Formula One 2011

Formula One has been dying for probably the last 3 years, this year being the biggest joke.

Cars saying 'oh we'll settle for 10th place and not go through the qualifying to save fuel'.

It's a joke of a sport now.

I know many people who used to sit down on a Sunday and love watching it (myself included) - now, they've just changed too much and it's not worth watching.

It doesn't have the appeal it once had, I know many people in this position.

And I saw an 'unofficial viewing figures' and it was well down in the UK.

Cars who'll settle for 10th are the ones not worth watching anyway. The big guns will be going for pole.

The race in Canada this year was one of the best Grand Prix's i've ever watched. The only thing you need to make F1 one better - rain.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say it has been a great season, if only the title fight was a little closer. DRS has improved things greatly, I just don't agree with people claiming it is too artificial. Just about every overtake I have seen this season where a car has used DRS to get by the car who got by goes on to pull away from the overtaken car, this to me helps cars and drivers find their true positions come the end as drivers races aren't compromised by being stuck behind a slower car for however many laps. Also it has shaken things up when it comes to race strategies as teams can vary their strategy knowing they are capable of overtaking slower cars who might be on different strategies.

Bring on 2012, hopefully there's a little more competition at the front.

• 1 month later...

Well as someone who appreciates the Gowf I'm sure you can understand and see the true value for money that the BBC got for this weeks coverage of the Womens British Open. :ThumbsDown:

Agreed, showing that garbage while dropping stuff like F1 is a joke.

If the BBC would rather spend their money giving us live action from the world swimming championships in China or some archery tournament from who knows where (all on the red button) then they are not spending the license fee money we all pay as it should be spent. They don't have a duty to show a deverse array of sports as they don't have the money to do that, they should be going with the majority and spend money on popular sports so at least a fair amount of us can enjoy the coverage we all pay for. Let satellite channels show these other sports, they have subscribers who will pay to watch these events through choice.

exactly.

Formula One has been dying for probably the last 3 years, this year being the biggest joke.

Cars saying 'oh we'll settle for 10th place and not go through the qualifying to save fuel'.

It's a joke of a sport now.

I know many people who used to sit down on a Sunday and love watching it (myself included) - now, they've just changed too much and it's not worth watching.

It doesn't have the appeal it once had, I know many people in this position.

Utter nonsense min. This year has been pish, but the two preceding years when BBC got it back were the best F1 since ITV took the rights way back just as Schumacher was coming to prominence.

I don't think you're old enough to remember proper F1 when it was actually good, 2009 & 2010 showed some signs of a return to that, sadly Vettel this year has just reverted us back to a boring German winning week after week.

In a way it's almost funny SKY coming on board now, there's probably never been less appetite for anyone to pay to watch F1 after the procession we've just seen this year, wouldn't be at all surprised to see ppv dropped after one year.

It's a subscription channel, it will not be free. They just havn't announced how much they intend ripping you off for yet.

I read that it will be free to subscribers to SKY Sports 1 & 2.

Martin Brundle has announced he'll be working for SKY.

Thought him and DC were a good commentary team. I'll await someone to come along and tell me how much of a twat one of them (or both) is :rolleyes::laughing:

Thought him and DC were a good commentary team. I'll await someone to come along and tell me how much of a twat one of them (or both) is :rolleyes::laughing:

Not me, both are indeed excellent.

Yes, website says free to those with subscription to 1&2, normal and HD version.

Shame to break-up the Brundle - DC team though the older bbc format had one F1 driver and interested commentator.

Murray Walker and James Hunt were the best combination.

Let's hope that someone can develop a car that can catch the Red Bull with Vettel in it - he is looking head and shoulders better than the rest.

He'll be hoping Massa's seat opens up at Ferrari in 2013 perhaps?

Lotus GP won't do him any good long term but be good to see him battling with schumacher next season.

I'm not sure how good the Renault was - they accumulated a reasonable number of points with no driver that you could say was even close to being considered beyond competant. Their engine powered the Red Bull, it's a good choice for Kimi - as if he is no longer up to it it shouldn't be too obvious but they are quick enough if he is. Kubica looked very good in the Renault before his accident.