Wrestling Thread

robbo

a) john morrison is an idiot. ill concede when he climbed ontop of the cell i thought how cool would it be if he scaled the roof not expecting him to actually do it. the finish was poor, he bottled it a bit once up there but the act itself was awesome.

b) trish needs to ditch 6 inch heels when she tries makes a return after 5 years

c) i pity punk. that looked incredibly sore. the multiple slices on his thigh plus the way he was holding his arm coupled with the look on cena's face surely means hes really hurt.

a) john morrison is an idiot. ill concede when he climbed ontop of the cell i thought how cool would it be if he scaled the roof not expecting him to actually do it. the finish was poor, he bottled it a bit once up there but the act itself was awesome.

b) trish needs to ditch 6 inch heels when she tries makes a return after 5 years

c) i pity punk. that looked incredibly sore. the multiple slices on his thigh plus the way he was holding his arm coupled with the look on cena's face surely means hes really hurt.

That hurricanrana looked so weak.

Morrison is great I think. He needs something a bit substantial to help him with his push.

Punk, oh punk. Ouch.

That hurricanrana looked so weak.

Morrison is great I think. He needs something a bit substantial to help him with his push.

Punk, oh punk. Ouch.

agreed. ive always liked morrison since winning tough enough. you see through the character and root for the guy you saw back then.

i fear for him though. hes been given his push and he isnt getting anywhere. can see him going the same way as shelton benjamin. hes got all the physical attributes and the athleticism but he doesnt have the charisma to get up there and grab your attention. its a shame because he obviously loves what he does and is very innovative. i said a while back that he could be the next HBK if he could master the performance side. its shows what a state the company is in (and always has been in really) when technically great like like savage, chavo, morrison etc are mid card when guys with no ability but can talk and get a crowd going like hogan, miz etc hold the world title aloft.

Both Triple H and The Undertaker have returned. Match between those two at Mania. The 4 weeks of vignettes didn't seem worth it for the 2 minute staredowb we got. Sigh.

120% agreed.

takers return built up so much to the point of fever pitch....and thats what we get. a stare down. out of interest, your feed out of sync 1st hour? i watched vintage before and most of that was about 1 sec delay between lips moving and the corresponding noise. not a big deal but it made watching it look more like a godzilla movie.

next note, ill bet HBK is delighted to get to go into the hall of fame with Jim Duggan....

ffs....ill be the 1st to admit, when i was 7 or 8, i loved hacksaw, mainly because i was an idiot kid who also liked max moon and crush. is jim duggan really a hall of famer?

He needs to be a heel. He has the look and that terrible slo-mo intro so other than when he does cool MOVEZ!~ people don't get behind him.

some of it has gone on challenge but they are way way way behind. like 6 weeks behind.

think new stuff is on saturday nights, 9pm but cant remember where

The new episodes are on Challenge TV on a Tuesday night.

120% agreed.

takers return built up so much to the point of fever pitch....and thats what we get. a stare down. out of interest, your feed out of sync 1st hour? i watched vintage before and most of that was about 1 sec delay between lips moving and the corresponding noise. not a big deal but it made watching it look more like a godzilla movie.

next note, ill bet HBK is delighted to get to go into the hall of fame with Jim Duggan....

ffs....ill be the 1st to admit, when i was 7 or 8, i loved hacksaw, mainly because i was an idiot kid who also liked max moon and crush. is jim duggan really a hall of famer?

Remember it's 6 weeks until Mania. If they had came out and cut 10 minute promos each and/or got into a brawl where would they go with it next week?

People in this thread moaned about too many PPV's and feuds being blown off too quickly - so now they are doing a proper old-school slow build you're complaining?

Remember Duggan was hugely over in the 1980's. Also before he got to the WWF he was a massive star in Mid-South (and had some great matches with Ted Dibiase).

It's a strange one though as WWE don't own the rights to the Mid-South footage so there isn't much they can show.

He did win the first Royal Rumble too so he has more historical significance than Koko B. Ware, Tito Santana, Wendi Richter or Nikolai Volkoff who all somehow are in before him.

But this week, it makes no sense. Undertaker comes out, HHH music hits just after. they stare eachother down and do their trademark taunts...

As of this week, there is no reason for them to fight at Mania.

Compare it to last year, we had since December for build up into the match with Taker. This year... 4 weeks. Doing nothing but a staredown in the first week doesn't make it a slow build up. Just makes it a quick build up but with nothing having really happened in the first week bar them both returning.

Plus, HHH got the biggest pop... again!

But this week, it makes no sense. Undertaker comes out, HHH music hits just after. they stare eachother down and do their trademark taunts...

As of this week, there is no reason for them to fight at Mania.

Compare it to last year, we had since December for build up into the match with Taker. This year... 4 weeks. Doing nothing but a staredown in the first week doesn't make it a slow build up. Just makes it a quick build up but with nothing having really happened in the first week bar them both returning.

Plus, HHH got the biggest pop... again!

Mania is 6 weeks away. So 6 weeks build - I'm sure next they'll establish the reason why they will face each other (obviously it's not confirmed but we know it's happening because Da Meltz! says so).

How can that be a quick build? They faced off and teased the match without saying a word. Perfect booking.

We'll no doubt find out why they are facing off in a couple of weeks then they'll likely add the guest referee (who is the reason they are facing. All ties up nicely.

i wouldnt say this was an old school type build up. it seemed more like neither was really aware the other was there. taker did his usual entrance, hhh does his entrance, both get the pops, crowd goes wild....then what. stare down, walk away then dive back for another stare down. maybe if youd been there it would have been incredible, but to watch, it lacked something.

agree about morrison, he was better suited to being a heel. sad to say but its now obvious how much miz carried him and made him interesting for their "dirt sheet" segments.

overall, raw wasnt bad last night. lots of good positive stuff. be interesting to see where they take it all now

Serious question; has the outcome of any of the pay per view events ever been leaked?

People like Dave Meltzer have "insider info" and suggest what's going to happen. So in some instances, yes, something has been leaked. Can't think of any examples right now. But if creative get hold of this info and they think it's leaked too much, then sometimes they just go the complete opposite way and do something you totally did not expect.

People like Dave Meltzer have "insider info" and suggest what's going to happen. So in some instances, yes, something has been leaked. Can't think of any examples right now. But if creative get hold of this info and they think it's leaked too much, then sometimes they just go the complete opposite way and do something you totally did not expect.

prime example being christians return when jeff hardy was having his "bad year" when his house legitimately burned down and they wrote it in as a work.

everyone knew christian was returning and assumed that he would be written in as the reason jeff was having all this bad luck, so creative change the plan, have the angle fizzle out in a sh*t way, then christian just rocks up on ecw casually; no big return like you expected.

i know they dont like their stories being spoiled, but sometimes what we want as fans is exactly that rather than letting things change drastically and just ebb out.

Serious question; has the outcome of any of the pay per view events ever been leaked?

Not PPV results but when the WWF were pre-taping Monday Night Raw during the 1990's the announcers on the rival show WCW Monday Nitro which aired live would frequently give away the match results right at the start of the show to try and put people off switching to the WWF.

Eric Bischoff did it loads of times at the start of Nitro as well as revealing the initials of the "Higher Power" as VM about 20 minutes before it aired on Raw.

The most famous one is...

Bischoff's "tried and true" tactic of giving away the results from taped Raw shows backfired on January 4, 1999. Mick Foley, who had wrestled for WCW during the early 1990s as Cactus Jack, won the WWF Title as Mankind on Raw. Nitro announcer Tony Schiavone sarcastically mentioned "that'll sure put some butts in the seats." The comment, however, backfired and Nitro would lose the ratings battle that night.