Pet Hates

StandFree1982

2 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Just to contradict my argument about it being pish, I used to sometimes help out at fives at work for the birds  5s if they couldn’t get numbers. Obviously just sat at the back and made zero challenges and passed the ball but there was one lassie who was pretty good and you had to be wary of getting a meg. Would have two footed her if that had happened.

So you were the 2nd best player in a women's five-a-side game? 

23 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

It is pish viewing - they shouldnae be playing on full size pitches / full size goals to start with. But crack on with women's fitba if it floats your boat.

I don't believe for a minute the airtime it gets is anywhere near proportionate to the audience demand. I'm certain easily over 90% of UK fitba audiences, at grounds or TV have no interest in watching women's fitba. The whole thing's forced on the audience rather than driven by audience demand.

Aye,  market forces don't seem to apply to womans fitba. Or womans sport generally.  The tennis players, athletes etc. are just hanging onto the mens coat tails. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I don't get the attempts to equate men's and women's football. They're different completely, why try and compare them? 
I find it strange folk are so keen to slag it off, when it never happens in other sports. No one slaughters the women power lifters, for example, for being much weaker than the men, nor slags them women's 100m gold medalist for being much slower than the men's  

They've fucked themselves up a bit by tagging onto the men's game imo. Glasgow City excepted they've insisted upon being part of existing clubs and moaned about lack of investment, pay equality etc. 

Start your own clubs, attract your own crowds and stop fucking moaning

Ha ha, no I’m pretty sure I was the best. There was some complete dicks sometimes though, one boy turned up and would be smashing the smash the ball in from 5 yards against a wifie keeper. Ffs, we’re only here to help out with numbers and give them a bit of guidance, there’s nae scouts from Barcelona watching.

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

Aye,  market forces don't seem to apply to womans fitba. Or womans sport generally.  The tennis players, athletes etc. are just hanging onto the mens coat tails. 

Women tennis players effectively get paid more than the men.

Equal pay I’m sure, and they play best of 3 to the men’s best of 5 sets. 

Games done in under an hour, men’s tennis regularly 4 hours plus. 

2 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Ha ha, no I’m pretty sure I was the best. There was some complete dicks sometimes though, one boy turned up and would be smashing the smash the ball in from 5 yards against a wifie keeper. Ffs, we’re only here to help out with numbers and give them a bit of guidance, there’s nae scouts from Barcelona watching.

Equality in practice. Have you considered that you were just being a sexist pig? Or were you trying your hardest and still nae able to score?

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They've fucked themselves up a bit by tagging onto the men's game imo. Glasgow City excepted they've insisted upon being part of existing clubs and moaned about lack of investment, pay equality etc. 

Start your own clubs, attract your own crowds and stop fucking moaning

Correct Moobster.

'Oh give us more money we couldn't make ourselves because it might help us'

Fuck off.

This gets on my fucking tits. 

Her "Look at the dog!"

I go look at the dog, it's not doing a fucking thing. 

Me "What am I supposed to be seeing here, exactly?"

Her "...Isn't she cute?"

Me "Go fuck yourself, you stupid cunt"

This happens at least once every couple of days. 

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

This gets on my fucking tits. 

Her "Look at the dog!"

I go look at the dog, it's not doing a fucking thing. 

Me "What am I supposed to be seeing here, exactly?"

Her "...Isn't she cute?"

Me "Go fuck yourself, you stupid cunt"

This happens at least once every couple of days. 

One of them has to go 

33 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Equality in practice. Have you considered that you were just being a sexist pig? Or were you trying your hardest and still nae able to score?

Ha, na genuinely just helping them out. Nae sure if anyone coaches their kids on here but I just find it amazing how mental folk are. I just find it bizzare  how stupid folk are, just give advice whether it be young boys, girls, women and if they have the talent it will shine through. Winds me up when you meet parents or coaches suddenly think they are the new Fergie. Get your coaching badges if you are that good or just let have folk have fun and enjoy playing football.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I never said it's pish or isn't pish. I'm just saying it's completely different to men's football and comparing them is daft IMO. 

It gets compared as the media compare it with men's. Look at the stuff with the Brazilian female being 'top scorer' at world cups, for example

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

This Leeds thing has really blown up. It's a shame they can't even defend themselves. 

it's not even freedom of speech, she was just plain wrong. It's ok for them to pull anyone up for it, female or male (there are no other sexes ?)

They wouldn't have sent that about the punditry big hitters cos they would be like eh fuck off you little nothing club.

A neville or carragher would clap back
Someone would have to show keane but I wouldn't imagine he'd give it much thought if they did. 

2 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

They wouldn't have sent that about the punditry big hitters cos they would be like eh fuck off you little nothing club.

A neville or carragher would clap back
Someone would have to show keane but I wouldn't imagine he'd give it much thought if they did. 

Carragher may have spat at them. Mind that? Got off with it too ???