Wrestling Thread

robbo

thought extreme rules was generally very good last night.

not 1 bad match on the card. poorest was the tag match but everything else was decent and for a change, you didnt know who was going to win every match.

was hopeful for christian so delighted hes won it. also happy that edge didnt hang about and share the limelight. buggered off sharpish so that all the focus was on christian.

country whipping match was terrible but very funny which more than made up for it. michael cole is becoming easier to watch, hes annoying but hes good entertainment.

overall though, very impressed. much better spectacle than wrestlemania

• 3 weeks later...

58 is still no age to die, but in wrestlers terms, it's not really young!

When Batting text me the news I was in work and let out a loud "OH FFS!" this is truely gutting.

Savage vs Warrior at WM8 was it? and vs Steamboat at WM 3 are two great classics!

EDIT: Mania 7 it would appear!

genuinely saddened by this. went on facebook earlier and saw batting71 was now a member of "RIP randy savage" which was the 1st id heard of it.

absolute piss take he wasnt inducted into the hall of fame before this. i know they always like to have someone as a headliner and savage was surely a headliner within the next few years but now its too late.

guys like flair, steamboat, hogan and orndorff (an endless list really from that era) are all in there so its shocking that savage was never given the stage to be appreciated for all he did.

genuinely saddened by this. went on facebook earlier and saw batting71 was now a member of "RIP randy savage" which was the 1st id heard of it.

absolute piss take he wasnt inducted into the hall of fame before this. i know they always like to have someone as a headliner and savage was surely a headliner within the next few years but now its too late.

guys like flair, steamboat, hogan and orndorff (an endless list really from that era) are all in there so its shocking that savage was never given the stage to be appreciated for all he did.

I'm sure I heard something years ago that the only reason Randy Savage is not in the hall of fame is because Vince McMahon hates him - and "allegedly" he took Stephanies virginity? Think there will be too much pressure on Vince now to put him in now - probably next year as second fiddle to The Rocks induction.

Still - RIP Macho Man, him winning the title in the tournament at Wrestlemania IV is my earlier memory of watching the wrestling as a kid.

Randy Savage was everything I love about wrestling. Draped in colour, larger than life, a true character, an exciting firebrand in the ring. A huge loss to wrestling. A legend in the truest sense of the word. RIP.

As for the Hall of Fame, he'll be in there before too long. There are obviously the rumours as to why Vince has issues with him but they had done business together with the release of the Mania VII action figure and him being in the new "Allstars" computer game so it makes it more likely that an appearance in some capacity wasn't too far off.

Utter nutcase. What a man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNBUUhiQm68

Randy Savage was everything I love about wrestling. Draped in colour, larger than life, a true character, an exciting firebrand in the ring. A huge loss to wrestling. A legend in the truest sense of the word. RIP.

As for the Hall of Fame, he'll be in there before too long. There are obviously the rumours as to why Vince has issues with him but they had done business together with the release of the Mania VII action figure and him being in the new "Allstars" computer game so it makes it more likely that an appearance in some capacity wasn't too far off.

Utter nutcase. What a man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNBUUhiQm68

One of, if not my favourite promo of all time! It's just crazy!

PG rating went out the f**king window for this i quit match.

was a little uncomfortable watching. at no point was it actually a contest, just a live torture. was more like the passion of the christ than wwe

certainly wasnt an enjoyable match in any way.

having said that, the whole ppv was again poor.

if you dont watch superstars, can i suggest you start.

its actually getting interesting. not for the storylines because there arent any. its akin to the booking from the old days of turn up and see who your against.

zack ryder is decent

curt hawkins, decent

trent baretta...pretty bloody good tbh

tyson kidd wi armando estrada, very good

fast forward through the raw and smackdown recaps and youve got a solid show without any unnecessary padding

• 2 weeks later...

if you dont watch superstars, can i suggest you start.

its actually getting interesting. not for the storylines because there arent any. its akin to the booking from the old days of turn up and see who your against.

zack ryder is decent

curt hawkins, decent

trent baretta...pretty bloody good tbh

tyson kidd wi armando estrada, very good

fast forward through the raw and smackdown recaps and youve got a solid show without any unnecessary padding

You seen his youtube show?

Woo woo woo.

The rumour at the moment is that WWE want to sign Mick Foley as the Raw GM. It would be funny because he's been in TNA "Impact Wrestling" so long, but at this point he's about the only viable option, plus he was the Commissioner a very long time ago.

He was BRILLIANT as Commissioner Foley all those years ago. The cheap pops he got never failed to entertain me.

Macho man randy savage died today. A true wrestling great. RIP.

Poor Macho Man Randy Savage, he's not one I would have marked down for an early death at all, picture of clean living and health these lads.

Does anyone have any stats for the wrestlers of the 90's and how many of them are now pushing up daisies?

I reckon 50%, at least.

Poor Macho Man Randy Savage, he's not one I would have marked down for an early death at all, picture of clean living and health these lads.

Does anyone have any stats for the wrestlers of the 90's and how many of them are now pushing up daisies?

I reckon 50%, at least.

Savage took a truckload of steroids in the mid-80's and had a notorious cocaine habit. Both contributed to his death.

Anyhoo - I found this list online when reading about Savage's death. Granted there are a few names I don't even know but it's a pretty shocking list seeing as at least 70% were directly (or indirectly) drug related.

Famous Wrestlers That Have Died Since 1985 Before the Age of 65

Chris Von Erich - 21

Mike Von Erich - 23

Louie Spiccoli - 27

Art Barr - 28

Gino Hernandez - 29

Lance Cade - 29

Jay Youngblood - 30

Rick McGraw - 30

Joey Marella - 30

Ed Gatner - 31

Buzz Sawyer - 32

Crash Holly - 32

Kerry Von Erich - 33

D.J. Peterson - 33

Eddie Gilbert - 33

The Renegade - 33

Chris Candido - 33

Test - 33

Adrian Adonis - 34

Gary Albright - 34

Bobby Duncum Jr. - 34

Owen Hart - 34

Yokozuna - 34

Big Dick Dudley - 34

Brian Pillman - 35

Marianna Komlos - 35

Umaga - 36

Pitbull #2 - 36

The Wall/Malice - 36

Emory Hale - 36

Leroy Brown - 38

Mark Curtis - 38

Eddie Guerrero - 38

John Kronus - 38

Davey Boy Smith - 39

Johnny Grunge - 39

Chris Kanyon - 40

Vivian Vachon - 40

Jeep Swenson - 40

Brady Boone - 40

Terry Gordy - 40

Bertha Faye - 40

Billy Joe Travis - 40

Chris Benoit - 40

Larry Cameron - 41

Rick Rude - 41

Randy Anderson - 41

Bruiser Brody - 42

Miss Elizabeth - 42

Big Boss Man - 42

Earthquake - 42

Mike Awesome - 42

Biff Wellington - 42

Brian Adams (Crush) - 43

Ray Candy - 43

Nancy Benoit (Woman) - 43

Dino Bravo - 44

Curt Hennig - 44

El Gigante/Giant Gonzalez - 44

Bam Bam Bigelow - 45

Jerry Blackwell - 45

Junkyard Dog - 45

Hercules - 45

Toni Adams - 45

Andre the Giant - 46

Big John Studd - 46

Chris Adams - 46

Mike Davis - 46

Hawk - 46

Mitsuharu Misawa - 46

Ludvig Borga - 47

Luna Vachon - 48

Steve Dunn - 48

Cousin Junior - 48

Dick Murdoch - 49

Jumbo Tsuruta - 49

Rocco Rock - 49

Sherri Martel - 49

Steve Williams - 49

Moondog Spot - 51

Bastion Booger/Norman the Lunatic - 53

Ken Timbs - 53

Uncle Elmer - 54

Pez Whatley - 54

The Angel of Death - 54

Eddie Graham - 55

Tarzan Tyler - 55

Haystacks Calhoun- 55

Giant Haystacks - 55

Buddy Rose - 56

Kurt Von Hess - 56

Moondog King - 56

Randy Savage - 58

Gene Anderson - 58

Dr. Jerry Graham - 58

Bulldog Brown - 58

Tony Parisi - 58

Rufus R. Jones - 60

Ray Stevens - 60

Stan Stasiak - 60

Terry Garvin - 60

Boris Malenko - 61

Little Beaver - 61

Sapphire - 61

Shohei Baba - 61

Sir Oliver Humperdink - 62

Dick the Bruiser - 62

Wilbur Snyder - 62

George Cannon - 62

Karl Krupp - 62

Dale Lewis - 62

Gorilla Monsoon - 62

Hiro Matsuda - 62

Bad News Brown - 63

Bulldog Brower - 63

SD Jones - 63

Wahoo McDaniel - 63

I mind reading one of those von Erich's crushed his leg or something after thinking he could walk almost immediately after surgery on a broken foot.

Aye that was "Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich. He tried to hide his prosthetic foot from everyone by never taking his boot off in the locker room. Apparently he even used to shower with it on!

• 3 weeks later...

Earthquake was only 42? He only died a few years ago from Cancer, I'm sure he was older.

See, you have your shitty "grenade", "Hypnosis" spots that I think is stupid. Not equally as stupid is that Zack Ryder/Cobra spot, but it works well and is entertaining unlike that other sh*te from Chikara and the like!

Yawn. If you don't like it, f**k off out of a wrestling thread.

Ah, the village idiot mentality of the Aberdeen support I was talking about earlier!

Alive and well in speedos!

Each to their own I S'pose!

How anyone can watch that, especially when its clearly rigged is beyond me.

Hope I didn't spoil it by telling you that.

Ah, the village idiot mentality of the Aberdeen support I was talking about earlier!

Alive and well in speedos!

Each to their own I S'pose!

How anyone can watch that, especially when its clearly rigged is beyond me.

Hope I didn't spoil it by telling you that.

Yip some folk enjoy the entertainment of it. Do you never watch films because they aren't real? Not everyone is going to like it, but what's the point of coming into a clearly marked thread to say you don't like it? If you don't like wrestling don't read a wrestling thread.