are giving bursaries to blacks and females to become physicists, under any other guise this would be blatant racist / sexist.

There was no bursary to help poodles become a nurse. He got there by sucking the right cocks all by himself.

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

Fucking charity adverts on the telly. My wee laddie gets really upset at some of them. Grubbing cunts.

Me too. That cleft palate mutants are always on at teatime.