I think Brown has made it very clear that Young would still be an Aberdeen player had we not had the likes of Paton, Mackie on the payroll.

Some of the squad were out on Saturday Night in Aurum for Rory McArdle's birthday. I know they get a hard time for when they're out but would like to say there behaviour was very good on Saturday they were having a laugh with everyone and mixing in with everyone in the nightclub.

Spoke with Younger who sid he was gutted but that's football and joked he'd been on the phone to Jimmy if he gets County job FT. Others who were out were all of the opinion Younger shouldve got a contract and couple of them even suggested they think he still might - read in to that what you want. Stevie Smith made it clear he was a die hard hun but also said he is really keen to stay and is just waiting for a contract to be offered. Vuja says he loves Aberdeen & the girls but says it would take a lot of money for him to be back.

There were a few others there but to be honest the more 'shandys' consumed the memory gets worse!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can want all he wants, they'll not be a massive amount of teams beating his door down to make him offers. Plenty more able footballers than him will be released this summer and beyond, he'll not be in a position to hold us to randsom.

I'd be willing to bet he's playing for Fortmartine or Inverurie in under 5 years.

Edit: I'll be delighted to be proven wrong.

I'll bet you a grand he's not

Bebo, can we have another countdown timer to go alongside the Cammy Smith one?

I think Brown has made it very clear that Young would still be an Aberdeen player had we not had the likes of Paton, Mackie on the payroll.

Some of the squad were out on Saturday Night in Aurum for Rory McArdle's birthday. I know they get a hard time for when they're out but would like to say there behaviour was very good on Saturday they were having a laugh with everyone and mixing in with everyone in the nightclub.

Seen McArdle,Blackman,Maginnes and Aluko on union street last night, all looked bored as toon was deed.

Can't fault the guys attitude, but he's quite clearly not good enough. Should never have been signed in the first place. The few decent games that he's had doesn't cover up for the fact that he is a bad bad footballer.

He'll be at Ross County next season.

Seen McArdle,Blackman,Maginnes and Aluko on union street last night, all looked bored as toon was deed.

I met them all in Espionage earlier on. Aluko said he hoped to stay, Megennis was the happiest man i've ever seen.

Vuja's a terrible player! It'd take a load of cash FROM HIM for Aberdeen to keep him. The man's a liability!

Correct. Vuja is sh*te. The only positive thing I could say about him is he looks composed on the ball. It's disgusting to think that Blackman and Vuja will be going back to the Premiership and Serie A for next season when neither have really looked good enough for the SPL.

Who cares, he's moving on, lets just wish him all the best and be done with it.

I'd be more worried about who we can afford to bring in, not who is leaving. I'm still scratching my head trying to think of a centre half, possibly two plus a right back who can come in on our wage structure and do a job???? I can't think of any centre halfs in the SPL. I hope wee Craigie and Archie have a wide net to cast and a lot of contacts.

This summer could be very interesting or frustrating.

How's about you just say that he's way too good for Formartine or Locos (no disrespect) and we'll call it quits

OK I was speaking sh*te he is too good for Fortmartine or Locos, although Fortmartine are an ambitious club so in 5 years you never know, they may offer him daft money!

I'm still of the opinion that Jacks not that great though, and to be honest I've not saw too much to convince me otherwise. I know he's still young but feel the game passes him by often and his chronic lack of pace is shocking for a young loon.

A squad player at best and I'd be dissapointed if he is seen as anything else long term, if he is a fixture of our team then I feel that bottom 6 mediocity is all we'll ever achieve. He's certainly more of a Fergus Tiernan than a Fraser Fyvie, IMO.

OK I was speaking sh*te he is too good for Fortmartine or Locos, although Fortmartine are an ambitious club so in 5 years you never know, they may offer him daft money!

I'm still of the opinion that Jacks not that great though, and to be honest I've not saw too much to convince me otherwise. I know he's still young but feel the game passes him by often and his chronic lack of pace is shocking for a young loon.

A squad player at best and I'd be dissapointed if he is seen as anything else long term, if he is a fixture of our team then I feel that bottom 6 mediocity is all we'll ever achieve. He's certainly more of a Fergus Tiernan than a Fraser Fyvie, IMO.

:thumbs:

I agree in the assumption he is no Fraser Fyvie, but they are completely different types of player. It's like saying Mikel is no Lampard, etc. I've said it a hundred times on here, Fyvie is a dynamic, box to box midfielder. Ryan Jack certainly isn't. But if you want someone to hold on to the ball, at his feet and keep things simple I would doubt there is any better at the club. Just my opinion of course and yes, he may not progress and may drop a level, but that is down to how much he does, or doesn't want it.

:thumbs:

I agree in the assumption he is no Fraser Fyvie, but they are completely different types of player. It's like saying Mikel is no Lampard, etc. I've said it a hundred times on here, Fyvie is a dynamic, box to box midfielder. Ryan Jack certainly isn't. But if you want someone to hold on to the ball, at his feet and keep things simple I would doubt there is any better at the club. Just my opinion of course and yes, he may not progress and may drop a level, but that is down to how much he does, or doesn't want it.

Ollie, when I said he's no Fraser Fyvie I was not on about the positions they play or their style of play, but how Fyvie is higly thought of and regarded in the game by managers of other clubs, scouts, etc, compared to Jack. Fyvie is seen by many as the hottest young prospect in Scottish football, I'd be surprised if anyone in the game sees Jack as anything other than an average young loon.

A bit like comparing Maguire to Paton..

Ollie, when I said he's no Fraser Fyvie I was not on about the positions they play or their style of play, but how Fyvie is higly thought of and regarded in the game by managers of other clubs, scouts, etc, compared to Jack. Fyvie is seen by many as the hottest young prospect in Scottish football, I'd be surprised if anyone in the game sees Jack as anything other than an average young loon.

A bit like comparing Maguire to Paton..

Not really, Maguire and Paton are both sh*te!!

Maguires far from sh*te you clueless fool. Decent young player and about as good as we've got.

You ought to stop filling your head with Champions League and Premiership games on the telly min, he's more than good enough for us.

Well said, I'm sick of hearing the cliched Maguire is sh*te pish.

I'd love him to sign a new deal.

Not really, Maguire and Paton are both sh*te!!

Maguires far from sh*te you clueless fool. Decent young player and about as good as we've got.

You ought to stop filling your head with Champions League and Premiership games on the telly min, he's more than good enough for us.

Well said, I'm sick of hearing the cliched Maguire is sh*te pish.

I'd love him to sign a new deal.

I think the fact he was in the short list for young player of the year suggests he is better than sh*te!

Clueless fool? What u speakin about? Probably forgotten more about football than you will ever know you knob!

All about opinions, as someone who pays to watch Aberdeen, im entitled to my opinion. I think hes pish, and couldnt care less if he signs a new deal or not. The most overrated player at Pittodrie in a long time.

Over Rated by who exactly? Nobody is suggesting he is the new Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo or Pele! Or that he is even good enough to play in the EPL. I rate his potential, but he hasn't been living up to that "yet". That doesn't mean he is sh*te!

Over Rated by who exactly? Nobody is suggesting he is the new Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo or Pele! Or that he is even good enough to play in the EPL. I rate his potential, but he hasn't been living up to that "yet". That doesn't mean he is sh*te!

By the media. Majority of people on here seem to be not too bothered about if he leaves or not.

You have your opinion, I have mine, we aint gonna agree.

Perspective required.

He's not sh*te, can play the game, and would walk into most teams in Scotland.

Bottom 6 sides maybe, I cant see him getting a sniff at any of the top 6 sides, perhaps Kilmarnock being the exception. If thats the standard we want, then I give up.

Bottom 6 sides maybe, I cant see him getting a sniff at any of the top 6 sides, perhaps Kilmarnock being the exception. If thats the standard we want, then I give up.

I've watched top class strikers / attackers of the calibre of McGhee, McDougall, Nicholas, Gillhus, Shearer, Jess, etc in my time following the dons, I've also watched some absolute sh*te in Edwards, Hinds, D'Jaffo, Mike, Prunty, etc,

While I admit Maguire will never be fit to tie the laces of the first lot I mentioned, he's definetely a step up from the second lot. What I'm trying to say is that while he may not be international class, he's certainly not sh*te.

Love him or hate him, dislike his personality / attitude, theres no way anyone can say he's sh*te, surely?

Did you catch his goals for the Scotland Under21's? Did you see how well he performed in those games? That was not a sh*te player my delusional friend, that was a decent young prospect making his way in the game.

And what are you on about a small man for?

I've watched top class strikers / attackers of the calibre of McGhee, McDougall, Nicholas, Gillhus, Shearer, Jess, etc in my time following the dons, I've also watched some absolute sh*te in Edwards, Hinds, D'Jaffo, Mike, Prunty, etc,

While I admit Maguire will never be fit to tie the laces of the first lot I mentioned, he's definetely a step up from the second lot. What I'm trying to say is that while he may not be international class, he's certainly not sh*te.

Love him or hate him, dislike his personality / attitude, theres no way anyone can say he's sh*te, surely?

Did you catch his goals for the Scotland Under21's? Did you see how well he performed in those games? That was not a sh*te player my delusional friend, that was a decent young prospect making his way in the game.

And what are you on about a small man for?

Yes I watched the Scotland U21's games and he performed well. No denying that. But after witnessing him at Pittodrie for the last 5 years, I dont want him in our team. Simple as that. If you have a problem with that, then theres nothing you can say that will change my mind.

And delusional because I disagree with your opinion of a player?? Thats a good one that. You are the delusional one if you think Maguire is going to make anything of his career. He doesnt have the attitude nor the intelligence to make anything of it. Lets agree to disagree and not resort to name calling now. Theres a good lad.