Wrestling Thread

robbo

Trip to wrestlemania, expensive?

Sounded like some event last night.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember back during wrestlamania 17 there was 2 biys in dons tops a bit back from the commentry team?

I'm sure i remember this! Anyone else?

Nae sure what one it was but I do recall that.

I do. The old Puma, Atlantic Telecoms one. It was indeed WM 17!

It is turning out to be expensive. But we're spending about 2 weeks in Florida.

Flights for the four of us turned out to be around £3k. That's; Aberdeen-London-Miami-Orlando (via New York JFK)-London-Aberdeen.

8 nights in Orlando hotel was £600.

4 night Wrestlemania Travel Package was £2100.

So all in all expenses so far is £5.7k for the four of us. That includes our Wrestlemania tickets, Miami hotel, Hall Of Fame tickets, Ringside Raw tickets, Axxess tickets and bus transfers to and from Wrestlemania.

if anyone is interested, im selling off a load of my WWE dvds. relatively bargain prices just so i dont have to pack them for my move in 10 days.

selling a complete 2003 set

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180697384661&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

11 of the 12 from 2002

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180697454300&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

and 10 of the 12 from 2004

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180697457889&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

then a few odd individual ones. as i say, im moving in 10 days and im sick of carrying these around the country only to put them on a shelf and forget they are there. so if i can move them onto someone who will appreciate them better than i have then superb.

re: raw last night....im shocked this wasnt the summerslam ppv knowing how they love a good championship tournament.

i nearly collapsed a lung laughing when hhh called vince "pop". didnt have the impact they wanted whatsoever. hhh and vince should never cry

2004 has to be one of the worst years in wrestling in my opinion. Great American Bash, No Mercy, Bad Blood and the worst No Way Out. Neither brand had the roster to pull off individual PPV's. 2002 however I might have a wee lookey at!

2004 has to be one of the worst years in wrestling in my opinion. Great American Bash, No Mercy, Bad Blood and the worst No Way Out. Neither brand had the roster to pull off individual PPV's. 2002 however I might have a wee lookey at!

aye, 2004 was a very bleak year. was joking about that wi the mrs. great american bash was truly a low point.

genuinely havent even watched most of these. absolute waste of money. i just went through a phase where i wanted to own them all so as soon as they were available to pre-order, id do it. now im looking at the best part of 44 dvds and another 30 vhs tapes which are just heavy as f**k and bulky as all sh*t. got just about every ppv from 1998 onwards but nobody wants vhs anymore even if it is in full year editions.

sitting watching the wwf action dvd im selling.

i forgot how good a year 2001 was. the austin heel turn, always wanting to hug mcmahon, the harcore championship took off big time, the invasion.

on that note, july 9th 2001 was the invasion PPV. how the hell is it over 10 years since invasion! christ time has flown

havent bothered listing these dvds as they probably wont sell

hulk

jackass the movie 1

fantastic 4

boogie nights

bourne supremacy

catch me if you can

dream catcher

cruel intentions 3

the avengers (uma thurman one)

bedazzled

ali

evolution

final destination

footballers wives season 1

girl next door

nico (above the law)

saw 1

tallented mr ripley

13 ghosts

war of the worlds

league of extraordinary gentlemen

liverpool: champions of europe 2005

lots of pish there. lots of stuff ive never watched (surprise, seeing a theme wi me and dvd purchases?)

steveaustinBSR Steve Austin

@ZackRyder you can't be serious, bro...send me an XL and a XXL when they come out...after all...we're Broski's? Right? Take care...SYH...

thats how over ryder is, austin is wanting free shirts from him.

HEELZiggler Dolph Ziggler

Hot off the presses...... "Take care, sport broski gear!" #imtherealnatural http://yfrog.com/kjin1zcj

that made me laugh.

im not a fan of twitter for normal folk, but its amusing to see what celebrities get up to and read their back and forth "banter" with the rest of the world. case and point, ryder abusing ziggler a few weeks back saying his shirt was sold out so show some broski support and buy a ziggler one because theres plenty left. :laughing:

Cracking RAW last night

Don't know how to do the spoiler thing but there was a few surprises.

do it the same way you would a quote.

[/spoiler}

obviously youd finish it with a square bracket instead of that seagull thing but you get the idea.

aye, was a very good raw. i know i found myself laughing quite a lot throughout.

Can't wait to get Sky+ set up in my living room! Really looking forward to recording Raw again. Looks like good times may be round the corner for the WWE.

Anyone think that...

due to Cena vs Punk being announced at last nights Raw, that there will be a new "Undisputed" Championship belt?

Can't wait to get Sky+ set up in my living room! Really looking forward to recording Raw again. Looks like good times may be round the corner for the WWE.

Anyone think that...

due to Cena vs Punk being announced at last nights Raw, that there will be a new "Undisputed" Championship belt?

The belt has grown on me actually. I used to hate it but since they stopped using the "spinner" part it's looked great.

However - if somehow Punk beats Cena I'd like them to have Punk use his own belt aka Austin's Smoking Skull Belt. It'll never happen though.

Apparently they want to keep the current belt as it looks great in HD.

For those of you who enjoy wrestling and are in the North-East area, American Wrestling Superstar Colt Cabana will be making his debut for Aberdeen based wrestling company Wrestlezone Scotland on 20 August at the Northern Hotel.

2011-08-20-Small.jpg

BATTLE OF THE NATIONS 2011 - Northern Hotel, Aberdeen Saturday 20th August 2011

Wrestlezone return to The Northern Hotel in Aberdeen for what is shaping up to be the biggest show in the company’s short history! International superstar Colt Cabana will make his Wrestlezone debut as he attempts to win the Tag Team Titles, along with Bryan Tucker, from Sterling Oil.

England’s Dave Rayne will also make his debut when he takes on home-town hero- Scotty Swift, in an "International Challenge Match"!

Tickets for this event, priced at just £10 for adults and £7 for children, are now available from The Northern Hotel. Ticket holders are GUARANTEED entry on the evening. You can still pay on the door on the night, but please note, this will be limited. Ticket holders are advised to turn up in good time to ensure good seats.

*PLEASE NOTE* this card starts at 7pm, slightly earlier than our usual shows. Doors will be open at 6.30pm.

BOTN_mainevent.jpg

BOTN_event1.jpg

BOTN_event2.jpg

More Matches To Be Announced. Card Subject To Change.

i miss having sky+

i cant record raw/smackdown and fast forward through the crap.

i had to try and watch a live stream on monday. normally if im watching it live ill be playing FM at the same time but having the computer dedicated to watching it was a killer. i got bored at 2.45 and gave up.

found a guy on youtube who uploads all of raw/SD and nXt so i can see this being the only way i keep up to date wi the goings on for the next year

i miss having sky+

i cant record raw/smackdown and fast forward through the crap.

i had to try and watch a live stream on monday. normally if im watching it live ill be playing FM at the same time but having the computer dedicated to watching it was a killer. i got bored at 2.45 and gave up.

found a guy on youtube who uploads all of raw/SD and nXt so i can see this being the only way i keep up to date wi the goings on for the next year

I've got to the point where I just read the reports and try to catch the best parts on YouTube.