Lennon Sent Mail Bomb

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't like Scotland, they can go play in their Irish league. If they are so 'pro Ireland' - then f**k them. Piss off out of our league if they don't like it.

Money divided evenly between the rest of the SPL - sorted. I'm fed up hearing their paranoid android nonsense, about time the rest of Scotland stood up and got rid of these filthy f**kers. The SPL could cope with out them.

I don't buy this 'oh but we can't, we need them'. Who says? We've not actually had anyone take a stand against them to even see if our league would work without them in this day and age.

The rest of the SPL are scared. Our league is a joke at present, what harm is there with the rest of Scotland distancing themselves from the sh*te the OF bring?

I'm not wasting breath, I type these words - I don't actually say them out loud you know.

Great post :applause:

It's not a line that I've heard an Aberdeen supporter ever say, either in the real world nor on here.

This is to miss the point and skew the debate however.

They aint going anywhere and to call for their removal and to attribute them with a bigger portion of the blame than the inept fools at the SPL and SFA is nuts.

Nobody should be asking for them to be expelled. If they want to go and hoor themselves to a North Atlantic league or anyone that will have them, more fool them and yes, there will be benefits to the rest of us but to deal with hypothetical remoteness on a scale where the probability of it happening is almost zero means it's a waste of time.

And anyway, I think it will taste sweeter if we get our own act together and beat them.

We get no say in anything. We're dictated to, by a combo of them and satellite TV scheduling.

I'm amazed you think it possible for any other team to win the league. It's not.

AT THE MOMENT.

But who says the corruption and anti-sport measures will last for ever? In fact, it's pretty obvious that something needs to give and common sense is the only solution. Don't always see black in the future beyond the black in both the present and the recent past. These negatively psyched arseholes that make up a significant number in Scotland make me sick, Fife and Sutherland being the most negative anywhere on the planet, ahead of the weeg even. Optimism rools ya bas.

I dinna mind it being a challenge. But nearly all the major European leagues, with Germany and Holland glaring exceptions, have a handful of insurmountable teams at the top and the gap is wider than ever before.

It's nigh on impossible to challenge such disparity.

So I don't believe the problem is exclusive to Scotland, far from it.

Look at Motherwell on Saturday. If one of their players did what Mastjorovic did, he'd be off in seconds. Like Considine was.

Bad enough they have to compete at a non-neutral venue, with less fans, and have a far lower standard of player.

Icing on the cake is, the referee is afraid to give anything against one of the competitors.

Haven't seen it mentioned but i read that John "Budgie" Stewart has had offer of

a deal at Clyde withdrawn following anti Lennon "stuff" appearing on his Facebook page.

Stewart claims his account had been hacked.

What an obnoxious wee turd he is.

As is Stewart.

Haven't seen it mentioned but i read that John "Budgie" Stewart has had offer of

a deal at Clyde withdrawn following anti Lennon "stuff" appearing on his Facebook page.

As is Stewart.

Easy to see why the thick, jug-eared, glaikit looking, ginger haired c**t was so delighted to score a last minute winner at Parkhead then.

As for Stewart, words fail me.

As is Stewart.

I would imagine this is why......

johnstewart2.jpg

johnstewart.jpg

You failed to read my post, the one to which you are responding.

The problem of disparity is now obvious to all of us in Scotland and Spain in particular. England continues to prove that money is the only currency and that it is money that is ruining the sport. UEFA and Platini have recognised the problem and are attempting to tackle it with their revenue, earnings and debt formulae but my point was "at the moment" which I even highlighted for you.

To go through life moaning about the obvious and having zero faith in the possibility of change is terribly tragic.

As for the cup final, I saw it but I may have been watching a different game or perhaps you ignore what doesn't suit your argument?

The handball on the edge of his box should have been a straight red. Did you forget about this or were you making yourself a cup of tea at the time?

I take exception to this.

I dinna drink tea :angry2:

Anyway, the referee was, in the obvious and age-old tradition, 'even-ing up' the bad calls with the blatant Well handball.

He knows the Celtic defender should have been off the park.

Then you get into semantics about whether Celtic would have been attacking at that point etc etc.

It was 0-0 when the bad call was made.

And I did read your post, I just don't believe it will come round again that we will have success, under the current system. I think it's gone, for good, until drastic change takes place, so whilst your cyclical argument used to hold true, it no longer resonates for me.

I don't see that as defeatist, I've done the sums, I see it as realistic.

OK. Good. So the referee wasn't cheating then. Glad we cleared that up.

I never proffered a cyclical argument. I recognised at the precise moment that Hewitt scored when we were in Sweden that that was the pinnacle and that it could only go downhill from there. It was such an incredible achievement that it was always going to be impossible to match.

My argument was that what is obvious to you and me and almost everyone else barring those with a vested interest and a warped view of "sport" isn't going to last for ever and therefore entrenching oneself in negative continuum and failing to recognise not only the possibility of change but the actual intentions to change, is sad.

"Defeatist" was an interesting word to introduce to the debate.

Well I've seen enough of Scottish football over the years to know when it's hit a nadir.

We've had plenty of controversial periods before. We've had domination from one or two clubs before.

We've never had such an uneven playing field as this. I don't see it as possible that Aberdeen can match Rangers & Celtic, in the same way that a club with an average attendance like ours, from any other country, say Blackpool and England for arguments sake, would have no hope of matching Manchester United or Arsenal over the course of a season. The gap, which has always been there, has become a canyon, one which is impossible to cross.

Our day in the sun is gone, for good, under this current system.

I cite Hearts, who threw millions at it, as an example. They tried, and failed, to match them, and ended up with ridicule from the media and others for their efforts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The Scottish Premier League have confirmed that no action will be taken against Hearts or Celtic following an alleged attack on Celtic manager Neil Lennon by a supporter during the game between the sides on May 11.

Lennon, who has been the target of death threats and a parcel-bomb campaign this season, was confronted by a fan who leapt out of the main stand just after Celtic had scored their second goal in a 3-0 win at Tynecastle.

The fan clambered from the Hearts section of the main stand and charged towards the Celtic boss on the touchline.

Neil-Lennon-attacked-during-Harts-game.jpg

Celtic No 2 Alan Thompson stuck an arm out as the man launched himself at Lennon. The attacker almost grabbed Lennon, but was knocked to the ground.

He was pinned down by Thompson and stewards as a furious Lennon tried to confront the man

A statement from the SPL read: 'The SPL Board decided that no action should be taken against either club as the action taken by each club before, during and since the match was reasonable in all the circumstances.'

A 26-year-old man has appeared in court charged with breach of the peace and assault, both aggravated by religious prejudice.

Lennon should perhaps be charged for kicking the 'supporter'. Or how about next season get Lennon a Popemobile (copyright Michael Paton) style dugout for his protection?

• 2 weeks later...