Darts

Not many are interested in the darts now, sadly which is a massive shame given how great the standard is, I think next year I'll be looking to go abroad and watch darts, German crowds are ace

Really?

Thought tickets to watch the darts were in greater demand than they have ever been and the game itself is growing in popularity all the time, thanks to sky and Barry Hearn?

Really?

Thought tickets to watch the darts were in greater demand than they have ever been and the game itself is growing in popularity all the time, thanks to sky and Barry Hearn?

Think he means most people going to the darts aren't bothered about the contest but only there for the piss up.

He's right. Last year I got smashed, started on some hun behind me, lost my phone and got a taxi home to Portsoy after falling out with everyone around me.

No idea who won any of the matches.

@@ebbe can fill in any blanks there.

• Upvote 1

Think he means most people going to the darts aren't bothered about the contest but only there for the piss up.

He's right. Last year I got smashed, started on some hun behind me, lost my phone and got a taxi home to Portsoy after falling out with everyone around me.

The 3 times I have been, the only thing I remember was Barney getting a 9 darter

You're a loonball though lol.

Aye fair enough , take the point. It is just one big piss up now...

Michael van Gerwen and Gary Anderson shared the prestigious PDC Player of the Year title after being announced as joint-winners on Thursday night.

ALAN Norris has capped a stunning first year in the Professional Darts Corporation by being named best newcomer at a glittering awards ceremony.

Aye was some night and you were some shape. The three folk I was with all got thrown out for being smashed then I sat next to you for a while, pretty sure that was the first time I met Roberto when we were out for a tab. I'm also pretty sure I hit the hun you were arguing with, with a full pint after he'd hit me with one earlier.

I still enjoy the premier league but just the crowd that do my head in, I can't moan much as I've been a cunt there aswell but now I'm really in to the darts I look at it differently.

Anyways been back playing for 2 weeks now, just in the house but I already see some big improvements in a short time period, started off on the 11th with a routine where you have 9darts to finish 121, once you've managed that you add 1 on and keep doing that after each completion, I'm now up to 148 and that was with one day off of doing that routine, also doing Cavens 20 routine which is enjoyable too.

I've no idea who's won any matches for the past few years.

I left after the 3rd or 4th game I think. Might go this year if I'm home and start drinking at the darts as opposed to starting early doors in the toon.

Not a fan of Taylors new darts, rancid set, also nice to see Aidy back to his shitself again after a great worlds, cunt.

Do you get excited by the aspects of a dart ? Does it matter if it's 28g bombers or 12g kites that is thrown, as long as The scoring and finishing is good.

Do you get excited by the aspects of a dart ? Does it matter if it's 28g bombers or 12g kites that is thrown, as long as The scoring and finishing is good.

He's had very similar darts before, if you read online you'll see that some just see this as an excuse to make cash from the sales, the chopping and changing is similar to what Peter Wright was like a couple of years ago, you won't get consistent scoring if you keep looking for problems with the darts,

Anderson saying he's had his feet up since the worlds and only done an hour of practice.

Deserves to lose IMO. Poor craic.

Then Kim Huybrechts is saying he is doing everything he can , putting in big hours on the practice board , even going to the gym to do everything right to be as professional as he can.

Can maybe learn something from that Gary...

Anderson saying he's had his feet up since the worlds and only done an hour of practice.

Deserves to lose IMO. Poor craic.

Then Kim Huybrechts is saying he is doing everything he can , putting in big hours on the practice board , even going to the gym to do everything right to be as professional as he can.

Can maybe learn something from that Gary...

They are at different stages in their careers, Huybrechts had a poor year last year where as Gary had won the title, won the pl, put on a few decent showing (without practicing) then played some of the best darts I've seen to defend the world title, the one he always set out to win, he can do what he wants right now, he has a wee boy that has changed him massively, a player as good as Gary doesn't need much practice, Lewis hadn't done much either but he was also trying out new darts too.

They are at different stages in their careers, Huybrechts had a poor year last year where as Gary had won the title, won the pl, put on a few decent showing (without practicing) then played some of the best darts I've seen to defend the world title, the one he always set out to win, he can do what he wants right now, he has a wee boy that has changed him massively, a player as good as Gary doesn't need much practice, Lewis hadn't done much either but he was also trying out new darts too.

Does Phil Taylor "lay off " the practice or has he done through the years do you think?

Anderson needs practice like everyone else, he was rusty last night and Vincent hammered him. A world champion who thinks he can just turn up without practicing when everyone else is putting the hours in is just wrong. He's not that good that he doesn't need practice ( he moans about not had having enough practice?) . Its extremely unprofessional.

Does Phil Taylor "lay off " the practice or has he done through the years do you think?

Anderson needs practice like everyone else, he was rusty last night and Vincent hammered him. A world champion who thinks he can just turn up without practicing when everyone else is putting the hours in is just wrong. He's not that good that he doesn't need practice ( he moans about not had having enough practice?) . Its extremely unprofessional.

How so? if you set out to acheive something in sport and you do it then you defend it a year after you can do as you please, you've done more than what you wanted to do and the hunger isn't there the same now, add in having a kid to bring up and a business to run aswell as sponsoring a couple of players Gary clearly has more things to worry about, he@ll have a throw but nothing intense, he pretty much won the PL last year with a couple hours of practic.

How so? if you set out to acheive something in sport and you do it then you defend it a year after you can do as you please, you've done more than what you wanted to do and the hunger isn't there the same now, add in having a kid to bring up and a business to run aswell as sponsoring a couple of players Gary clearly has more things to worry about, he@ll have a throw but nothing intense, he pretty much won the PL last year with a couple hours of practic.

Absolute nonsense min, cmon.

You telling me that's how he's achieved what he's achieved so far?

He should want to be number 1 in the world , he has the ability.

A poor attitude like that will cost him dear, I just don't like seeing him turn up with that attitude , there's plenty up and coming players who would give their right arms to get a chance to play in a top 16 tournament.