Kilt Debate

terenceandphilip

I have one. Gets rolled out once a year guaranteed (work Christmas party) and for any other occasion that merits it (weddings, ceilidhs etc). Wore it to Madrid and Munich, but wouldn't bother again I don't think, novelty of getting not long before that has worn off.

They are comfortable and fairly smart looking. Not particularly patriotic myself, so don't think pride comes in to the equation. Just if it comes down to black tie, I'd go kilt over dinner suit every time.

Some lads look great in a kilt other less so.

I like to see a man comfortable in a kilt and I like it more

if that man knows the tartan and can explain why he is wearing it.

Aye, very true. Many years ago I worked with this couple who got married, McLeod was the name, so he had a tartan he could have legitimately worn, but no, his mrs to be had him wearing a colour of tartan that co-ordinated with the wedding party. f**k that.

Love wearing kilts especially dark coloured ones with a dark shirt not really a fan of the forbes tartan or bright red ones to be honest! Used ti like wearing them when playing the pipes and was really fine wearing it abroad piping in Poland was something for the locals seeing us all in kilts and me on the pipes!

Love wearing kilts especially dark coloured ones with a dark shirt not really a fan of the forbes tartan or bright red ones to be honest! Used ti like wearing them when playing the pipes and was really fine wearing it abroad piping in Poland was something for the locals seeing us all in kilts and me on the pipes!

Good shout, mines is black and white, and wear it wi black shirt black socks and silver tie, looks f**kin quality.