Shares

fine-n-dandy

Oh well Mini, your £200 is now worth about £110 minus fees as well. dropped from your .96 to trading at 0.56 today.

Surprising, as they have 8% share in this Horse Hill discovery at Gatwick, one of the larger partners in this share price went up 300% last week.

If they are able to make this find commercially viable, (and dont go bust due to the current oil market situation) and are able to extract even a fraction of the mentioned volumes, then you may well make some profit,

You should top up your share holding in the company now with another £200 at .56 which would take your average share price = 0.76 excluding fees.

Leave Gordon Gecko to it min.

Invested £1k in them years ago.

Currently sitting at around £2k (just under) after buying & selling them for losses & gains.

Highest I have had them is just over £3k.

Still in profit with them (one of only two in my portfolio that is up well) & expecting/hoping for good things with them eventually.

• 1 month later...

At last, after buying shares in AMC (Amur Mining Corporation) in late 2010 they have finally been given the mining licence from the Russian Government, 450% increase.

Nice one, well worth the wait when you get that sort of rise out of it, my pal has doubled, he was a bit late to the party despite me telling him 3 years ago to buy.

• 3 weeks later...

At last, after buying shares in AMC (Amur Mining Corporation) in late 2010 they have finally been given the mining licence from the Russian Government, 450% increase.

& still climbing.

Really looking good this share finally.

It's the one share I had highest hopes for even though it was in Russia & dodgey to rely on the likes of Putin.

27p at moment & it's been climbing quite steadily over past couple of weeks. Been in the years as well (as you know) & bought them at prices varying from 3.5p up to 11p.

Holding just over 76k shares & will likely sell a good chunk at around mid 30's I think.

You sold up any yet E-P-K?

& still climbing.

Really looking good this share finally.

It's the one share I had highest hopes for even though it was in Russia & dodgey to rely on the likes of Putin.

27p at moment & it's been climbing quite steadily over past couple of weeks. Been in the years as well (as you know) & bought them at prices varying from 3.5p up to 11p.

Holding just over 76k shares & will likely sell a good chunk at around mid 30's I think.

You sold up any yet E-P-K?

Sure did, paid for 2 summer holidays and some boys toys about the house.

Hope it keeps increasing for you, but Im nae greedy, 450% increase is enough for me :)

Sure did, paid for 2 summer holidays and some boys toys about the house.

Hope it keeps increasing for you, but Im nae greedy, 450% increase is enough for me :)

Yeah I am risking it a little by not skimming some now but got to have a wee gamble now & again.

Currently sitting on a seven bagger & hoping for around the elusive ten bagger.

27.75 close the day

I did the elusive ten bagger in a company called Bioprogress once so a word of warning F & D, it's not a profit till the money is safely snuggled in your bank account, I held all the way to the top and all the way down, eventually it bankrupted me as I gambled on spreadbets on the way down, was quite an eye opener. I was 100% convinced it was going to become a huge success, I was wrong.

Also held Asos shares at 5p but sold at something like 7p, if I'd held to the highs I'd be on a yacht in Monaco now.

Hence I get the conundrum but if I was up 450% on something at the least I'd bank my original stake so you can't lose.

I've been out of the market for years now but as I'm sitting on a fair cash pile am going to dabble again soon, looking at Lloyds, think the small pull back just now provides a good entry point, not going to make me rich but I can't see a safer bet out there just now, it should provide not a bad yield medium term.

Yeah been burned a good bit since having my whole investments portfolio up almost 200% in total & being greedy & staying in & watching it all dwindle away to around a 50% loss overall.

Traded this particular share quite a bit & built up my holdings on it. Now sitting on 700% rise on my initial investment & that in turn has put the rest of my investments (most of which are at a loss) in a don't really care about them so much field :laughing:

Yeah I know I'm not in profit until I actually sell but equally i'm not yet at a loss until I sell.

Was all play money really that I was able to accept if I lost but would be nice to have that turn into free money.

Still a good deal of potential in AMC to keep rising over the next while, so will hang around for another while yet & top slice my initial (overall in all shares) investment very soon.

Will probably sell all my shares in them that I have in the wifes account & transfer other company shares from her account into mine (free gift) & close down her acc.

Was recently told that a bunch of my shares were about to 'split', which is apparently good even though it sounds bad to me.

Does anyone really understand any of this investing shit, though... I don't mind admitting that my eyes glaze over any time we have a meeting with our financial sorts. I sit there like a retard, nodding at the wrong parts and pretending I'm keeping up with the incomprehensible shit they're saying

Was recently told that a bunch of my shares were about to 'split', which is apparently good even though it sounds bad to me.

Does anyone really understand any of this investing shit, though... I don't mind admitting that my eyes glaze over any time we have a meeting with our financial sorts. I sit there like a retard, nodding at the wrong parts and pretending I'm keeping up with the incomprehensible shit they're saying

I'm the same. Much more of a gut investor/gambler than actual learned investor.

I research a little but too much research takes a little of the fun out of it for me :laughing:

Besides, I'm a fkn lazy cunt

• 4 months later...

Not if they are incentivised.

Slap bang in the 12 month top / bottom range at the moment. What discount they offering?

I havent got round to reading it yet. My Mum is a stock broker and last time they were available she advised not to... so I would imagine it would be the same now.

I havent got round to reading it yet. My Mum is a stock broker and last time they were available she advised not to... so I would imagine it would be the same now.

If the last time they were available was last week then she's probably right but that's a pretty big leap to imagine they're not worth going for. :laughing: