Formula One 2011

New season coming up - must say really looking forward to it as no major losses amongst drivers and plenty of potential needle. Ferrari need to step up, Mercedes surely will have an improvement but is Schumacher too old? McLaren will have a point to prove as will Mark Webber.

It's hard to defend a title but presuming the Renault engine works both Red Bull and Vettel have a good chance... and Renault are now British and will if they win have the UK National Anthem.

Roll on 2011!

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping Paul Di Resta in the Force India gives a good account of himself, as by all accounts he's a better driver that Vettel. How will naming rights Team Lotus and Lotus Racing pan out that will be a good one and I've always had a soft spot for Williams and hope that they have a decent year.

It will be the same as last season, the big three in Ferrari, McLaren & Red Bull but Mercedes may be the Mac City of the bunch and cause a few upsets but Shumacher needs a decent car.

Things have moved on and the current crop of drivers do not view Shumacher with the same fear the likes of Hill, Coulthard, Alesi etc did

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Quiet thread but I've really enjoyed this season so far. The tyre wear developments have enhanced the racing given that we're unlikely to uninvent aerodynamics and the effect they have on keeping the cars behind behind.

Red Bull still seem to have the best overall package and Webber drove a stormer in the last race but both Mercedes and Maclaren were able to keep in the race and it was good to see Lewis go past Vettel. Also been very impressed by Di Resta, Sutil is no mug and for a rookie to be outqualifying and outpacing is impressive; definite hope for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting bored of Vettel already. Mclaren/Ferrari need to start competing in qualifying.

At the end of the race, did anyone catch what Webber was describing as 'f**king Horrible'

Vettel is a funny guy considering hes German.

I dont mind him, rather he wins than button or hamilton tbh.

Im still rooting for Rosberg this season though. Hopefully he can learn from Schumacher but i think were seeing the beginning of the next era of dominance in Vettel

• 3 weeks later...

Getting bored of Vettel already. Mclaren/Ferrari need to start competing in qualifying.

At the end of the race, did anyone catch what Webber was describing as 'f**king Horrible'

Yep,getting very boring now. Season practically over already.

• 3 weeks later...

didnt like button copying the vettel no1 celebration right under his nose. especially when hes made it clear he doesnt like that vettel keeps doing it. dick move and showed a real lack of class imo.

stupid how many times the safety came out. ruined vettels day

didnt like button copying the vettel no1 celebration right under his nose. especially when hes made it clear he doesnt like that vettel keeps doing it. dick move and showed a real lack of class imo.

stupid how many times the safety came out. ruined vettels day

I thought it was funny to be fair after him criticising vettel (jokingly it must be said) for always doing it squint so button showed him how it should be done. I can't stand Vettel. Not really his fault but the way red bull treated webber in favour o the we nyaff last season at points was nothing short of shocking and I like webber.

Button drove what must be the race of his life. All the way from the back to win the race is some going. there was a cheer in castle coppenstein when we saw vettel had lost it.

Vettel?

Cracking driver.

He's a good driver... in a brilliant car. Any one of 5 drivers would be in his position if they were driving a Red Bull...

I think he had every right to go for that move, was just really unlucky.

Hamilton is what makes F1 exciting these days...

Cracking result. Cracking race. Cracking for F1 after the delay. Vettel's a whimpering fud. Post race interview said button couldn't have passed him. Think with DRS on last straight he'd of got 1st (just like Massa passing Kobayashi).

Agreed 100%

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed the GP yesterday - nice to see someone finally getting one over on Vettel - it'll be interesting to see how Ferrari/Alonso do over the next few races.

Shame for Jenson; guess somone will be geetting kicked up and down the stairs at Maclaren - and wonderful finish by Lewis - some proper racing to the line.

Mark Webber i guess will be on the way out of Red Bull this season but probably was anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

great race today, Hamilton was awesome.

He was superb, one move where Webber came up his right side and Lewis just forced him out of line abit, like almost right off the track and Webber had to back off, Hamiltons style is just soo good at times, risky but if it wins you races then why change it.