Lennon Sent Mail Bomb

It's getting close to the stage where what happens on the pitch is nigh on irrelevant. It took death to bring English football to it's senses, as regards the neanderthals populating the stands, and they've all but eradicated that now, certainly inside the stadiums in any case.

i thought you didnt like the bourjois sanitisation of football, tup?

to be fair, if you want to keep minky little junkie neds like that tinkcastle bloke out of football, and on the margins of society where they belong, then hiking up the prices is a good thing

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad, sad times.

The problem these clubs have now is, they have become an outlet for terrorism, are they going to address it properly?

We all know the answer to that, sadly.

Add in that they are the SPL cash cows and even powers at be are unwilling to flex their muscles. IMO the best Scotland can hope for is some form of UEFA intervention. The thought of losing a CL place would spur the respective clubs into taking real action.

Add in that they are the SPL cash cows and even powers at be are unwilling to flex their muscles. IMO the best Scotland can hope for is some form of UEFA intervention. The thought of losing a CL place would spur the respective clubs into taking real action.

Yes, I agree, however, when UEFA sanctioned Rangers recently the response of Martin Bain was along the lines of 'oh well the UEFA delegate was clearly one of 'them''. Incredulous.

So, there is no such thing as fairness with them, you're either with us or against us is their attitude, no middle ground i.e. fairness and equality, just black, or white.

UEFA should hammer both but in what way is anyone's guess. Banning them from Europe indefinitely worked in England. It's getting near that here.

Well say that then, on the topic in question, instead of making yourself look daft by claiming, in true Chemical Ali fashion, that this is all a conspiracy in my mind, and that Lennon brings this on himself.

On another note, I wonder what happens if someone dies over all this?

Where does Scottish football go from there you have to wonder?

It's getting close to the stage where what happens on the pitch is nigh on irrelevant. It took death to bring English football to it's senses, as regards the neanderthals populating the stands, and they've all but eradicated that now, certainly inside the stadiums in any case.

Is the same thing to happen here before sanity prevails?

Excellent post TUP, and something that needs to be considered, and something that hasnt been mentioned by the media, I fear this may end up being the only thing that would bring change

Same thing happened to my cousin after he booted Ricksen.

It was the Evening Depress who released his details.

That have anything to do with a junior hack known as Spurtboy?

That boy wisna all there, he's your cousin, is he also your uncle?

Yes, I agree, however, when UEFA sanctioned Rangers recently the response of Martin Bain was along the lines of 'oh well the UEFA delegate was clearly one of 'them''. Incredulous.

So, there is no such thing as fairness with them, you're either with us or against us is their attitude, no middle ground i.e. fairness and equality, just black, or white.

UEFA should hammer both but in what way is anyone's guess. Banning them from Europe indefinitely worked in England. It's getting near that here.

A ban from UEFA would terrify those that really matter , the bean counters.

I really think it's the only way forward now. Scottish authorities fear both clubs but UEFA don't.

Ban them both it helps the Scottish game and society as a whole. Dons qualify for Champions League and are.back amongst the european elite. Win win situation.

Wonder how they can prove religious prejudice?

Boy should just claim he went for Lennon cause Lennon is a cock.

I imagine his Facebook page is awash with utter tripe about Lennon this that and the next.

Not to mention his email, his behaviour at the match prior to the incident on CCTV.

I imagine it's fairly straightforward to prove.

And I'd be fully in support of them lifting people left, right and centre at games involving the OF until it stops.

I in no way condone what happened last night or letter bombs bullets etc, after all its 90 minutes and it should be left on the park. No-one deserves what has occurred in the last year or so.

However.....

As a player, Neil Lennon was hated for the spirit he played the game in, long before he arrived at Celtic, by fans and players alike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ

At Celtic, as a player, he was hated by all in Scotland, barring Celtic fans, for his attitude on the pitch, for his personal life, comments he made, everything.

This is a guy who's comments as a manager have brought our entire game in to disrepute, questioning the professionalism of referees and players.

Under scrutiny after bombs being sent to his house etc, Neil Lennon decides that its a good idea to cup his ears at Rangers fans after walking halfway across the pitch, further inciting people after a well behaved game with the old firm. Instead he steals it and becomes front page news.

I never seen last nights game, and have seen the footage, I wonder how Neil Lennon celebrated the goal that had just occurred, quietly with a pump of the fist? I'd guess not.

Its not his enthusiasm that gets people up, look at Martin O'Neil, celebrated like you or I do, he's a high profile Irish Catholic, like Neil Lennon, so why wasn't he ever attacked?

Celtics board need to reign him in, and give him some diplomacy training, or things might get much, much worse.

apparently the guy is being charged with assault aggravated by religious prejudice

This is where the law is an ass. It doesn't matter why you assault someone. They continue to foster a society where religion is given some sort of credence, and act all suprised and dumbfounded when we end up with religious strife! :suicide:

So if i randomly punch someone for no reason that crime is not as severe? :dontknow:

Anyway throw the twat in jail, that'll soon stop all this nonsense.

Whilst I can partially understand the sentiment, he's not a shrinking violet, he is doing all these things in order to win a game of football

Just like Robbie Savage, the fact he comes across as in your face, and a bit of a mouthpiece, is by the by. It's a sport, where you try to gain a competitive edge on your rivals. That's his way of doing it, in combative style.

So I don't feel he should be reigned in, as he's done nothing wrong, nothing that cannot be dealt with by disciplinary committee in any case.

To say that he's somehow bringing this on himself is wrong, as I've already explained. NO action on a football park or touchline deserves this response.

Whilst I can partially understand the sentiment, he's not a shrinking violet, he is doing all these things in order to win a game of football

Just like Robbie Savage, the fact he comes across as in your face, and a bit of a mouthpiece, is by the by. It's a sport, where you try to gain a competitive edge on your rivals. That's his way of doing it, in combative style.

So I don't feel he should be reigned in, as he's done nothing wrong, nothing that cannot be dealt with by disciplinary committee in any case.

To say that he's somehow bringing this on himself is wrong, as I've already explained. NO action on a football park or touchline deserves this response.

As Ive said, I in no way condone what is happening to the guy, last night or otherwise.

There is a very big difference between gaining an advantage over an opponent and what Neil Lennon says does. As a player, he was at best a player people love to hate, if he's in your team, you love him, if he's against you, you hate him. Robbie Savage was the same, and I've no problem with that.

Neil Lennon is in a situation where he has called in to question professionalism of other players. If Walter Smith came out tomorrow and said "Motherwell will probably not compete against Celtic come Sunday because they won't want to risk injury and they're guaranteed a place in Europe if Celtic win the league", it'd be a called, quite rightfully, a disgrace, same as if he suggests it after Sunday if Rangers lose the title.

There is a HUGE difference between being Celtics manager and Celtics midfielder, and Lennon needs to be aware of that more.

Let's get away from Lennon for a moment and talk about the actual game. Just saw the highlights and WTF is that red card for Obua all about? Mulgrew's reaction is embarrassing and to think we felt sorry for him with the Lafferty incident too. Why was Hooper not booked for gesturing to the home fans for the first goal (which he does a lot, even did it up here in February)? And Commons deserved his red card (definite dive and although a stupid rule he should have known he's have picked up a 2nd booking for celebrating with the crowd)

Also do the Tims still think Hearts lay down to the Huns now then?

what other catholic n irish players have there been?

currently wanting to prove its not purely because of his religion

What are you on about?

There have been thousands of Catholic and Irish players.

Please explain your post better so we can help assist you further.